PDA

View Full Version : cant hold down protein shake???

shauny2times
09-19-2008, 10:55 AM
hey guys my nephew is 17 and 5,1 110lbs wants to be big like me but he don't eat.... I gave him a protein shake he said it made him hella full and later he barfed it up.....wtf? shake nutreints are comparable to isopure.... and mixed with water.....why dosent he eat and y did this happen? any help appreciated

brihead301
09-19-2008, 11:44 AM
Protien shakes are much better when mixed with milk. Try ON 100% Whey Gold Standard. It comes in many different flavors.

He's gonna have to eat if he wants to get big. Tell him, that's all there is to it. There's no other way around it, at least none that I'm aware of.

=Travis=
09-19-2008, 11:56 AM
When I first started drinking protein shakes, they made me feel pretty full pretty quick. I got used to it after a short time. Maybe start him off with a smaller protein shake. I think mixing with milk leaves an even fuller feeling IMO. I have issues with milk as it is so I just use water to mix and occasionally juice.

Then again I am a big guy who eats a bit. It's a suggestion anyway.

ArjunDhir
09-20-2008, 09:09 AM
I use a GNC 100% Whey Gold Standard, Protein and its Chocolate flavor and although it isn't something to die for, I really don't mind it so much either. I mix the Protein with 250ml of Milk, and around 3/4 frozen Banana and it actually tastes alright.

liftstuff
10-01-2008, 01:32 PM
sounds like lactose intollerance.. I believe I developed it from taking whey. I never had a problem in my life until then.

Davey
10-01-2008, 02:28 PM
try some of the at large protein powders, they taste great and never give me any gas/bloating etc.