PDA

View Full Version : please help me raise funds for two great causes

ryuage
09-19-2008, 11:42 PM
Help me reach my donation goal

This is going out to the wbb community
a quarter, a dollar... anything for a good cause! :clap:

As you may be aware (or not), I have been diligently training for the CrossFit Fight Gone Bad event on Saturday, September 27. In addition, I am committed to supporting both the Prostate Cancer Foundation and the Wounded Warrior Project.

Prostate cancer is the most common non-skin cancer in America, affecting one in six men. Men are 35% more likely to be diagnosed with prostate cancer than women are to be diagnosed with breast cancer.

Athletes for a Cure, a program of the Prostate Cancer Foundation, is a fundraising and awareness program to assist individual athletes in their quest to raise money for better treatments and a cure for prostate cancer. The Prostate Cancer Foundation is the world?s largest philanthropic source of support for prostate cancer research with a simple, yet urgent goal: to find better treatments and a cure for recurrent prostate cancer.

The mission of the Wounded Warrior Project is to honor and empower wounded warriors.

I am dedicated to this race and hope that you will support me in reaching my
fundraising goal.

Login to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support Prostate Cancer Foundation

http://athletes.kintera.org/faf/r.asp?t=4&i=275345&u=275345-233155705&e=1906187461

Steven Tecson

Chubrock
09-20-2008, 08:06 AM
Somebody hook Steven up. He's a great guy and both of these causes are well worth supporting.

Steven, we're running a seminar that day at the gym, but I think those of us not doing the seminar are going to the other CF that is hosting the event in our city. With the way my back is, I'm not in any shape to try and put up some big FGB number. We may just end up sending in a donation to the Wounded Warrior.

ryuage
09-20-2008, 08:45 AM
Sounds good Andrew.

Im in no shape to do it either, but ill pour out some sweat and pain and hopefully still pull out a good 400+ I'm going to hit up some filthy 50 this morning. If I was still in NC I could hit up some CF with you guys in Wilmington.

Organichu
09-20-2008, 09:31 AM
I'd always just presumed (from media coverage) that breast cancer was the most common iteration. Wow. Good cause, bro.

Do you know in which cities the CF event will be held?

ryuage
09-20-2008, 09:32 AM
it's actually being held at every affiliate that is choosing to create a team and participate.

Chubrock
09-21-2008, 06:14 PM
Let's put this back at the top.

ryuage
09-22-2008, 06:13 PM
cmon guys!!! pull that change out from under the sofa

Chubrock
09-22-2008, 07:15 PM
I hit you up for $25. It's not much. We're doing stuff down here but wanted to help ya out.

Come on guys. I know gas is expensive but you can spare just a bit. Even $5 makes a difference.

Chubrock
09-23-2008, 07:28 PM
To the top.