PDA

View Full Version : Question on dieting and not losing strength , supplementation etc.

Donnajo
09-20-2008, 12:12 PM
I want to drop about 10 lbs and not lose strength. I figured I would follow a carb cycle timing my carbs around training. Something similar to what is in the book nutrient timing.

I am going to follow a slight deficit and incorporate more cardio.

My question is does anyone have any experience doing this and are there any supplements or methods that you have used that would also be beneficial in addition to what I am doing? Or any suggestions for a better way to go about it? Just looking for ideas and thoughts.

essentialherb08
09-20-2008, 12:41 PM
Its a good way to lose fat just make sure not to overdo it on the carbs, if you could I'd say avoid carbs altogether until you lose the weight you want which wont take too long on a ketosis diet. EDIT: remember that when on this type of diet your aim is to use fat(ketones) instead of glucose as your main source of energy, leading to fat loss. Plus in ketosis growth hormone levels go up as insulin levels come down.

If you do that then with a slight calorie deficit and your cardio you should not have problems. Eat plenty of fatty meat keep your vitamins in check and you'll be good. Ive done the reverse on been on a ketosis diet and upped my calories quiet a bit and have gained plenty of strength and some muscle and stayed lean. So I dont think you have much to worry about losing strength at all, you may even gain some.

Tennessee Mike
09-20-2008, 03:12 PM
I want to drop about 10 lbs and not lose strength. I figured I would follow a carb cycle timing my carbs around training. Something similar to what is in the book nutrient timing.

I am going to follow a slight deficit and incorporate more cardio.

My question is does anyone have any experience doing this and are there any supplements or methods that you have used that would also be beneficial in addition to what I am doing? Or any suggestions for a better way to go about it? Just looking for ideas and thoughts.

You may lose a little strength at first,but after a few weeks your body will adjust to the weight loss and the strength will come back.My advice would be to alter your training a bit until you lose the weight,then get back to it.

Donnajo
09-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the advice guys! Good ideas.

Any suggestions on supplements anyone? I can't take anything that will make my heart race. Right now I just take fish oils, whey protein, and a multivitamin for woman , vit. C , and vit. E

Tennessee Mike
09-20-2008, 04:58 PM
L-Carnitine,Glutamine.Watch the fish oils.Could be harmful to women.

Lones Green
09-20-2008, 05:01 PM
i think by implementing nutrient timing you can drop 10 pounds easily

Donnajo
09-20-2008, 05:10 PM

How so?

Donnajo
09-20-2008, 05:11 PM
i think by implementing nutrient timing you can drop 10 pounds easily

I think so too. Just don't want to lose strength. You know how stubborn I am about that.

Tennessee Mike
09-20-2008, 06:46 PM
How so?

Well,only during pregnancy.So I dont know if it you will be affected.

Reko
09-20-2008, 08:12 PM
I don't know what you weigh but I think just eating what you are now and increasing the workload (adding in extra "conditioning" workouts) and that should do the trick there. 10 pounds isn't too much to lose in order to have to worry about changing a lot of what you are currently doing.
If that makes sense.

essentialherb08
09-21-2008, 12:42 PM

No they are not. Unless its got mercury or some shiet.

Donnajo
09-22-2008, 02:16 PM
I don't know what you weigh but I think just eating what you are now and increasing the workload (adding in extra "conditioning" workouts) and that should do the trick there. 10 pounds isn't too much to lose in order to have to worry about changing a lot of what you are currently doing.
If that makes sense.

That is exactly what I am going to do. Overall I am happy with the way I look. Just a little fine tuning is what I want to do.

wrestlemaniac
09-22-2008, 09:09 PM
erm... isn't ketosis something to avoid?