PDA

View Full Version : Massive Weight Loss Guidance

Wooly285
09-22-2008, 11:33 AM
I'm 6'1 and about 280lbs. My goal is to get down to 225 or lower. I'm planning on the 4-5 small meals a day. So far it's going to look something like this...

9:00am
100 calorie non-fat yogurt
1 piece of fruit

11:30am
2 Cups leafy greens
2oz. Chicken on top (optional)
1 calorie dressing spray

2:00pm
4oz. (chicken, ground beef, deer, elk, steak, pork)
1/2 Cup brown rice

5:00pm
2 Cups raw veggies (broccoli, carrots, peas, celery, small bell peppers)

8:30pm
1 Cup veggies cooked
4oz. (chicken, ground beef, deer, elk, steak, pork)

Sorry I don't have the calorie intake on most of my meals, but I plan to stay around 1000 calories a day.

My workout is mainly going to be cardio through this whole weight loss adventure. I plan on doing some light high rep lifting, but mainly at least an hour of cardio per day. Is 1000 calories a day to little? Should I possibly be eating something else? I also have some under 100 calorie soup to sub for a meal. Is this an good diet for weight loss? Should I be taking a scoop of whey in the morning? Drinking plenty of water also. Thanks, Wooly.

chrisco915
09-22-2008, 12:21 PM
1000 calories? Wow...have you considered perhaps Interval cardio(60/120s) and lowering the calories gradually? That is very drastic and cause so serious issues. I am 240lbs, eat almost 4000cals a day and am leaner now that when i was eating 2400. By denying yourself healthy fats your body is going to have a harder time letting it go.

chrisco915
09-22-2008, 12:23 PM
Try this:

MEN'S DIET

MEAL #1
4 whole Omega-3 Eggs (with 4 additional whites)

MEAL #2
SHAKE: 40g whey protein with 1 Tablespoon of All Natural PB

MEAL #3
“Lean Protein Meal” 6oz chicken (or Turkey, or tilapia, flounder, or cod) with 1/3-cup RAW almonds, cashews or walnuts

MEAL #4
Repeat MEAL #3

MEAL #5
“Fatty Protein Meal” 6oz Salmon, Swordfish, or 8oz RED MEAT (filet mignon, or top round cut) with a green salad (no tomatoes, carrots, or red peppers) with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or Macadamia nut oil and vinegar

MEAL #6 40g whey protein with 1 tablespoon of All Natural Peanutbutter

*****MEAL ORDER IS UNIMPORTANT. ALL MEALS ARE EQUAL.

***ONCE A WEEK, HAVE A CHEAT MEAL (instead of MEAL #6) – try to make it the last meal of the day (start after 2 weeks on the diet)
*** You can use sugar-free soy sauce, mustard, and vinegar for condiments.
*** You can drink water, sugar-free drinks (diet soda), coffee, or tea with STEVIA BALANCE (no Equal or Splenda Packets).
*** NO GUM CHEWING (limit to 3 pieces per day)

Lones Green
09-22-2008, 01:00 PM
yeah, that is way too low in calories. wayyyyy too low. i eat that in my dinner to keep my weight.

chrisco915
09-22-2008, 01:06 PM
yeah, that is way too low in calories. wayyyyy too low. i eat that in my dinner to keep my weight.

My breakfast was 1000cals......LOL.

jpw204
09-22-2008, 01:35 PM
I would also like to point out that a combination of Cardio and Lifting will help you burn fat many times faster than a mostly Cardio routine. Muscles consume a lot of calories!! I would suggest trying to lift 3 days a week, and some cardio another 2 or 3 days.

chrisco915
09-22-2008, 01:43 PM
I would also like to point out that a combination of Cardio and Lifting will help you burn fat many times faster than a mostly Cardio routine. Muscles consume a lot of calories!! I would suggest trying to lift 3 days a week, and some cardio another 2 or 3 days.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm............yes! What he said too.

borracho
09-24-2008, 07:40 AM
add some steak to chriscos MEAL 1 and its on point...if steak is too much too early in the morning then ham will do..or bacon. mmmm bacon.

Trevorthefatguy
09-24-2008, 09:04 AM
1000 calories is definitely way too low....you will brun every ounce of muscle off of you and be left weak and flabby... gradually lowering your caloric intake will do the trick with exercise and healthy eating. Consider just eating smaller portions and healthy foods and you should see progress. I did that until i plateaued then got down to point on caloric intake and the flab started to fly off. Just remember to stay mentally ready and work hard for results, its hard sometimes but if you continue down that path, you will see results that you like.

Trevor

bigeddy200
09-24-2008, 09:14 PM
i liked this idea can u give me more of these protien foods list or more variety of foods i could snack on through out the day

bigeddy200
09-25-2008, 04:21 PM
Try this:

MEN'S DIET

MEAL #1

MEAL #2

MEAL #3
“Lean Protein Meal” 6oz chicken (or Turkey, or tilapia, flounder, or cod) with 1/3-cup RAW almonds, cashews or walnuts

MEAL #4
Repeat MEAL #3

MEAL #5
“Fatty Protein Meal” 6oz Salmon, Swordfish, or 8oz RED MEAT (filet mignon, or top round cut) with a green salad (no tomatoes, carrots, or red peppers) with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or Macadamia nut oil and vinegar

***ONCE A WEEK, HAVE A CHEAT MEAL (instead of MEAL #6) – try to make it the last meal of the day (start after 2 weeks on the diet)
*** You can drink water, sugar-free drinks (diet soda), coffee, or tea with STEVIA BALANCE (no Equal or Splenda Packets).

IM GOING TO TRY THIS OUT THANX CHRISCO

bigeddy200
09-27-2008, 06:45 PM
Try this:

MEN'S DIET

MEAL #1

MEAL #2

MEAL #3

MEAL #4
Repeat MEAL #3

MEAL #5

DOSE THIS DIET WORK FOR WOMEN TO? AND IF NOT DO U THINK U CAN HELP ME FIND ONE. IM HOLLY BIGEDDY200'S FRIEND

40 Nunc
09-27-2008, 10:05 PM
Wooly, do yourself a favor and learn a little bit about nutrition. There are a million diets out there and a million people to swear they work. The reality is you need to burn more calories than you eat so learn to track your calories. Do a search on this site and learn how to track your maintenance calories then drop about 500 calories from that number each day. Fitday.com is a free website (one of several) that you can use to track your daily intake. I can promise you that 1000 calories per day ain't gonna cut it. You'll be exhausted and starving everyday. At your size I'll bet you can cut weight eating 1500 to 1800 calories per day and not feel hungry. Not to mention that repeatedly eating the menu you (and others) listed above day after day will get boring and you won't stick with it...

A safe bet is to eat 5-7 meals each day. Try to eat a carb and protien at each meal. TRY to keep your protien at 40% of the calories. Try to keep your carbs at 30% of the calories and try to keep the fat (yes fat!) at 30% of the calories. It's not that hard to do once you spend a little time reading labels and its kinda fun after a while too. The 40/30/30 concept can be used to bulk or cut and its easy enough for newcomers to learn and understand. As people (the veterans) get more advanced they carb load or cut carbs out completely but they've had experience with these type of diets and understand how their body works.

As far as your workout goes, I have personally had better results losing weight by lifting heavy and doing HIIT. I think if you do a little research you'll find that your body will burn more fat lifting heavy as opposed to high rep workouts.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Wooly285
09-28-2008, 07:12 PM
Hey thanks everyone for your intake and critiequing of my diet. I really appreciate it. I'll let you all know my progress.

Wooly.

Curtis24
10-01-2008, 05:56 AM
I wouldn't say 1000 calories is too low at all. its low if you're planning to eat that much every day for the rest of your life, but if you're just losing weight, its highly effective. You could lose the weight and then slowly build your calories up to a more sustainable level.

You'll certainly see better results than taking the normal approach of eating 1500-2000 calories a day.

NewGuy2008
10-03-2008, 03:53 AM
Try this:

MEN'S DIET

MEAL #1

MEAL #2

MEAL #3

MEAL #4
Repeat MEAL #3

MEAL #5

why no gum??

TobyzBigDay
10-06-2008, 09:59 AM
add some steak to chriscos MEAL 1 and its on point...if steak is too much too early in the morning then ham will do..or bacon. mmmm bacon.

Yeah, and what d'you guys think of the Oscar Meyer "Ready To Serve" Canadian Bacon?

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 3 slices (53g)
Amount per Serving
Calories 60 Calories from Fat 15

Total Fat 1g 2%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Cholesterol 30mg 10%
Sodium 420mg 18%
Total Carbohydrate 1g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 1g
Protein 10g 20%
Vitamin C 20%
Est. Percent of Calories from:
Fat 15.0% Carbs 6.7%
Protein 66.7%

johnwalker
10-09-2008, 05:18 AM
Try this:

MEN'S DIET

MEAL #1

MEAL #2

MEAL #3

MEAL #4
Repeat MEAL #3

MEAL #5

Hi chris,

Have you tried this?:hello:

jay24k
10-09-2008, 07:45 AM
I disagree on the statement that 1000 calories isn't too low. You might see weight dropping, but you are going to lose muscle and not as much fat. I find when I eat more healthy foods and a higher calorie diet, it works better. The problem is after 3 weeks on that 1K calorie diet, you are going to feel like crap and want to quit. Start eating now around 2000 calories of healthy food and do lifting and exercise and you will see good drops in weight. I was 280 pounds and I'm 6-3. I currently aim for about 2000 calories a day (little more on lifting days). I am now 215. I started lifting around May. While people might have seen bigger gains then me, my focus was weight loss and strength gains would be a bonus. I never lifted weights before and got great advice on here. My benching is up from 170 to 235. I curl alot more and do some nice heavy squats.

My routine is really easy. I do cardio 5 days a week. I do weights 3 days a week and I take one day off for myself. I have cut out processed foods, partially hydronated foods, and enriched bleach flour foods.

moiz615
10-10-2008, 04:01 PM
Awesome man it is awesome arranging the meals you have made it more better plus 1000 Calories is a Good diet for over weight people.

NewGuy2008
10-10-2008, 04:35 PM
1000 cals a day is TERRIBLE for someone who is 6'1 280. you are pretty much starving yourself, which contrary to popular belief will make you stay the same or even gain weight instead of lose it. 1000 cals will pretty much stop your metabolism and store everything you eat as fat because it is in survival mode. All the weight you lose this way will be muscle because your body will goto muscle for energy first. plus you will feel awful all the time and it will be terrible on your body. I have tried doing that before(about 1000 -1100) and it was the worst diet plan i ever made, and I weigh 100 pounds less than you. There is no set amount of cals that is good for everyone. you need to calculate ur own individual maintenance cals and construct a number of cals off of that. There is a formula somewhere. go on google and search for it.