PDA

View Full Version : Chrisco915 Training Journal

chrisco915
09-22-2008, 04:07 PM
I started a new HRT program 3 weeks ago. Due to a number of sports related and Army injuries I am in some need of body rejuvenation. I have Patellular Tendonitis in both knees, minimal ACL substance left in my right knee and a rotator cuff issue(recovered from a severe tear 10 months ago). I was cleared by doctors 6 months ago to resume MY workout. So here goes:

I am currently 240LBs, 6 ft tall and 39 years old.......I used to be in competitive BB in the late 80's, early 90's and took the last 15 or so years off from hardcore training. I remained active and was in the the Army weighing in around 185(air assault weight).

Many years ago, I was fortunate enough to train with Dorian Yates one day and learned quite a few secrets to building MY body by leaps and bounds. I am a huge disciple of HIT trainig and believe it is the one thing responsible for the gains I have made outside of experience and diet. This log is meant to be shared by those with common interests or a curiousity of how these factors/ methods that work for me. I do many drop sets and Rest/Pause sets and my form is controlled and slow that I actually feel the muscle being trained doing the work.............this is old news as of 3 weeks ago.

I have recently changed over to volume training because my training partner is playing football until January. I decided to try some old training techniques in my routine until then. Since tomorrow is day 1 again.........I will wait and start a true log then.

meatymight
09-22-2008, 04:13 PM
It must've been scary training with Dorian. lol. Have you competed with him?

chrisco915
09-22-2008, 04:33 PM
It must've been scary training with Dorian. lol. Have you competed with him?

He is actually the nicest person I have ever met. Guy is an excellent teacher and very humble to boot. Changed my life.

Competed with him......LOL. Oh god no......I was way out of his class. Even when I was at 254 he looked like he was two of me......LOL.