PDA

View Full Version : protein shake necessary?

FiRe
09-23-2008, 12:47 AM
The past few months i've been working out I haven't been drinkings any protein shakes.... mostly out of laziness.... i mean would this really slow my gains? Is it possible that protein shakes are just unnecessary? Do you guys really believe that drinking a shake will help the muscles grow more/faster? Thoughts? Thanks.

ryuage
09-23-2008, 12:54 AM
how would it slow gains? all protein shakes are is liquid food.

Sidior
09-23-2008, 01:02 AM
Yes sir. :thumbup:

You have been a member for 2 years, have you read anything on this entire site?

Mark!
09-23-2008, 04:29 AM
An engine needs fuel, regardless of how you get it, from corn, fossil fuels, whatever, as long as you get your fuel. Your body is no different. Protein via food, or powder, whatever your fancy. Your body has to have fuel to go and grow.

WORLD
09-23-2008, 07:09 AM
Protein shakes aren't necessary, but protein is.

How nice is it to drink 25g of protein in 5 seconds?

JeffreyXL
09-23-2008, 11:17 AM
Protein shakes arent necessary as long as your diet is right. Its a supplement which means it should be used as an extra but never substitute real food. First get your diet right and add some protein to it if needed.

FiRe
09-23-2008, 12:42 PM

what i meant to say is would it really slow my gains if i DIDN'T take a protein shake.

Y2A
09-23-2008, 03:18 PM
As long as you are getting enough calories and protein from food, then shakes are not necessary.

TopCat
09-23-2008, 11:16 PM
As others have said... necessary? No.

But, they certainly make my life much easier when I'm not in the mood for chicken or beef and simply am short on time.

Gotta get your protein in. If you don't do it other ways then not using it would to a degree hamper your progress.