PDA

View Full Version : Progress Pics

scotusch
09-23-2008, 04:47 PM
Hi everyone,

I've lifted for about 2 years now, although I've really only been serious with my routine (and the big three lifts) for about 18 months.

Here are some recent pics of me at about 195-200 (I know it's a large window, but I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks).

When I started lifting I was 175 in clothes and shoes, so I've definitely gained a solid 20 pounds or so of weight. I am trying to decide if I should put on some more weight, or do a 5 pound cut.

Any comments and/or a body fat estimate would be appreciated.

Thanks!

scotusch
09-23-2008, 04:48 PM
And the wheels!

Reko
09-23-2008, 05:15 PM
5 pound cut?
That's called going to the bathroom.

Gain more weight.

scotusch
09-23-2008, 05:17 PM
5 pound cut?
That's called going to the bathroom.

Gain more weight.

Haha--fair enough. I suppose I should weigh a good 210 or more besides I decide to do any cutting.

I also do like eating. Chipotle sounds good about now.

Detard
09-23-2008, 05:18 PM
Is there a fisheye on that camera? It seems really distorted. The proportions are not right. With that said, gain weight.

scotusch
09-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Is there a fisheye on that camera? It seems really distorted. The proportions are not right. With that said, gain weight.

No fish eye on the camera--which picture(s) seem off to you? I did take them with my laptop, and could try with a digital camera instead.

In terms of gaining weight, I'll start with 3 eggs, two sausages, some bacon, two pieces of toast (with peanut butter) and some orange juice in the morning.

Reko
09-23-2008, 05:29 PM
In terms of gaining weight, I'll start with 3 eggs, two sausages, some bacon, two pieces of toast (with peanut butter) and some orange juice in the morning.

No, right now!

CleverName
09-23-2008, 05:36 PM
Really thick arms... legs and back seem to be lagging a bit behind though..

powerboy93
09-23-2008, 07:10 PM
I love the "GAIN WEIGHT" or "EAT MORE" responses.

T FLEX
09-23-2008, 09:02 PM
How tall are you?

TopCat
09-23-2008, 11:06 PM
I'd cut personally. But I guess it is all about goals and preferences. I personally like to stay relatively lean if I can, 10-12% while bulking.

As I'm sure people will question my opinion, this is why (http://bodyrecomposition.com/Fat%20loss/initialbodyfat.html). I just like to keep it in check as dieting from 18+ to <10 sucks. If you don't want to be very lean and just want size, keep gaining. Also...

As well, it seems empirically that once body fat gets to the 15% range or so for men, fat gains tend to accelerate during mass gaining phases. I suspect this is due to the development of systemic insulin resistance which causes calories to go into fat stores more readily. Keeping body fat levels below that may be helpful.

scotusch
09-24-2008, 01:41 AM
How tall are you?

I am 6' tall.

scotusch
09-24-2008, 01:43 AM
I'd cut personally. But I guess it is all about goals and preferences. I personally like to stay relatively lean if I can, 10-12% while bulking.

As I'm sure people will question my opinion, this is why (http://bodyrecomposition.com/Fat%20loss/initialbodyfat.html). I just like to keep it in check as dieting from 18+ to <10 sucks. If you don't want to be very lean and just want size, keep gaining. Also...

Thanks for the link--interesting reading.

What would you estimate I am at in terms of body fat at the moment?