1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 2 inch pieces
1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup olive oil
4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup pecan pieces, toasted
salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS

1. Place green beans in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until

tender but still firm, about 2 to 6 minutes. Allow to cool.
2. In a medium bowl, combine beans, onion, blue cheese, and pecans. Stir in olive oil and

balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Chill for at least an hour before serving.:):):)

rypmurthy
09-24-2008, 07:57 AM
These green beans were FABULOUS! I absolutely loved them and would rather eat these than the pizza we had tonight! A recipe keeper for sure. I did make a few slight changes, boiling the green beans for 5 minutes and then shocking them in cold water since I don't have a steamer. And I left the beans whole, but will probably cut them in half next time! And I did not have red onion so I used white onion and sauteed it (I do not like a heavy onion taste). Also the olive oil and vinegar is way too much in my opinion. I only used 1/4 cup olive oil and the full amount of vinegar (but red wine instead) and there was a huge puddle at the bottom of my bowl. Next time, yes there will be a next time for sure, I will use 1/8 cup oil and 2 tbsp red wine vinegar. Five stars!!:)

rypmurthy
09-24-2008, 07:58 AM
This recipe was awesome. The flavor of the blue cheese and balsamic vinegar was very good. I did make a couple of changes though. Because I'm watching the fat in my diet, I eliminated the oil completely and I only had almonds on hand...just as good. I will be making this again!