PDA

View Full Version : Need To Lose weight at least 200lbs help?

bigeddy200
09-24-2008, 09:09 PM
hi my name is eddy im 33 y.o. and i have what u call a weight problem. Im on own on dieting. Ive been losing weight on my own, last month i started dieting i was at 392lbs. now im at 377lbs. ive been going to the gym and doing 1 hour of cardio and half hour lite weights for tone i guess. i need some advise on how to lose this much weight. do i go on a protien diet and exersise or 3 small meals a day i dont really know im just tired of being this way. any advise would be appreciated thanx.

McLaughlin
09-25-2008, 08:53 AM
Eat healthy. Keep doing the cardio 4-5 days a week.

Be consistent.

Shangers
09-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Why does a site called "Wanna Be Big" attract people who are looking to lose 200 lbs?

bigeddy200
09-25-2008, 10:52 AM
Eat healthy. Keep doing the cardio 4-5 days a week.

Be consistent.

Thanx that is what im planning on doing. just realizing its my life style not a diet

bigeddy200
09-25-2008, 10:55 AM
Why does a site called "Wanna Be Big" attract people who are looking to lose 200 lbs?

im guessin some people here were fat asses like me and need help to get buff or lean and lose a sh** load of weight doing their steps.

McLaughlin
09-25-2008, 11:37 AM
That's true, a lot of guys want to be big, but not in a fat way.

This is a great site to come to for advice, whether it's in bulking or in losing some weight.

I know what you mean though shangers, it's kind of funny to see the site name vs people losing weight, but it's all part of the process.

bigeddy200 - you're totally right about it being a lifestyle, once you get in the habbit of working out and eating right on a regular basis things will turn around for you. You're also right that there's others here looking to lose weight and get in shape, so don't feel like you're alone in that goal.

jAy_Dub
09-25-2008, 12:24 PM

How it this contributing to this guys thread at all? Obviously you must not know how, but a lot of people know how to diet on this site, that goes for gaining weight and losing weight. Asking this question on a forum like this is a great start and people like you telling him to basically go elsewhere need to keep that **** to yourself. Its definitely not needed.

Bigeddy, I think the your best approach is going to be to start slow. Keep up the cardio, but not so much that it wears you down and you feel like crap. 45 min-1 hr keeping your heart rate around 120-130 will help a lot. Obviously stay away from the junk food and just try and clean up your diet. I think for now as long as you keep the food extra clean, (alot of lean meats and veggies) you'll still be able to lose weight and still eat when you're hungry.

Good luck!

Twirl
09-25-2008, 01:07 PM
You should talk to bigwolf er mike he went from 420 to 308 and on his way to 240. Its all about burning more calories than you take in, in a day. Just keep it up man.

ehubbard
09-25-2008, 01:11 PM
How it this contributing to this guys thread at all? Obviously you must not know how, but a lot of people know how to diet on this site, that goes for gaining weight and losing weight. Asking this question on a forum like this is a great start and people like you telling him to basically go elsewhere need to keep that **** to yourself. Its definitely not needed.

jAy Dub,

Well said brother. Well said.

Holto
09-25-2008, 01:50 PM

Last time I checked BODYBUILDERS were the leanest people in the world.

If you're 190 at 8%, you're BIG.

Notorious
09-25-2008, 03:15 PM
Don't "lift light weights for tone." That will get you nowhere. Lift HEAVY ass weights, and make intense weight training a priority over cardio. Find a good premade routine from this site and to it. You will gain muscle, lose fat, and burn a ****load of calories if you are consistent.

bigeddy200
09-25-2008, 03:40 PM
THANX GUYS FOR ALL UR ADVISE IT REALLY MAKES IT FEEL GOOD TO HAVE PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT CAN SHARE SOME INFO ON THESE KIND OF PROBLEMS IVE GONE PROTEIN.
1. 7:00 5 EGG WHITES 1 WHOLE EGG
2. 9:00 50g WHEY POWDER WITH WATER
3. 12:00 CHICKEN,MEAT, OR TUNA WITH A DRY DINNER SALAD
4. 3:00 CHICKEN, MEAT, OR TUNA WITH A SMALL HAND FULL OF NUTS (ALMONDS - CASHEWS ALL NATURAL NO SALT )
5. 7:30 REPEAT NUMBER 3.
6. 10:30 AFTER A HARD WORKOUT 50g WHEY PROTIEN POWDER

IM SURE IL GAT BORED OF THIS BUT IF IT WORKS OUT IL DO THIS MORE OFTEN. IL TRY TO MIX OTHER SAFE FOODS WITH THIS LIFE STYLE TO CURE MY CRAVINGS.

Shangers
09-25-2008, 11:41 PM
There is no way a 330 lb. man can eat that way consistently for more than a week.

McLaughlin
09-26-2008, 04:51 AM
There is no way a 330 lb. man can eat that way consistently for more than a week.

Why not bring some constructive comments instead of this ****?

Shangers
09-26-2008, 09:03 AM
You're right. I apologize. I was just in one of those ******* type moods when I posted that.

BigEddy, in all honesty, very few people are able to stick to a diet that is drasticly different from their previous diet for very long. Dietary changes are very much lifestyle choices rather than something you force yourself to do for a period of time. It's very comparable to being an alcoholic. If you drink 10+ drinks a day every day for 10 years, you won't be able to stop cold turkey. Similarly, if you've been eating whatever you've wanted for your whole life, you won't be able to force yourself to eat like a competitive bodybuilder. It might work for a few days, but sure enough, old habits die hard.

Rather, you would be better off starting a moderate exercise routine and start making little changes in your diet. For example, stop snacking and try eating more protein heavy meals every 3 hours, 6 times a day. You won't be hungry if you eat very frequently and the protein is better for you than something carb heavy. Throw a little exercise in there and I wouldn't be surprised if you lose 20-30 lbs your first month.

bigeddy200
09-26-2008, 09:36 AM
You're right. I apologize. I was just in one of those ******* type moods when I posted that.

BigEddy, in all honesty, very few people are able to stick to a diet that is drasticly different from their previous diet for very long. Dietary changes are very much lifestyle choices rather than something you force yourself to do for a period of time. It's very comparable to being an alcoholic. If you drink 10+ drinks a day every day for 10 years, you won't be able to stop cold turkey. Similarly, if you've been eating whatever you've wanted for your whole life, you won't be able to force yourself to eat like a competitive bodybuilder. It might work for a few days, but sure enough, old habits die hard.

Rather, you would be better off starting a moderate exercise routine and start making little changes in your diet. For example, stop snacking and try eating more protein heavy meals every 3 hours, 6 times a day. You won't be hungry if you eat very frequently and the protein is better for you than something carb heavy. Throw a little exercise in there and I wouldn't be surprised if you lose 20-30 lbs your first month.

well shangers ive done this for a week and of coarse i would like to eat all kinds of carbs, but you know i have alot of support at work from my co-workers that a rooting me on. also i kind of told everybody at work that i was on a diet so they keep me on my toes. also i love the props from the chicks at work.

bigeddy200
09-26-2008, 09:38 AM

377 lbs

beaverfootball
09-26-2008, 10:27 AM
not to be like creepy about this but I'm actually really pround of and happy for people who are willing to do this for themselves. Because its not only benefiting you, but you will be around longer to be with your loved ones.

props man.

40 Nunc
09-26-2008, 10:45 AM
Bigeddy... Just stick with it! You're going to fall off your diet at times and gain back a few pounds but don't let the scale ruin your motivation. At your size, progress will be measured in inches. If you're lifting heavy weights you might gain a few pounds in a week but lose an inch around your belly so DONT let the scale deter you. Find people that keep you motivated! Take some before and after pics and refer to them once a month and you'll see the progress... I promise. Stay away from the scale! Did I mention to stay away from the scale yet?

A friend of mine that I work out with weighs 370 lbs. He weighs himself every damn day and he gets upset every damn day! We find it so hard to keep him motivated because he's looking for instant results and the scale is depressing. If you feel the need to weigh yourself try to limit it to once a week or once a month. Stay motivated! Good luck!

jpw204
09-26-2008, 10:52 AM
My advice would be to get your diet in check, but don't starve yourself. If you eat the right foods, and YES there are delicious foods out there that are good for you. Lift hard, a 1-hour weight training session that is relatively intense is a great calorie-burner. Not only that, your muscles used during this time will be killing the calories when rebuilding. As for Cardio, on your off-lifting days I would try and find something you enjoy doing for an extended period of time. I personally HATE running. But, I found I enjoy biking. While biking may not be the same workout as a run, it still gets the heart-rate going and I can sustain a good pace for an extended period of time.

Foods I try to eat as often as possible...typically everyday with the exception of the tuna

Canned Tuna
Chicken Breast
Egg and Egg Whites (The yolk won't kill ya)
Whole-grain (I personally like plain ol' shredded wheat cereal with Chocolate Whey and Skim)
Natural PB
Vegetables (Frozen are nice and easy and cheap)
Fat-free yogurt
Almonds
Bananas.............the list goes on and on

Hope this helps

WillNoble
09-26-2008, 01:57 PM
lower your calories to below your maintenence level... You will lose weight

its really not that hard, or complicated.

Increase your physical activity and lower your calories.

Outside of that you just need to exhibit some self control.

Ive lost over 60 in the last year and its really not complicated, as much as the under-200 crowd would have you believe

Eric Cartman
09-27-2008, 10:45 AM
Go Eddy!!! You can do it, dude... we believe in you!!!! I am very proud of you for taking this step... keep it up.. tell us your progress...

EC

bigeddy200
09-27-2008, 02:14 PM
Go Eddy!!! You can do it, dude... we believe in you!!!! I am very proud of you for taking this step... keep it up.. tell us your progress...

EC

Thanx man for your support im doing the dam thang

powerboy93
09-27-2008, 02:47 PM
ight bro heres wut id do:

1. everyday cardio
2. Lift weights to gain muscle(More muscle= higher resting calorie buring so U will burn cals while sleeping...watching tv ect. Also the better you wil look when that weight comes off :D)
3. Dont eat junk! try 6 small protien rich meals everyday. and make sure u keep ur cals undercontrol.

4. This might be worng but maybe try a fat buring supp from ALN?

Mark!
09-27-2008, 04:31 PM
Bigeddy, I started on this site when I was 424 pounds back in Feburary of 2007. From the advice, love and respect of the people on this forums, I've lost over 120 pounds so far, and still going for more. Don't let people get you down and one of the hardest struggles I've come across is weighing every day. I found that if you have a set weigh in once a week, it'll keep some morale up. It's tough, hard as hell at times, but it's completely doable brother. Lift big, work hard, but go steady at first. I started just riding a bike at the gym for an hour 5 days a week and lifting light weights. Now I'm lifting more heavy weights, losing the pounds slowly but waist is down from 58 to a 38-40, and feeling a lot better! Keep the diet in check, and surround yourself around people like those you'll find here on this forum. They are very knowledgable people and a very welcoming crowd.

JRider23
09-27-2008, 09:54 PM
yo man don't even listen to all the haters out there... a lot of people are douche's.. just keep doing the cardio, and lift heavy.. once you lose fat, the muscle will show and you'll look leaner. best of luck with this journey man, i hope you reach your goal.

also be patient and track down what you eat. this will be a good indicator of what helps, what doesn't help.. and weigh yourself every few days or so to see how your progress is

bigeddy200
09-28-2008, 10:16 AM
yo man don't even listen to all the haters out there... a lot of people are douche's.. just keep doing the cardio, and lift heavy.. once you lose fat, the muscle will show and you'll look leaner. best of luck with this journey man, i hope you reach your goal.

also be patient and track down what you eat. this will be a good indicator of what helps, what doesn't help.. and weigh yourself every few days or so to see how your progress is

Thanks bro im working on it and im doing great. i even to this day feel like ive lost some more weight but i will weigh my self on friday il post the results then. i went to the store got all my planned meals chicken fillets, lean meats and salads, along with my whey protein. im doing my 6 protein meals a day sounds crazy but i works. im a little hungry for carbs but im strong minded to overcome this. thanx for comment dude really helps.

JRider23
09-28-2008, 06:07 PM
Thanks bro im working on it and im doing great. i even to this day feel like ive lost some more weight but i will weigh my self on friday il post the results then. i went to the store got all my planned meals chicken fillets, lean meats and salads, along with my whey protein. im doing my 6 protein meals a day sounds crazy but i works. im a little hungry for carbs but im strong minded to overcome this. thanx for comment dude really helps.

np man. keeping track of your diet and how much weight you've lost will be the most important thing for you.. just knowing what has been working and what hasn't. keeping track will also help you stay strongminded because you'll actually see results and know you're doing a good job. again, best of luck man, you can also start a thread in member online journals to keep track of everything you've been doing to help stay more organized

Curtis24
10-01-2008, 05:59 AM
When losing weight, don't think about 'protein' or the frequency of meals. These are mostly useless tips.

There's only two things you need to think about: calorie intake per day, and calorie expenditure per day. Period. That's all you need to think about. That being said, I would start at say eating 1500 calories per day, and expending 300 calories per day. You can achieve these numbers any way you want, but the important thing is to keep them rock-solid consistent each and every day. That means you actually have to read the labels on the foods you buy and measure out serving sizes. Its a pain in the ass, but its the only effective way to lose weight.

A good way to insure you burn 300 calories per day is to walk three miles each day.

Do the 1500 calories per day, 3 miles per day system for 6 months.

Curtis24
10-01-2008, 06:07 AM
Here's another good idea: Write down a list of every single thing you eat and drink for two weeks. Post the different kinds of foods you ate and things you drank, including the brands of each thing. So for instance if you ate a can of Kraft macaroni and cheese, make sure to include it was Kraft. Post all those things here and I could help you work out a day-by-day diet that would include the foods you already like to eat.

McLaughlin
10-01-2008, 07:12 AM
Hey how's the training going? Did you start a journal yet?

bigeddy200
10-01-2008, 11:38 AM
Hey how's the training going? Did you start a journal yet?

NO NOT YET MAN. BUT I FEEL GOOD I KNOW IVE LOST SOME MORE WEIGHT I WILL WEIGH MY SELF ON FRIDAY. I HAVEN'T MADE A JOURNAL YET BECAUSE ITS MOSTLY ALL ABOUT LIFTING WEIGHTS, AND STUFF, I WAS A LITTLE HESITANT ABOUT PUTTING WEIGHT LOSS RESULTS ON THE FORUM. AS FAR AS FOR ME I'M KEEPING MY ROUTINE GOING I CANT STOP IT GIVES ME MORE CONFIDENCE.

bigeddy200
10-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Here's another good idea: Write down a list of every single thing you eat and drink for two weeks. Post the different kinds of foods you ate and things you drank, including the brands of each thing. So for instance if you ate a can of Kraft macaroni and cheese, make sure to include it was Kraft. Post all those things here and I could help you work out a day-by-day diet that would include the foods you already like to eat.

WELL CURTIS IM ON A STRICT DIET OF MY OWN WITH THE HELP OF GYM TRAINER I WORK WITH.
I EAT PROTEIN HIGH LOW CARB MEALS TODAY MY FOOD IS
5:30 AM - 4 WHOLE EGGS FRIED IN PAM OIL
9:00 AM - 50G WHEY PROTEIN POWDER WITH A T-SPOON NATURAL PB
12:00 PM - 2 BOILED CHICKEN DRUM STICKS WITH A SALAD NO TOMATO'S, CARROTS, OR RED PEPPERS, JUST LETTUCE,CELERY,ONIONS,CILANTRO, WITH A T-SPOON BALSAMIC VINEGAR
3:00 PM - 2 BOILED CHICKEN DRUM STICKS WITH A HAND FULL OF RAW NUTS
7:30 PM - REAPEAT 12:00 MEAL BUT A 6oz CHICKEN FILLET
10:00 PM 50G WHEY PROTIEN POWDER AFTER MY WORKOUT.
WORKOUT IS 1 HOUR CARDIO AND 1 HOUR WEIGHTS IM BEAT BUT ITS WORTH IT.

jak3f
10-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Eddy keep it up, but please stop posting in all caps in hurts to read. Any new updates?

JeremiahGuy
10-02-2008, 08:26 PM
When losing weight, don't think about 'protein' or the frequency of meals. These are mostly useless tips.

There's only two things you need to think about: calorie intake per day, and calorie expenditure per day. Period. That's all you need to think about. That being said, I would start at say eating 1500 calories per day, and expending 300 calories per day. You can achieve these numbers any way you want, but the important thing is to keep them rock-solid consistent each and every day. That means you actually have to read the labels on the foods you buy and measure out serving sizes. Its a pain in the ass, but its the only effective way to lose weight.

A good way to insure you burn 300 calories per day is to walk three miles each day.

Do the 1500 calories per day, 3 miles per day system for 6 months.

1500 calories a day isn't healthy for someone who weighs 150 pounds, let alone 370. That would be starvation for him, and not only would he lose muscle, but he would lose weight slower than if he were to eat a 2500-3000 calorie diet. The key is to eat clean foods like he's doing. The 5-6 meals a day is ideal, it will keep your cravings down, and boost your metabolism. I'd say what you're doing right now is pretty spot on. Never skip meals, and ALWAYS eat breakfast. That's what will get your metabolism going in the morning so you can burn the most calories possible in a day. And don't overtrain yourself. You should only be lifting weights 3-4 days a week, so your muscles get a chance to rest and recuperate.

bigeddy200
10-02-2008, 09:51 PM
1500 calories a day isn't healthy for someone who weighs 150 pounds, let alone 370. That would be starvation for him, and not only would he lose muscle, but he would lose weight slower than if he were to eat a 2500-3000 calorie diet. The key is to eat clean foods like he's doing. The 5-6 meals a day is ideal, it will keep your cravings down, and boost your metabolism. I'd say what you're doing right now is pretty spot on. Never skip meals, and ALWAYS eat breakfast. That's what will get your metabolism going in the morning so you can burn the most calories possible in a day. And don't overtrain yourself. You should only be lifting weights 3-4 days a week, so your muscles get a chance to rest and recuperate.

Preach it brother ur right thanx. im doin it

NewGuy2008
10-03-2008, 03:30 AM
i agree. 1500 calories is not good. find out what ur maintenance calorie amount is and set ur daily amount off that. u would be suprised how much weight u'll lose if u just clean up ur diet and eat right and do cardio. start eating 5 to 6 small meals a day and STOP any snacking that u do throughout the day(thats my prob). as far as the diet just cut out all the junk ie soda, fast food, etc and all those other things with empty calories. if u have problems keepin with ur diet, ive learned it makes it a whole lot easier just to get rid of all the excess food in the house to get rid of temptation.

bigeddy200
10-03-2008, 08:15 AM
i agree. 1500 calories is not good. find out what ur maintenance calorie amount is and set ur daily amount off that. u would be suprised how much weight u'll lose if u just clean up ur diet and eat right and do cardio. start eating 5 to 6 small meals a day and STOP any snacking that u do throughout the day(thats my prob). as far as the diet just cut out all the junk ie soda, fast food, etc and all those other things with empty calories. if u have problems keepin with ur diet, ive learned it makes it a whole lot easier just to get rid of all the excess food in the house to get rid of temptation.

Thanx for the input dude, but ive been doing my 1500 calorie diet eat 6 times a day and guess what i weighed my self today 10-3-08 and the results are good 367 pounds. I started my way to be the biggest loser in 8-22-08 weighing in at 392 so you do the math.

bigeddy200
10-03-2008, 08:19 AM
Aaallllrrrriiiggghhhtt 367 Pounds You Guys Today 10-3-08 STARTED 8-22-08 392 LBS.

Death
10-03-2008, 08:26 AM
Keep it up!

bigeddy200
10-03-2008, 12:39 PM
Just wondering if you guys would recommend me a high fiber cereal that will not affect my protein diet to replace my current 4 eggs for breakfast. I just wanna keep my system moving.

CaptainMorgan
10-03-2008, 01:34 PM
The fattest I ever let myself get was probably about 320lbs back in 2005. I wasn't really morbidly obese, I actually carried it pretty well and probably looked 250, but I was completely out of shape and felt like ****. But now I'm about 240 pounds, and still cutting/dieting. All I can say is keep at it, and stay the hell away from white flour, high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, and sugar.

bigeddy200
10-03-2008, 04:22 PM
The fattest I ever let myself get was probably about 320lbs back in 2005. I wasn't really morbidly obese, I actually carried it pretty well and probably looked 250, but I was completely out of shape and felt like ****. But now I'm about 240 pounds, and still cutting/dieting. All I can say is keep at it, and stay the hell away from white flour, high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, and sugar.

i HEAR YOU MAN IM 5' 10" AND PEOPLE DIDNT BELIEVE I WEIGHTED CLOSE TO 400 LBS. I CARRIE IT WELL MY SELF. THANX FOR THAT INFO IL KEEP IN MIND.

bigeddy200
10-06-2008, 11:43 AM
hey people i just bought some kashi cereal go lean brand just curious as of will this cereal ruin my protein diet. i did it to replace the 4 eggs for breakfast ? cereal is high in fiber which is what i was lookin for, and baut 13g protein per serving. so help a buddy out let me know the 411 on this. PS i use skim milk only.