PDA

View Full Version : Best Deadlift Suit?

SGT ROCK
09-24-2008, 11:52 PM
Please share what suits you have worn, which style (conv or sumo) and which one you feel is best please.

Semper Fi

jtteg_x
09-25-2008, 01:48 AM
Titan Sumo Deadlifter
Metal King Pro Sumo deadlifter (2-ply)

Titan was my learners suit and real easy to use. had good pop off the bottom. suit did became a bit loose after 5 months of use. good choice to get an idea what a deadlift suit should feel like. very beginner friendly. material is lightweight and not heavy duty which makes it easy to sit into at the bottom (imagine a soft spring vs firm).
The metal was a more advanced suit. Or because I got mine super tight. Adjustable straps is a must since then. Tremendous pop off the bottom. very very stiff all around. grabbing the bar to pull your hips down may be necessary (again, i did get my size smaller then called for).

Lones Green
09-25-2008, 03:21 AM
i vote for the metal king sumo DLer as well.

i've heard good things about the fusion for conventional.

smokinHawk
09-25-2008, 06:14 AM
Please share what suits you have worn, which style (conv or sumo) and which one you feel is best please.

Semper Fi

um arent you a good deadlifter, why dont you tell us what suits you use and like? and styles of deadlifts you have tried that work with what suits?

chris mason
09-25-2008, 06:18 AM
um arent you a good deadlifter, why dont you tell us what suits you use and like? and styles of deadlifts you have tried that work with what suits?

Perhaps you could answer his question and then request that he provide his opinion as well?

Tom Mutaffis
09-25-2008, 07:03 AM
I have a metal king pro deadlifter and am pleased with it, for conventional style. Has probably given me about 50 lbs on my pull over what I could do raw - simply because of the speed and "pop" off of the floor. If you are weaker in the upper range of the lift you may want to order it slightly larger because I know if I strap up tightly (they are adjustable) I feel like I am going to pass out trying to get down to the bar and it is pretty uncomfortable.

Prior to this I only had an Inzer Champion single ply and I think the only benefit from that was the workout that it took to get it on, although it did keep me in the right groove for sumo pulling.

I have heard good things about the fusion and some of my friends swear by Inzer max DL. I still think that I have seen bigger jumps achieved with the King Pro though - there is a LW strongman who recently pulled 735 lbs at 6'1 210-215 lbs bodyweight with that suit.

Pete22
09-25-2008, 08:02 AM
How do you feel about pulling in a squat suit? I'm seriously thinking about pulling sumo in my Ace Squatter in my next comp.

smokinHawk
09-25-2008, 08:40 AM
Perhaps you could answer his question and then request that he provide his opinion as well?

i have tried a champion and dual quad, they limit me on what i can do raw, I'm looking for one that would help me dead conventional, I know pretty much nothing about deadlift suits which is why i was asking him.

Lones Green
09-25-2008, 04:14 PM
How do you feel about pulling in a squat suit? I'm seriously thinking about pulling sumo in my Ace Squatter in my next comp.

that should work just fine, i would of course try it in the gym first. i pulled in my pro squatter quite a bit, and it dosen't even have velcro straps (yet), and i liked it. the king sumo beats it though.

SGT ROCK
09-25-2008, 04:17 PM
I have tried more deadlift suits than many, and I am preparing to do an extensive article on it which is why I am gathering information via this thread. I have had the luxury of testing and have had my input in creating various dl suits. The only brand I have little experience with personally is Metal. I will have the article done in the near future. Everyones input is valuable to me.

Semper Fi

Lones Green
09-25-2008, 04:20 PM
I have tried more deadlift suits than many, and I am preparing to do an extensive article on it which is why I am gathering information via this thread. I have had the luxury of testing and have had my input in creating various dl suits. The only brand I have little experience with personally is Metal. I will have the article done in the near future. Everyones input is valuable to me.

Semper Fi

make sure you post the article!

i don't know of too many articles on that topic, should be a good read.

PriestCometh
09-25-2008, 04:30 PM
Titan conventional. My wife uses the Metal King Pro.

douglasoh5
09-25-2008, 05:41 PM
I get bout 100lbs out of a reg metal pro. I pull conv. Iv used a centeriun for conv pulls before and it gave good pop...not as much though..I got a few friends that use the king pro...conv and like it..I tried a champion and a z suit way back in the day and they were a waste.

SGT ROCK
09-25-2008, 08:46 PM
Thanks so much for posting your experiences here bros! Please keep the responses coming, this is turning into a VERY informative thread!

Semper Fi

Bergs
09-25-2008, 09:41 PM
I pull raw and have since I began powerlifting. I got a Metal Viking IPF squatter about a year ago, and tried using it to deadlift a couple times. I usually only pull it on meet day on my third attempt. It's really hard to get down to the bar though, and it probably does more harm than good :0

SGT ROCK
10-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Im still testing each week bros. It is a very long and hard process to help create a new dl suit, something I do have some experience with. Once it gets completed expect an entire article devoted to DL gear, how and when to use it, and most importantly, which suit works best for each style and that is also legal in the federation in which you want to compete. My training partners can vouch for the effectiveness of these suits, you cant reinvent the wheel but you certainly can help better what is already in place.

Semper Fi

minotaur70
10-02-2008, 10:56 PM
I deadlift conventional and have deadlifted in a inzer hardcore, titan centurian, metal deadlifter and metal viking deadlifter.

I found the inzer ok, but didn't get a lot from it- the titan had great pop off the floor, but I found it hard to get into position and I seemed to get jammed up in lockout with a rounded back (I think because my starting position was off). The metal suits are fantastic- both were great, but the viking was/is awesome. Seems to give support right through the lift.

texron
10-03-2008, 07:53 AM
I get bout 100lbs out of a reg metal pro. I pull conv. Iv used a centeriun for conv pulls before and it gave good pop...not as much though..I got a few friends that use the king pro...conv and like it..I tried a champion and a z suit way back in the day and they were a waste.

100lbs??? damn, what am I doing wrong? I'm lucky to get 30lbs.

AdamBAG
10-04-2008, 09:50 AM
I'm wearing a Metal King Pro Deadlifter right now. Conventional. I like it. The adjustable straps are nice.

Previously I pulled in an Inzer Harcore squat suit and the two don't really compare.

BradDunn
10-04-2008, 12:43 PM
I use a Metal IPF Deadlifter and it's great. I'm getting 60lbs + out of it. I think Metal has an awesome overall line of product.

jthomas
10-04-2008, 07:11 PM
metal DLer for Conv, Inzer canvas for sumo

airjordan1984
10-19-2008, 09:25 PM
I use my squat suit to deadlift in. It is better than any deadlift suit I have tried; inzer hardcore and Titan sumo deadlift. The suit I have is a Frantz double canvas squat suit. You can get it at frantzpowergear.com

Ryan Celli
10-20-2008, 06:50 AM
I deadlift sumo. I don't get much out af any dl suit I've tried.
I really like an old pair of double ply crain briefs that has the legs.
I've pulled in my Inzer hardcore squat suit and did well.

Right now I like my custom single ply Titan dual quad deadlift suit. It feels different than any other DL suit i've ever worn. When I reach down for the bar I feel the tension in the butt much more than the hips.

as far as actual DL suits, i've only wore Titan original deadlift suit and the custom one. All others were squat suits.

PRHunter
11-13-2008, 11:42 AM
It may be too late to reply, but the best carry over I ever got was from a new Inzer Max DL. When I first started pulling sumo, I got about 80 pounds out of it. As my raw strength increased, by carryover decreased and I decided to switch to Metal King Sumo. It is stiffer material, but I only get about 20 pounds out of it. I have tried tweaking it with mods. I am relatively strong off the floor and tend to struggle with grip and balance issues at the top, so there probably is not a suit that will give me a lot of carryover until I improve my top end. I am sticking with Metal for now, but next year I may go back to Inzer. One think I like about the Inzer Max DL is that it is tapered in the mid section, so you get extra support in the abs and lower back and there is less "dead space" that prevents extreme tightening of belt. The Metal is loose in the mid section, although I did have it modified recently.

BTW, my best deadlifts are 622 raw and 644 equipped at 5-11, 198 pounds.

Guido
11-13-2008, 12:45 PM
I pull conventional and am currently using a Metal Viking IPF Squatter. I get quite a bit out of it, actually (like 50lbs). I used to use a Titan Centurion for DLing and got a good amount of pop off the floor but it loosened up quite a bit over time to where I had to get the straps shortened. The great thing about the Metal is it's very easy to get on and off and still works great.

evilxxx
11-14-2008, 08:18 AM
I deadlift conventional and have deadlifted in a inzer hardcore, titan centurian, metal deadlifter and metal viking deadlifter.

I found the inzer ok, but didn't get a lot from it- the titan had great pop off the floor, but I found it hard to get into position and I seemed to get jammed up in lockout with a rounded back (I think because my starting position was off). The metal suits are fantastic- both were great, but the viking was/is awesome. Seems to give support right through the lift.

I am right there with you...the most i got from my Inzer over raw was around20lbs. The most i got from my Titan was around 50lbs and that was after a fighting with it a few times to go down and grab the bar (i had to do it with no belt) one day i will try it with the belt and see how much i get.

abbcccxyyzzz
03-07-2010, 03:26 AM
Im still testing each week bros. It is a very long and hard process to help create a new dl suit, something I do have some experience with. Once it gets completed expect an entire article devoted to DL gear, how and when to use it, and most importantly, which suit works best for each style and that is also legal in the federation in which you want to compete. My training partners can vouch for the effectiveness of these suits, you cant reinvent the wheel but you certainly can help better what is already in place.

Semper Fi

Where can i find this article?!?!?

Please direct me or give me a link.

Thanks a whole bunch.

jonrock
03-07-2010, 10:23 PM
i pull in the metal ace squater and wear an old marathon squat suit as briefs underneath. this has worked better for me than the king dead lift suit.

i have also tried to pull in the titan boss suit. no good for myself, just cant get in the right starting position

the other wk, i forgot my ace suit for deadlift day and just had the marathon suit, i used it and hit a pr of 585x8. the suit is from about 1993 and still has life beyond comprehension. it very well may be the best suit to pull in ever if you can find one especially if you lift single ply.

robchris
03-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Titan Velocity baby!!! I get at least 40-50 lbs. out of it (conv.)... Very good pop off the floor!

Mine is very tight/ stiff though, so sometimes I lose my air if I dont get to the bar fast enough.

On a side note, from the looks of this theard, sounds like the "Metal" suits kick a**... Gotta give them a try!
BTW, Sgt Rock... "Hoo Rahh" jar head!

82nd Airborne, all the way sir!
RC

mastermonster
03-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Hey Brent! I've used the Inzer Max DL, The original Titan conventional DL suit, and a Titan centurion squat suit. This past year I've used the Titan Velocity (got one with reg. straps and one with Aplix adjustable). It is my favorite suit yet! The weight flys up very fast and gives me a fighting chance to get to lockout before my left hand rolls out (the bad one). Unless you have to travel a long way down to the bar I'd get it a size or 2 small. It's got some spring to in like people tell me the old Marothons had. I wear 50 Centurion and a 52 Boss. I wear a 46 Velocity and can get to the bar in good form. Good luck in your future meets!

Buddy McKee

Kinsell
03-12-2010, 06:50 AM
I looked on Ken Anderson's website and the Velocity isn't listed. Where can you get one? Titan's website also doesn't list it.

muscle_g
03-12-2010, 11:22 AM
I pull in a Inzer Max DL, and I have to say it is the best I have used yet. I get around 50-60lbs out of it with a sumo stance, using it along with briefs. I have also used a Z-Suit, Champion suit and a Fusion. I could never get the right fit on the Fusion and the Z-Suit and Champion suit were OK but the straps really dug into my shoulders.

Mick Manley
03-12-2010, 12:00 PM
ive only used inzer max deadlift and the inzer fusion, i can only use the max deadlift with no briefs.

Sean Hatley
03-12-2010, 05:32 PM
I pull conventional and have pulled in a Z-Suit, Inzer Max DL, BOSS(tried it only once), Metal Pro Deadlifter, and Metal King Pro Deadlifter. The Metal King Pro is by far the best suit i have used. I get about 80-100lbs out of it.

robchris
03-12-2010, 06:00 PM
I looked on Ken Anderson's website and the Velocity isn't listed. Where can you get one? Titan's website also doesn't list it.

Just give him (Ken)a call and order via phone... His website dosent always list everything he has available.

Its better that way believe me... Just give him your measurements and he'll do the rest. Very cool guy!

RC