PDA

View Full Version : Protein Flapjack Recipe

quite
09-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Ok guys well i havnt been active on the forum for a long time, but thought i would try making up some high protein flapjacks, as i havnt found a recipe for a proper flapjack as of yet!!! It is quite high in sugar, but if you want to eat a flapjack and get the protein they are perfect.

Ingredients:
-3/4 cup Oats
-1/2 cup rice krispies
- 1-2 scoops vanilla protein
- golden syrup
- sugar
- butter

I melted equal amounts of golden syrup, butter, and sugar in a pan until sugar and fat dissolved. You need enough to cover all the dry ingredients.

Then mix in a seperate bowl the oats, rice krispies, and protein powder.

Once wet ingredients are melted, mix in the dry ingredients until it is all coated, and put in the oven until slightly browned on top, at 180 centigrade.

Remove and let cool.

I dont know the macros, but just tried them and they came out perfect. Not great for you but a high protein snack to satisfy sugar cravings!!!

What do you think?

manowar669
09-26-2008, 08:04 AM
Built's protein waffle batter makes great pancakes, healthy too. I use this all the time. Can't be beat. Where she specifies dry curd cottage cheese, I just use regular nonfat cottage cheese. Works great. And you can't taste the cottage cheese, so don't worry if you don't like the taste of cottage cheese. I get about 8 pancakes from this recipe.

Built's recipe (http://builtblog.wikidbody.com/2007/04/30/protein-waffles)

Gable
09-27-2008, 11:02 AM
I made these this morning:

Protein pancakes -

I modified a recipe I found online.. here's what I used -

1.25 cup egg whites
1 cup raw oatmeal
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 cup EAS 100% whey chocolate flavor
1/3 cup Splenda

Mix, dump onto non stick skillet and cook em up. Slightly fluffy, a bit more dense, but tasty..

Approximate macros - (according to Fitday.com)

Total -
Calories - 611
Fat - 8.7g
Carb - 35.8g
Protein - 97.2

Makes about 6 pancakes, each with the following approximate macros -

Cals - 102
Fat - 1.5g
Carb - 6g
Protein - 16g

Pretty tasty little snacks. You could add nutmeg, cinnamon, or use different flavored whey powder too. I bagged em and tossed em in the freezer for quick breakfasts, etc.

guile
11-04-2008, 09:31 AM
I love flapjacks, i'm going to try and make some myself, although i'm concerned about the fat content of them, i want them to be low in fat but still tasty! i think i'll end up adding some fruit to them too.

matt01
11-22-2008, 03:07 PM
i will def try this one