PDA

View Full Version : Just started my cut

foth
09-25-2008, 05:08 PM
Any tips/notes I should keep track of. Im lowering my calorie intake by about 1000-1300, my usual intake was 3500 im trying to keep it at 2000, should my protein intake be the same as my body weight?

pottsy07
09-25-2008, 05:31 PM
m8 dropping 1000-1300kcal is not a good idea at all this will send your body into shock because it thinks it is being starved and it will make you store fat and when you eat maybe even put on more, the rule of thumb is to take off 300kcal until you stop losing weight then you will subtract more kcal or increase your cardio. also getting your body fat will make it alot easier to workout how many kcal you should be eating. You need to workout your lean body mass and eat 1/1.5g of protein per ib of body weight per day, then the remainder of the kcal should be eaten in carbs and fats. Keep carbs complex and low gi also keep fats healthy non saturated fats!!

hope this helps,

timmy

radioheadhead
09-25-2008, 05:47 PM
way too much initial drop, figure out your maintenance and drop by 3-400 a day like he said. lift heavy, low rep ranges, sleep, repeat.

Tom Mutaffis
09-26-2008, 02:07 PM
I would look more at the quality of food than the calories if you are focused on body composition.

Try to find a good ratio of healthy fats, quality low glycemic index carbohydrates, and good protein sources. I would eat a lot of lean red meat, grilled chicken, tuna, sweet potatoes, fruits, vegetables, natural peanut butter, olive oil, wheat or whole grain in place of starch, protein shakes, etc.