PDA

View Full Version : Anabolic Diet Anyone?

yankeekd25
09-26-2008, 06:30 PM
It seems like it's similar to the Atkins diet... high fat/ low carbs/ high protein. I know the body needs carbs to function so I'm curious if this is any good? I need to try something different with my eating habits. Got the usual stubborn belly/ chest fat. I wanna cut, but at the same time I still wanna add some muscle... I know that's not an easy thing to do. Any comments?

Kastro
09-26-2008, 06:54 PM
All the carb cycling and what not associated with the diet is pretty much just an unnecessary concern, and founded upon very little/ambiguous science. If you want to lose fat, cut carbs, otherwise eat a lot of everything.

essentialherb08
09-26-2008, 07:29 PM
That sounds like what I'm on. Low to no carb tho and my gains muskle and strength wise havn't been hindered (contrary to popular belief) and I'm setting PR's just about every WO but then again i'm eating over maintenance calories. + I'm staying lean.

Ur body can more than compensate for the lack of carbs providing that your protein intake is up according to the sources I've read.
Its a great diet to put muscle on and lean up IMO do it up!

yankeekd25
09-26-2008, 07:40 PM
That sounds like what I'm on. Low to no carb tho and my gains muskle and strength wise havn't been hindered (contrary to popular belief) and I'm setting PR's just about every WO but then again i'm eating over maintenance calories. + I'm staying lean.

Ur body can more than compensate for the lack of carbs providing that your protein intake is up according to the sources I've read.
Its a great diet to put muscle on and lean up IMO do it up!

Sounds like a lot of people have had great success on it. I just need a little help setting up the cals/ macros.