Ben Moore
09-29-2008, 09:39 PM
Me 625 3" Deficit DL:
07JGBTBRFQE&hl

Reko 575 Giant Cambered Bar Box Squat:
CxM9iZxgFmo&hl

Travis Bell
09-29-2008, 09:56 PM
Nice work man! That pull looked like it had another 10-20lbs in it!

Travis Bell
09-29-2008, 09:58 PM
Man with a cambered bar that wide, that must be hard to keep your balance with

Lones Green
09-30-2008, 03:17 AM
that was a long ass pull Ben

Reko
09-30-2008, 05:44 AM
Man with a cambered bar that wide, that must be hard to keep your balance with

Well, to say I kept the knees out and the weight off my toes would be a complete lie lol. Makes a normal bar seem much easier though.

Detard
09-30-2008, 06:26 AM
Damn the ROM on that deadlift was insane!

Great lifting guys.

Ben Moore
09-30-2008, 07:26 AM
Thanks guys - it was a good morning.

Hazerboy
09-30-2008, 07:16 PM
Thanks guys - it was a good morning.

No, I believe it was a deadlift. XD

Ben, what sort of excercises do you guys cycle for your ME lower body days? From your journal/vids it looks like you do a lot of suit work or direct deadlifting/squatting.

Big_Byrd52
10-01-2008, 06:03 AM
gym looks like a dungeon! i love it! arent there pics somewhere? post me a link.

where u guys at ben? one more week till my big LSAT then ill be hittin u up for some strongman advices.

Big_Byrd52
10-01-2008, 06:06 AM
oh kansas city... i thought u were closer for some reason.

ACaslow
10-01-2008, 06:50 AM
nicely done guys, very strong...

=Travis=
10-01-2008, 08:14 AM
gym looks like a dungeon! i love it! arent there pics somewhere? post me a link.

where u guys at ben? one more week till my big LSAT then ill be hittin u up for some strongman advices.

LSAT? as in Law School Admission Test?

Travis Bell
10-01-2008, 09:14 AM
Yep. Sam is gettin all smart on us LOL

=Travis=
10-01-2008, 09:34 AM
HAHA - sometimes I think the dumbest thing I did was take that test and go to law school.

=Travis=
10-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Good luck Sam.

Chris Rodgers
10-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Nice lifting fellas.

Reko- that squat was grimey! That would have sent me face first into the wall, lol. What are you putting up with a straight bar now? 750+?

Reko
10-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Lol, I wish! I hit 615 in a free squat a couple weeks ago in briefs/wraps/belt. The big thing for me right now is working with a low bar placement. I've been a high bar squatter (even in wide stance PL squats) so once I can get comfortable with the heavier weights on a low bar and then get in the suit it'll be time to rock and roll!

Chubrock
10-01-2008, 07:59 PM
Damn that was some nice work.

Big_Byrd52
10-01-2008, 08:07 PM
HAHA - sometimes I think the dumbest thing I did was take that test and go to law school.

HIGH-JACKED THREAD: Hey Trav, yep its one in the same. What area of law do u practice? It took me a long time to figure out what i DONT want to do. My dad is an attorney and i fought it as long and hard as i could... but it just comes naturally i guess. Ive worked at his office for about 5 years now, i do all the leg work and he gets the fat paycheck... i want mine! haha

=Travis=
10-02-2008, 08:40 AM
HIGH-JACKED THREAD: Hey Trav, yep its one in the same. What area of law do u practice? It took me a long time to figure out what i DONT want to do. My dad is an attorney and i fought it as long and hard as i could... but it just comes naturally i guess. Ive worked at his office for about 5 years now, i do all the leg work and he gets the fat paycheck... i want mine! haha

Be careful on what area you want to practice and what you donít. The first job you take may determine it without you being a willing participant. If the firm gives you a particular case (and you can't just say "no") and then you do a decent job, they'll send you similar ones to work on until you're the guy who does that type of work. Next thing you know, youíve done contract law for 5 years and want to find a different job but all your experience is in a subject which you hate.
I do civil litigation primarily but have drifted a little into federal criminal defense. The criminal stuff sucks and I can't stand the clients. (Case in point to my above statement) I am a better writer than the other attorneys in the firm, so I end up doing the complex motions and appeals. I'm best at legal arguments and more scholarly stuff whereas a lot of my co-workers aren't as good but they are better in the courtroom in front of juries (for trials). I am better arguing legal theories in front of judges and appellate panels. Since a lot of the federal criminal stuff we do is complex and requires a lot of motion practice, bam - being the good legal argument guy, I end up doing the pre-trial motion practice and appeals in some of the criminal cases.
PM me if you got anymore questions or whatever. Another one of us KC guys is an attorney as well, Brad08.

Big_Byrd52
10-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Im probably just gonna come back and run for sessions judge. There are 3 seats opening up in the next election in 2014. I would like to be a circuit judge but i dont think there will be any seats open there. if that doesnt pan out... ill just have to find a couple sports superstars and ride their coat-tails keepin em out of trouble ;)

Travis Bell
10-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Sam I must admit, its funny to think of you as a judge or even a lawyer. Not an insult at all, its just I've never seen you outside of powerlifting LOL but I'm sure you'll be pretty good at whatever you end up doing

Big_Byrd52
10-04-2008, 11:14 AM
yea, ill just arm wrestle to settle my cases ;)