PDA

View Full Version : paused bench question

xolix
09-30-2008, 02:34 PM
hello , how often should i train with competitionpause as a raw lifter ? i like it very much , because i have a better controll on the lift than with touch n go ...but , yes my repetitioneffort is lesser....

i train westside with 2 board, floorpresses and benchpress ...

any thoughts ?

Ben Moore
09-30-2008, 02:37 PM
Personally I start training the pause 4-6 weeks out from the meet. How long have you been lifting/what kind of meet experience do you have?

xolix
09-30-2008, 02:42 PM
Personally I start training the pause 4-6 weeks out from the meet. How long have you been lifting/what kind of meet experience do you have?

i lift westside style since 4 years , my first raw push and pull comp. was some months ago. my next raw-pl.comp. is in 4 weeks

Tom Mutaffis
09-30-2008, 04:50 PM
Personally I like to train all of my ME work with the same standards that are used in competition.

For instance if I am going for an ME pull and getting ready for a PL meet then I would not count any lifts that are performed with a hitch or that are dropped out of control. Would suggest training with the pause all of the time when you are hitting heavy singles but for your rep work or speed work doing touch and go is fine.

This way you are conditioning your mind and body so that you can focus on full intensity, explosiveness, and maximum energy output when you are in the meet without thinking about technique or form.

xolix
10-01-2008, 06:10 AM
could it be a mistake to train everytime with a pause of the bottom , when yes , why ??

Travis Bell
10-01-2008, 10:17 AM
No, not a mistake. Train how you will benefit the best. I train touch and go all the time, but I don't have a problem at meets pausing. If you have not been to many meets, train with the pause more often.

Eric Downey
10-04-2008, 01:26 AM
i like to pause as well in training like you. i just feel like i can explode better. like travis said do what is gonna better your training