PDA

View Full Version : Mens Health Abs Diet

betog22
10-01-2008, 12:02 AM
hey im just curious, has anybody read the Mens health Abs diet? i just picked it up and so far it seems fairly easy to do. just wonderin and hopefully get some feed back and tips on how to incorporate that to my normal routine...thanks

TopCat
10-01-2008, 04:42 PM
It is most likely fluffy crap. You get abs via direct work (weight sit-ups etc) or the better option of doing the good exercises (compounds) that utilize and build a strong core like squats/deadlifts.

Making your abs visible is just a dieting game. Again, nothing too special is required other than you achieve a low bodyfat %.

RedSpikeyThing
10-01-2008, 04:45 PM
bracing for flames....

cphafner
10-01-2008, 04:53 PM
It is most likely fluffy crap. You get abs via direct work (weight sit-ups etc) or the better option of doing the good exercises (compounds) that utilize and build a strong core like squats/deadlifts.

Making your abs visible is just a dieting game. Again, nothing too special is required other than you achieve a low bodyfat %.

He asked about a diet, not a routine.

KingWilder
10-01-2008, 07:13 PM
* Almonds and other nuts
* Beans and legumes
* Spinach and other green vegetables

* Dairy: fat-free/low-fat milk, yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese
* Instant oatmeal (unsweetened, unflavored)
* Eggs
* Turkey/lean meat (lean steak, chicken and fish)

* Peanut butter (all-natural, and limit to 3 tablespoons per day)
* Olive Oil (Extra Virgin)
* Whole grain bread/cereal
* Extra protein (whey) powder
* Raspberries and other berries

I've read the book. The program they give you (or gave when I originally bought it 4 years ago) is total crap. If you follow the food choices and make it fit your calories I don't see why it wouldn't be beneficial...it basically cuts out the garbage/processed junk.

scrawnybastard
10-01-2008, 07:32 PM
Flame on!

betog22
10-01-2008, 11:01 PM
so i guess its a nay on followin that diet :(

TopCat
10-02-2008, 09:19 AM
He asked about a diet, not a routine.

Being that he is inquiring about an ab diet, I came to the obvious conclusion that he probably wants a six-pack. I then proceeded to tell him how to go about getting one.