PDA

View Full Version : Hand care.

Fuzzy
10-01-2008, 10:25 PM
I've just come off a hell bender overload phase, and now I'll be deloading for a few days before ramping back for a competition.

Despite the fatigue, soreness, crankiness, lack of energy despite taking in 4500 calories a day, the worst part had to be what the bar was doing to my hands, by the afternoon session on the 3rd day I was resorting to a lot of chalk and tape. The weightlifting club owns 3 Eleiko competition bars, and these things are SHARP.

I found hemp oil and/or cream to be extremely soothing on the hands. I also regularly shave down my calluses and rub them over with a pumice stone, which keeps my calluses maintained and minimises the chance of them tearing off.

So, does anyone else do anything else? I am interested in trying alot to help with this rather annoying problem.

This is what I am having to resort to...

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc183/big_fuzzy/01102008012.jpg

(For those wondering why, I usually don't ask much or over think things but I'm pretty sure the point of this is to prepare and condition me for higher end competition. Eventually I should be training two and three times a day most of the week.)

(I also have the benefit of an EXTREMELY supportive and very financially secure family who are willing to support me as an adult so that I don't have to work and can focus on training.)

WillNoble
10-01-2008, 10:32 PM
interesting Sig Fuzzy.