PDA

View Full Version : Proud Dad!

betog22
10-02-2008, 07:57 PM
ok so heres the scoop, im a dad of 2 weeks and i wanna lose some weight...better yet, alot. i havent weighed myself but im sure im like 210-220 area and i hope to get to the 185 region...its possible.. i plan to take the fat loss stack but my question is, if i do decide to take that, will it work well even if i have 4-5 hours of sleep? are there any dads here that worked out straight outta delivery or have any realistic suggestions to get back in shape? thanks

40 Nunc
10-02-2008, 09:20 PM
First of all - congrats dad!

I started about 8 months ago at 210 and worked down to 185 in about 90 days and I'm an insomniac. I typically get 3-4 hours of sleep each night so its totally possible.

The key for me was watching my calories (about 1800/day) and doing HIIT 2-3 times/week along with heavy lifting 3 times/week.

And since you didn't squeeze a bowling ball out of a small orifice on your body you shouldn't have any issues lifting now ;)

Good luck!

betog22
10-02-2008, 11:09 PM
thanks 40 for the motivation...thats another reason why i like reading these forums sometimes...about the calories, how do u do it exactly to count all of them all day...the way i eat is, small portions with snacks. usually 6overall meals...

40 Nunc
10-03-2008, 12:29 AM
Check out fitday.com... Its a free website and you can track your calories. It'll take you a week or so to get in the groove and it takes a little effort because you have to read labels and watch portions but its pretty easy. They have foods with all the nutrition information already programmed so its a point and click type deal and you build your daily menu.

Good rule thumb if you're a novice (like me) is to try and eat a protein and carb at each meal. Some simple meals=

Steak/sweet potato
Chicken/broccoli
Turkey burger/brown rice
etc...

Watch your sugar intake, i.e. coke, pepsi etc

Here is a typical day from when I was losing weight:

Nectar Protien Shake
Special K Protien Plus Cereal
Cottage cheese/Strawberries
Subway Turkey sub (Dbl meat)
Chicken breast/Spinach
Steak/Sweetpotato
Multi-Pro Protein Shake
Almonds

Calories = 1775
Protein = 234
Carbs = 139
Fat = 43

If you have any questions about fitday.com there are a ton of people on this website that can help.

betog22
10-03-2008, 07:24 AM
will do...hey did u take any supplements while you were/are an insomniac? if so which ones worked for you?

drew
10-03-2008, 07:38 AM
Congrats!

When my son was born earlier this year, I took some time off. I watched what I was eating and trained sporadically for about 3 months. When I came back I felt recharged and ready to go. Time off is not a bad thing. Especially when you aren't getting much sleep. Just watch what you eat, try not to eat too much junk food, and work back into it slowly.

Good luck.

Gable
10-03-2008, 07:49 AM
will do...hey did u take any supplements while you were/are an insomniac? if so which ones worked for you?

ZMA helps me sleep _better_, its certainly no be all end all, but it makes a noticeable difference to me.

Go get a sleep study, they can really, REALLY help.

Good luck, and congrats!

Death
10-03-2008, 08:32 AM
I would bump the healthy fats and drop the carbs a bit. You should be getting about .5g of fat per lb of BW

roger4000
10-16-2008, 10:12 AM
congratulations man..http://grillyr.com/img/324/y08f1011anrn/rolleyes.gif

bawdybuilder
10-20-2008, 03:29 PM
Congrats to you dude http://lhnweb.info/img/419/d08n1009zqnc/biggrin.gif

FFHill
10-20-2008, 05:16 PM
Congrats Dad!!

My youngest daughter is four months now. I was training a couple of days after she came home, and for the most part have not missed more than a day here and there. I was able to make progress even with little sleep. I wasn't trying to lose weight, but none the less, my training progressed. I did make sure that I stayed well hydrated (tried to lay off coffee, soda, etc.), and ate well and I didn't seem to have much trouble.

Donnajo
10-20-2008, 06:00 PM
ok so heres the scoop, im a dad of 2 weeks and i wanna lose some weight...better yet, alot. i havent weighed myself but im sure im like 210-220 area and i hope to get to the 185 region...its possible.. i plan to take the fat loss stack but my question is, if i do decide to take that, will it work well even if i have 4-5 hours of sleep? are there any dads here that worked out straight outta delivery or have any realistic suggestions to get back in shape? thanks

First congrats.

Second did you gain sympathy wieght?

third, sounds like you are a good dad and sharing the responsibilities. Like the lost sleep.LOL