PDA

View Full Version : Squat Form Check

FFHill
10-02-2008, 08:12 PM
Here's squat set from the middle of my session Tuesday. I don't get to train with experienced power lifters so if you have thoughts on my form, please share them... it's the only way I'll get better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e0sFl-Cz2E

WILD BILL
10-03-2008, 01:14 AM
personally i think it looked really good. I would just change how u walk it out. U get heavier and it could be a prob. Nice work man

Lones Green
10-03-2008, 03:23 AM
i thought it looked pretty good.

FFHill
10-04-2008, 10:51 AM
I personally like to go a bit deeper. However, this is a box squat lol.

I noticed you chose a wides stance which makes me personally feel better. I thought I was the only one who prefered a wide stance.

Do people come up to you and go? Why the wide stance?

I have gotten that a few times..

I do rotate through several box heights. As far as stance, I don't get much feedback at all because I train in the gym at my job which is not frequented by many to say the least.

FFHill
10-04-2008, 10:52 AM
i thought it looked pretty good.

Thanks lones. Nice work by the way... Just finished reading back in your log a ways.

FFHill
10-04-2008, 10:59 AM
I would just change how u walk it out. U get heavier and it could be a prob. Nice work man

What would you change? I'm guessing that you're referring to my stance coming off the rack, but just wanted to make sure. I'm certainly not interested in an injury.

ehubbard
10-04-2008, 12:30 PM
I think it looks good too. But I could be biased by Meshuggah playing on the video.

smitsky
10-04-2008, 01:00 PM
That looks good to me.

14" is a bit high for me. That's fine though.

I regularly go to a 12" box because I lift in the USAPL.

I don't know what else you could change about the walkout except running the movement out of a Monolift :scratch:

It looked good to me :)

FFHill
10-04-2008, 01:38 PM
That looks good to me.

14" is a bit high for me. That's fine though.

I regularly go to a 12" box because I lift in the USAPL.

I don't know what else you could change about the walkout except running the movement out of a Monolift :scratch:

It looked good to me :)

Man, I'd love to have a monolift.

smitsky
10-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Man, I'd love to have a monolift.

Me too :)

I trained at Kegrice Barbell in San Diego this summer. I did the Good Morning Squat out of it on ME day, with a Crew member operating the monolift, and another standing as a back spot. It was awesome.

They even had a real Reverse Hyper machine!

:ninja:

FFHill
10-04-2008, 01:52 PM
smitsky - sounds nice. We do have a reverse hyper thanks to Dave Tate. He gave us one that came out of their compound I think. (I'm a firefighter and EliteFTS is four blocks from our station.)

smitsky
10-04-2008, 02:03 PM
smitsky - sounds nice. We do have a reverse hyper thanks to Dave Tate. He gave us one that came out of their compound I think. (I'm a firefighter and EliteFTS is four blocks from our station.)

Wow, that's great! Excellent.

Ben Moore
10-04-2008, 02:28 PM
What would you change? I'm guessing that you're referring to my stance coming off the rack, but just wanted to make sure. I'm certainly not interested in an injury.

He just meant to even up your feet when unracking the weight. When it gets heavier you'll be thrown off balance by that.

I thought it look pretty good as well. I really like that rack!

FFHill
10-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Thanks Ben!