PDA

View Full Version : How bad/good is sugar is for a bulk?

blacknapolean
10-02-2008, 09:54 PM
I'm on a bulk, not a clean bulk by any means. I take a serving of my weight gainer which is 39 grams of sugar, 50g protein, and 1200 calories. I also eat a snicker bar or 2 to go along with it. WIll this give me muscle (obviously wiht work out and a regular diet) or does sugar just turn to fat? I usually eat this sugary meal a few hours before bed or 1/2 a serving a day.

blacknapolean
10-06-2008, 12:12 AM
Nobody responds?

Unreal
10-06-2008, 09:27 AM
Overall daily calories and diet is what matters, not one meal.

Nothing wrong with sugar.

Tom Mutaffis
10-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Sugar will not help you to build muscle, and eating it late at night is definitely not the right timing if you are looking to add it in regardless.

If you really want to have a high sugar meal then I would look at pre-workout or maybe early morning on a non-training day. Some simple sugars can be good like fruit juice and vegatables, but in general you want to stay away from processed foods.

Maybe pick one day per week and go crazy with the snickers bars and sugar shakes, this will give you a boost in calories that will support mass gaining without just making you fat.

Remember, with 'weight gainer' powders a lot of times you get what you pay for. It is cheaper to add in sugars than it is complex carbs and much easier to make them taste good - but we should not be cutting corners when looking for optimal results.

Progress
10-06-2008, 12:20 PM
There is also a lot of fat (sat fats) in those Snickers bars. I wouldn't eat those with regularity.

liftstuff
10-09-2008, 03:01 PM
sugar does not turn to fat but it indirectly causes you to store fat.. it does not help you gain muscle in any way nor does it have any befefit besides short bits of energy and taste.

WillNoble
10-09-2008, 04:25 PM
Overall daily calories and diet is what matters, not one meal.

QFT...