PDA

View Full Version : Since you guys are the kings of volumizing...

Goldberg
10-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Is it worth it to spend time specifically training to volumize your delt(save anterior), bi's and tri's? Do you think they would get enough strength training through chest and back strength training?

Chubrock
10-03-2008, 01:21 PM
To an extent you're going to have to make sure things are worked somewhat evenly. Muscle imbalances can definitely throw a kink into an otherwise successful training split.

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
10-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Is it worth it to spend time specifically training to volumize your delt(save anterior), bi's and tri's? Do you think they would get enough strength training through chest and back strength training?

I think you should spend more time primary focus on variety of bench press, back and tricep exercises. Secondary, train the delts and biceps.

Try the conjugate method. Basically, rotating different/special exercises that resemble the barbell bench press.http://www.deepsquatter.com/strength/archives/ls7.htm

Goldberg
10-03-2008, 06:41 PM
Well, my main concern is that I really want to focus more on mass with my arms but I never want to neglect strength (i.e. "empty muscles"). I'm trying to find a balance between making the physique changes I want as well as improving my strength. That being said volume is my primary goal but mass is not something I want to neglect.

Keep in mind I'm not trying to compete or do anything professional, I just lift for the sheer joy of it and sense of accomplishment.

Any advice on an ideal routines involving both volume and mass training would be appreciated.

Eric Downey
10-04-2008, 12:33 AM
you should never not train a muscle group. how ever i did stop doing shoulders presses for a year when i started doing more powerlifting training and my measurements grew 2in.

RedSpikeyThing
10-04-2008, 08:20 AM
Well, my main concern is that I really want to focus more on mass with my arms but I never want to neglect strength (i.e. "empty muscles"). I'm trying to find a balance between making the physique changes I want as well as improving my strength. That being said volume is my primary goal but mass is not something I want to neglect.

Read HeavyBomber's log and look up "Powerbuilding".

Andrew Cohn
10-05-2008, 02:35 PM
As far as biceps, I personally think they get enough work to grow, strengthen and prevent injury with your regular back training. Think about it, you use them pretty hard in pullups, rows and any kind of pulls. Some supplemental bicep training can't hurt but don't let it detract from your core lifts.