PDA

View Full Version : Wow, shakes can be really easy

hellagrant
10-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Before reading threads on wannabebig, I use to mix protein powder with just water. No wonder why I wasn't gaining any weight. After reading all the threads about putting anything and partically everything into a shake, I thought I would give it a try.

1 banana
2 scoops of EAS Whey
4 cups whole milk
1/2 cups Quaker oats
2 tablespoons of peanut butter

I believe the stats were something like this:
1200 calories
40g fat
140g Carbs
80g protein

And it tasted pretty good actually. So lesson I learned today is, put **** in my shake. I probably will tone down the oatmeal, too much carbs for me.

ryuage
10-03-2008, 04:12 PM
you could mix stuff in a shake/smoothie besides protein powder... whoa. I guess all those smoothie companies (jamba juice, juice it up, robeks, and million others) were on to something.

WORLD
10-03-2008, 04:36 PM
I use EAS as well. What flavor? The banana flavor goes great with a banana, but the chocolate also goes great with either a banana or berries!

Put some more peanut butter in there. I hope your using Natural PB as well. Also add a tbs or two of Olive oil.

I don't put oats anymore just because I cant stand chewing them all at the bottom.

You can easily get this shake up to 1000 calories. Have one for breakfast and one right before bed (after dinner) and you've easily drank half your calories.

borracho
10-03-2008, 04:45 PM
mmm..peanut butter. I've actually gotten to the point where I purchased a container of PB for home andwork...comes in handy for a snack with a tortilla and jelly.

hellagrant
10-03-2008, 05:21 PM
I use EAS as well. What flavor? The banana flavor goes great with a banana, but the chocolate also goes great with either a banana or berries!

Put some more peanut butter in there. I hope your using Natural PB as well. Also add a tbs or two of Olive oil.

I don't put oats anymore just because I cant stand chewing them all at the bottom.

You can easily get this shake up to 1000 calories. Have one for breakfast and one right before bed (after dinner) and you've easily drank half your calories.

I use chocolate. Costco only has chocolate and vanilla, I didn't know that there was a banana flavor.

Natural PB? You mean organic? Or just natural ingredients? I bought a PB w/ natural ingredients but it isn't organic.

ryuage
10-03-2008, 05:36 PM
natural pb = ingredients : peanuts and maybe salt...

samadhi_smiles
10-04-2008, 12:59 PM
the crap peanut butters like jiffy and skippy and such press the peanuts and extract the oil and then replace the remove oil with partially hydrogenated oil (cottonseed or something similar), which is really no good for your body (not a healthy fat). They then sell the peanut oil separately, since this is worth MUCH more than the hydrogenated crap they sell you in your pb.

No reason to ever buy the crap peanut butter. Its no good for your body.

Reko
10-05-2008, 11:20 PM
the crap peanut butters like jiffy and skippy and such press the peanuts and extract the oil and then replace the remove oil with partially hydrogenated oil (cottonseed or something similar), which is really no good for your body (not a healthy fat). They then sell the peanut oil separately, since this is worth MUCH more than the hydrogenated crap they sell you in your pb.

No reason to ever buy the crap peanut butter. Its no good for your body.

Let me guess, it gets thrown out with the high fructose corn syrup, the white bread, and white pastas?
I happen to love all three as well as Best Choice PB.

limjoohong
10-09-2008, 06:46 AM
try snacking on mixed seeds and nuts as well.. high in calorie and good source of fiber, not to mention good protein too