PDA

View Full Version : Eating 5 - 6 meals a day. Importance?

RussianRocket
03-30-2002, 02:52 PM
Why is it important to eat 5 - 6 meals a day not 3 - 4. I thinks its very hard for me to eat 5 - 6 meals a day with school and stuff.

syntekz
03-31-2002, 08:27 AM
For me it helps to increase my metabolism a bit and is much easier on my stomach than eating 3 or 4 meals a day.

I'm usually eating about 7 or 8 (smaller) meals a day and my stomach has shrunk considerably.

Mark
03-31-2002, 09:22 AM
If you go much longer than 3 hours without eating your metabolic rate starts to slow down and your body starts to go into negative nitrogen balance.

For the average non bodybuilding person this does not matter but if you want to build muscle and reduce fat you need a minimum of 5 'meals' a day.

Remember a protein bar, protein drink or MRP counts as a meal. You don't need 6 plates of meat & vegetables a day although you should at least 3 conventional meals.

GeneticallyGifted
03-31-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Mark
If you go much longer than 3 hours without eating your metabolic rate starts to slow down and your body starts to go into negative nitrogen balance.

For the average non bodybuilding person this does not matter but if you want to build muscle and reduce fat you need a minimum of 5 'meals' a day.

Remember a protein bar, protein drink or MRP counts as a meal. You don't need 6 plates of meat & vegetables a day although you should at least 3 conventional meals.

That is the same thing that I do. I think that this has helped me gain the weight that I want and improve my LBM all the same. The three conventional meals I believe is a must.

RussianRocket
03-31-2002, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the info i'll try to eat around 5 -6 meals. Currently i'm eating 4- 5 meals a day.

Budiak
04-01-2002, 01:01 AM
If I dont eat constantly, they'll lock onto my body heat sig...then all of my work is for naught.

In all seriousness, its about keeping the metabolism revving, even when people wonder why you eat so much and lose so much weight. Laugh at them with your tuna breath, then break through the nearest wall and run to sweet, horrible freedom.

Leviathan
04-01-2002, 09:36 AM
After about 2-3 hours post-meal your body starts going into a catabolic mode and starts breaking down muscle. If you continuously eat (about every 2-3 hours) your body will remain in an anabolic mode all day. Some hardcore bodybuilders even wake up in the middle of the night to ensure they are keep their body in anabolic mode even as they sleep.

Wizard
04-01-2002, 10:41 AM
For better digestion and a faster (to a degree) metabolism

Cackerot69
04-01-2002, 10:43 AM
It's just easier on the digestive system...metabolically it makes little-no diff.

PS - Wizard, wtf have you been?

Wizard
04-01-2002, 10:57 AM
PS- I am torn.. I am designing a web site..(a greek one,so that you won't be able to understand its content), plus the uni,plus the fact that I screwed up my right knee and I have to do surgery to reconnect it.

Cackerot69
04-01-2002, 02:06 PM
Well dorkface....obviously wbb is more important.

body
04-01-2002, 03:30 PM
I prefer to spread my meals out. easier to eat food and stops me from being hungry.

AllNatural
04-02-2002, 07:12 PM
if a protein bar or an mrp counts as a meal then I eat like 8 meals a day:confused: