PDA

View Full Version : Lats on Bench Day

Lunar Effect
10-04-2008, 06:16 PM
I know that the Westside method has you working lats on your bench day, however I prefer to do my rows and/or chins on squat/deadlift days along with my other pulls. Would this be a problem?

Hazerboy
10-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Try it and see. Why do you prefer to do rows and chins on deadlift day?

Eric Downey
10-04-2008, 06:58 PM
no not a problem but if you squat and pull heavy your back work wont be as productive

Szust
10-04-2008, 11:05 PM
I have a completely different day, making it 5 days a week for lifting. Is that incorrect/bad?

BigTallOx
10-05-2008, 02:22 AM
I have a completely different day, making it 5 days a week for lifting. Is that incorrect/bad?

It definitely would be for me, it may not be for you. Personally, sometimes I have a hard time recovering from 4 days a week. I've been thinking about dropping it down to 3, but haven't come up with a good solution to that because the group I do ME bench with, always meets on the same day every week, makes the 3 day a week thing not work.

BigTallOx
10-05-2008, 02:24 AM
I know that the Westside method has you working lats on your bench day, however I prefer to do my rows and/or chins on squat/deadlift days along with my other pulls. Would this be a problem?

I switch mine around, sometimes bench day, sometime squat/deads day. It's never the same for me. I'll see if that works for me or not, I have a meet tomorrow.

Andrew Cohn
10-05-2008, 02:33 PM
You ever try just spreading your lat training out through out the week? For example, on Mondays I have ME Bench and the only lats I do that day are weighted pullups. I also do my bench work, shoudlers and triceps. I may do a lat exercise on my ME deadlift day which is Wednesday but I generally blast them pretty hard on Fridays which is ME squats. This generally is enough time to heal up and hit them pretty hard twice a week.

Lones Green
10-05-2008, 02:39 PM
i like doing heavy DB rows on DE bench day, and a lighter lat movement on ME bench day. sometimes i might even skip lats on ME bench day.

smitsky
10-05-2008, 07:04 PM
I often hit Lats hard on both ME and DE Bench days. If I'm looking to go light on the Lats, I will back off on the weight on DE day.

I like to keep my heavy day for all exercises on ME day, and have the option of either going light or heavy with assistance on DE day. As a general rule though, I go lighter on DE day.

I do Shrugs on both ME and DE Squat / Deadlift days, but no direct Lat work.

smitsky
10-05-2008, 07:06 PM
...I'll see if that works for me or not, I have a meet tomorrow.

Lol. Good luck at your meet :)

Where, and what Federation?