PDA

View Full Version : deadlift question

xolix
10-05-2008, 12:13 PM
ok...what is better for training deadlifts with reps , pause on the bottom , or touch n go like jim wendler for example ?

i tried both in the past and found out, that i can do more reps with touch n go, but my 1 rm didn't move up ... for example i did 6 reps with 605 and another day i couldn't lift 22 pounds more for 1 rep ...

i believe that using the bottompause is better for form and starting strength ..

whats your thoughts ?

Kiknskreem
10-05-2008, 01:47 PM
i believe that using the bottompause is better for form and starting strength ..

That is the general concensus.

SGT ROCK
10-05-2008, 02:34 PM
If you dont let it completely rest at the bottom it simply doesn't count as a rep. The huge majority of the best ever agree.

Semper Fi

thewicked
10-06-2008, 12:44 AM
pause at the bottom.. and attack your weaker muscle groups along with your weaker range in your ROM. I find that working for max triples and higher reps with what I'd consider HEAVY weight tend to transfer to my 1rm better than most it seems. I love pulling and the more I pull the better I am with it and the more confident I get. If I know I can man handle 600 for reps then I know something a few lbs heavier will be a cake walk as logn as I pick my attempts right.

Andrew Cohn
10-06-2008, 08:17 AM
You never bounce it in competition so you shouldn't practice that way.

Tom Mutaffis
10-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Depends on what you are looking to achieve. For muscle building or endurance then I believe that touch and go is fine. If you are getting ready for a powerlifting meet then you should re-set each repetition because in the meet you will never have the advantage of pulling reps already in your groove and with some momentum.

If you hit 605 x 5 there is no reason that 627 lbs shouldn't go though. Might be a big weakness off of the floor. Maybe try front squats or different foot/bar positioning.