PDA

View Full Version : MonStar1023's 3rd NHE Journal

MonStar1023
03-30-2002, 09:18 PM
I have decided to switch back to NHE for good. After trying about a million and a half diets, this is the only one that (1) was easy to stick to, and (2) gave my EXCELLENT results.

NHE stands for "Natural Hormonal Enhancement," a book written by Rob Faigin. To check out the book or look at the Q and A please click here (http://extique.com).

I also have 2 other NHE journals that did for a few months each. I stopped NHE to give a Cyclical Isocaloric Diet a shot but really didnt care for it. To check out my 1st NHE Journal please click here (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=6764&perpage=25&highlight=NHE&pagenumber=1). To check out my 2nd NHE Journal please click here (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=8908&highlight=NHE). To view my most recent, Cyclical Isocaloric Diet Journal, please click here (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=10751).

Anyway feel free to post here in my journal with comments/concerns or anything like that. I would really appreciate the support, etc.

:cool::cool:

MonStar1023
03-30-2002, 09:24 PM
Description Of My Diet / Supplements / Training...

Diet.
NHE simply stands for Natural Hormonal Enhancement. In a nutshell there are TWO phases to this diet. There is the low-carb phase, and the refeed phase. Some people refer to these as the upcycle and the downcycle. Anyway every single day of the week is a low-carb, moderate-fat, moderate-protein day. Similar to Atkin's, but not as much fat. Heres the catch, TWO nights per week there will be a huge (2500+ calorie) Refeed Meal.

Viewing my first and second NHE journals will make this one a lot easier because you will see exactly what I am talking about. My refeed meals will end up being every other day I train. For example this first week theyll end up being on Tuesday and Friday. The following week theyll end up falling on Monday and Thursday.

Anyway thats basically NHE in a nutshell..

Modification: after my first week of NHE I decided to do something a little different. I usually take in close to zero carbs on non-refeed meal days, well now I am going to be taking in 40g carbs postworkout to aid in recovery. Hopefully this will be beneficial and helpful in me achievng my strength goals etc.
Supplements.
Currently I am taking two different fat-burners, the first Ill be taking preworkout and precardio. Its called Liquid Clenbutrx by VPX Sports.

1 Serving Of Liquid Clenbutrx Contains...
Thermogenic/Nuerogenic Blend:
MaHaung Extract (Standardized at 8%)
Citrus Aurantium Extract (Standardized for 10% Synephrine)
Guarana (Standardize for 22% Caffeine)
White Willow Extract
L-Tyrosine
Bioperine
Proprietary Thyrogenic, Insulinogenic and Ant-Estrogenic Blend:
Methoxivone (5-Methyl-7-Methoxy-isoflavone)
Guggulsterones (E & Z) (Standarized at 10%)
Ipriflavone (7-Isopropoxy Isoflavone)
Phenylpropanolomine
Yohimbe Extract (Standardize at 8%)
Bis-Glycina

The second fat burner Ill be taking Ill be taking twice during the day. Just not preworkout and precardio. Its called Adrenalin.

1 Serving Of Adrenalin Contains...
200 mg. caffeine
35 mg. 1R 2S norephedrine hcl
100 mg. of synephrine hcl
3.4 mg. of yohimbine hcl

Prior and during my carbup meal I will be taking some glucose disposal agents like ALA and glutamine peptides, etc. Here is a list of ingredients for SyntheVol 2, CytoVol, V2G, and Phosphaplex, TRAC, along with Insulene and Gluco Tech, Agree With Meals, and Enzyme Digestant, which I will be taking before my carbup meal.

1 Serving Of Phosphaplex Contains...
5g creatine
2.2g ribose
2g taurine
100 mg. phosphorous
95 mg. magnesium
200 mcg. selenium
6 mg. manganese
25 mg. glucosol
400 mcg. chromium

1 Serving TRAC Contains...
4g creatine
4g arginine
600 mg. lysine
200 mg. phenylalanine
2.5 mg. NADH

1 Serving Of SyntheVol 2 Contains...
10g creatine
6g hydrolyzed wheat gluten
3.5g arginine
2g taurine
80 mg. inzitol (d-pinitol)
70 mg. sodium

1 Serving Of CytoVol Contains...
2.5g l-glutamine
2g taurine
2g l-alanine
1.5g AKG
500 mg. glycine
500 mg. inositol
300 mg. calcium
250 mg. RNA
60 mg. phosphorus
60 mg. sodium

1 Serving Of V2G Contains...
7.5 mg. vanadyl sulfate
800 mg. taurine
33 mcg. selenium

1 Serving Of Insulene Contains...
90 mg. langerstroemia speciosa l. (Glucosol)
10 mg. d-pinitol inzitol
250 mg. proprietary blend (gymnema sylvestre extract, chromium, lipoic acid,
phosphatidyl serine)

1 Serving Of Gluco Tech Contains...
90 mg. langerstroemia speciosa extract (Glucosol)
10 mg. d-pinitol
250 mg. proprietary blend (gymnema sylvestre extract, alpha lipoic acid,phosphatidyl serine, chromium)

1 Serving Of Agree With Meals Contains...
9000 HUT units fungul protease
450 ASP units acid protease
150 FCC units lactase
2230 units cellulase
18 AG units amyloglucosidase
2300 SKB units fungal amylase
2250 units lipase

1 Serving Of Enzyme Digestant Contains...
400 mg. pancreatin
130 mg. alpha-amylase
65 mg. betaine hydrochloride
65 mg. pepsin
65 mg. papain
8.1 mg. ox bile extract 8:1

Modification: added refeed meal supplements as of 4-9-2002...

1 Serving Of Mega Creatine Contains...
5g effervescent creatine
1g phosphorous
766 mg. sodium
599 mg. potassium

1 Serving Of Mega Glutamine Effervescent Contains...
5g effervescent glutamine
232 mg. sodium
176 mg. potassium
100 mg. vitamin C
100 mg. n-acetyl-cysteine
100 IU vitamin E
Training.
Sun- Rest.
Mon- Chest, Triceps.
Tue- Back, Biceps, Forearms.
Wed- Rest.
Thu- Quads, Hamstrings, Calves.
Fri- Delts, Traps, Abs.
Sat- Rest.

Chest, Triceps.
Flat Barbell Presses 2 sets 6/8
Dips 2 sets 6/8
Flat Dumbbell Presses 1 set 8
Flat Dumbbell Flyes 1 set 8

Lying Barbell Extensions 2 sets 6/8
Seated Overhead Barbell Extensions 1 set 8

Back, Biceps, Forearms.
Curl-grip Chins 2 sets 6/8
* Incline Underhand Machine Rows 2 sets 6/8

http://store4.yimg.com/I/exercise_1676_5753877

* Above is a pic of the rowing machine that I am talking about. Ill be doing them lying on the incline as pictured, using an underhand shoulder-width grip, pulling the bar to my sternum.

Modification: Exercise switch starting as of 4/12/2002, switch from crossbench DB pullovers to seated machine pullovers. ;);)

Seated Machine Pullovers 1 set 8
V-Bar Pulldowns 1 set 8

Standing Barbell Curls 2 sets 6/8
Incline Alternating Dumbbell Hammer Curls 1 set 8

Standing Barbell Reverse Curls 1 set 6-8
Barbell Static Holds 1 set to failure

Quads, Hamstrings, Calves.
Back Squats 2 sets 6/8
Leg Presses 2 sets 6/8
Leg Extensions 1 set 8
Lying Leg Curls 1 set 8

Standing Calf Raises 1 set 15
Seated Calf Raises 1 set 15

Delts, Traps.
Seated Behind-neck Presses 2 sets 6/8
One-arm Dumbbell Side Laterals 1 set 8
Lying One-Arm Dumbbell Laterals 1 set 8

Partial Deadlifts 2 sets 6/8
(approximately deadlifting from knees)
Dumbbell Shrugs 1 set to failure

Machine Crunches 2 sets 15/15

On my rest days Ill be doing some interval cardio first thing in the morning preferably on an empty stomach. On every single training day, before my workout, I will weigh-in, and keep track my weight. I know that your weight can flucuate especially with the carb-up meal, but I like to keep up with it just so I know where I stand each day.

Any time that I INCREASE to a weight that I couldnt handle the previous week, it will be in BLUE with a blue exclamation point in parenthesis that looks like (!). This way Ill know where I am gaining strength and where I am not. For example if I increase in my hang clean weight it will look like this.

Hang Cleans: 175 x 6 (!)

Red Intensity Stars.

Stole this from Sebi's journal. Hehe. Next to the exercise that I did I will have the weight first, and then how many reps. I will also have intensity stars. For example...

Dips +000x00 [***]; +000x00 [***]

Lying Barbell Extensions 000x00 [***]; 000x00 [***]

As you can see there are three stars after each set. The more red stars, the higher the intensity of that set. The following is what each one of of the 3 stars roughly means.

Intensity Stars Key.

[***]
One red star means that the set wasnt intense enough at all. Not putting as much intensity into the set as I should be. Probably, almost, defintely, not coming close to failure. Basically going through the motions without much focus etc.

[***]
Two red stars means that the set was intense, just not balls to the wall. Definitely coming extremely close to failure, probably within 1-3 reps. Not a bad set by any means. A little bit more effort and focus and it would be...

[***]
Three red stars means that the set was ALL OUT! Completely balls to the F*CKING wall! Really couldnt get anymore intense. Definitely hit muscular failure, if not a tad beyond it. Really seriosuly went nuts for this kind of set with a lot focus and drive. Couldnt ask for anything else.
:thumbup::thumbup:

the doc
03-30-2002, 09:32 PM
what are your goals monstar?

rookiebldr
03-30-2002, 09:34 PM
I thought I could the first to spam your new journal, however, Doc here first. Good luck MonStar.

MonStar1023
03-30-2002, 09:35 PM
Strength Goals...

1st Strength Goals.

Flat Barbell Presses: 260 x 6 (!)
... +25 lbs. from 4/1/02

Dips: +120 x 6 (!)
... +30 lbs. from 4/1/02

Lying Barbell Extensions: 145 x 6 (!)
... +25 lbs. from 4/1/02

Curl-grip Chins: +55 x 6 (!)
... +25 lbs. from 4/2/02

Incline Underhand Machine Rows: 210 x 6 (!)
... +30 lbs. from 4/2/02

Standing Barbell Curls: 140 x 6 (!)
... +20 lbs. from 4/2/02

Barbell Static Holds: 405 x :10 (!)
... +90 lbs. from 4/2/02

Back Squats: 360 x 6 (!)
... +35 lbs. from 4/4/02

Leg Presses: 820 x 6 (!)
... +70 lbs. from 4/4/02

Standing Calf Raises: 300 x 15 (!)
... +30 lbs. from 4/4/02

Seated Behind-neck Presses: 170 x 6 (!)
... +25 lbs. from 4/5/02

Partial Deadlifts: 395 x 6 (!)
... +30 lbs. from 4/5/02
... Once my first strength goals are all achieved successfully with perfect form, obviously, I will make up my 2nd Strength Goals here in this same post.

MonStar1023
03-30-2002, 09:37 PM
the doc-
Fat loss, strength, muscle development gains, ya know, everyones goals I guess. Fat loss definitely being the first. A CID was OKAY just not as good as NHE, for me at least. I dont know maybe I am the wierdo. Anyway NHE worked much more efficiently at fat loss than did a CID.

... Thanks for checking out my journal bro, appreciate it.

rookiebldr-
Thanks a lot man I really seriously appreciate all of your support. Not many people have been to supportive. I mean here on WBB my girlfriend is always supportive hehe. Anyway foreal though I appreciate it. No matter what I go ahead with youre always helping me out.

;);)

the doc
03-30-2002, 09:42 PM
Fat loss, strength, muscle development gains, ya know, everyones goals I guess. Fat loss definitely being the first. A CID was OKAY just not as good as NHE, for me at least. I dont know maybe I am the wierdo. Anyway NHE worked much more efficiently at fat loss than did a CID.

Mon it was definitely very productive for that. Best wishes- we will be following your progress- I should say though you looked pretty cut in your pics already

I like your intensity scale idea

I am going to borrow your borrowed format for my new journal :)
what does your girl post as?

MonStar1023
03-30-2002, 09:46 PM
the doc-
Thanks a lot man, nice words considering I was fat in the pics I posted. Anyway my girlfriend doesnt post here @ WBB she doesnt have the internet. I wish she posted here she would really keep me inspired. Shes great we have been together 16 months now. Hehe good luck with your new journal bro Ill definitely be checking it out. What are your goals?

the doc
03-30-2002, 09:51 PM
mass and strength man

mass and strength

I mean here on WBB my girlfriend is always supportive hehe.

this threw me off- thats why i asked :)

**** i like the stars

MonStar1023
03-30-2002, 09:52 PM
the doc-
Oh yeah I know haha my fault. Also bro with the intensity marks or whatever. Which do you think is easiest to read, exclamation points [!!!], stars [***], or lines [|||]?

:D:D

the doc
03-30-2002, 09:53 PM
monstar your to quick on the keyboard

see above post :)

ericg
03-30-2002, 09:54 PM
anoher journal!!!

Christ, I was just getting used to the 8th one, lol

Good luck with the diet man, doesnt seem like you have too much t lose as far as fat goes. Are you gona do the NHE bulking diet?

MonStar1023
03-30-2002, 09:58 PM
the doc-
Haha thanks man, yeah I am going to stick with the *s. Anyway thanks again, please continue checking out my jounral its really encouraging.

ericg-
Whatsup man? Yeah haha hopefully my LAST one for around a 1/2 year or so. Really want to stick with NHE. The only diet that seems to REALLY work for me. Well see how things go in the future. Please continue checking it out I really appreciate it.

:):)

rookiebldr
03-30-2002, 10:52 PM
Well look at, 12 post and over 1000 views in just over an hour.:D Make that 13.

MonStar1023
03-30-2002, 10:57 PM
rookiebldr-
I know man I dont understand that at all. Some of my friends have the link to my journal but I mean usually 1000 views takes weeks doesnt it. I dont care thats not important to me at all. Sticking to the diet and all that is whats important haha, not my # of views.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Orange357
03-30-2002, 10:57 PM
damn straight.

MonStar1023
03-30-2002, 11:00 PM
Haha hey man not that the little things dont count and everything like that. But we gotta keep in mind the overall purpose of keeping a journal.

;);)

rookiebldr
03-30-2002, 11:23 PM
Yep, your right. I hope I get as much out of my journal that you get out of yours. Progessing is the name of the game. I just saw the easter bunny. :eek: oh no - milk chocolate. Fat, simple carbs and protein - sounds like time to re-feed.

:cool: :cool:

MonStar1023
03-30-2002, 11:28 PM
rookiebldr-
Haha. Yeah Happy Easter man. Keep forgetting its tomorrow. I guess this is what happens now that I am 18 and now 8. Oh well. Anyway gyms are closed tomorrow, kind of pissed off but oh well. Hitting up some early AM cardio tomorrow morning though in remembrance of Easter. Yeah man keep progressing, that really is key. Continue getting stronger, and stronger, and stronger.

Ironman15
03-30-2002, 11:29 PM
I wonder if you're actually going to have a workout on your first page? lol

MonStar1023
03-30-2002, 11:33 PM
Ironman15-
Not really sure man, hows your training coming along bro? I havnt checked your journal in a little while. Been kinda busy.

Ironman15
03-30-2002, 11:37 PM
It's not going too bad, took the past week off, with being out of school and all. Done a little lifting at my house, but nothing much. Need to start eating more though, damn baseball interupts my schedule like crazy.

MonStar1023
03-30-2002, 11:46 PM
Ironman15-
Yeah man a lot of my friends play baseball and damn do they lose some size! They drop around 5-10 lbs. just from all the running and everything like that. Try and stick with it man I know its hard. Youll probably get right back into it after baseball is over though right? Are you in highschool or college?

Ironman15
03-30-2002, 11:51 PM
Junior in high school, yea between being out there for 3 hours and all the running I've dropped about 4 lbs.

MonStar1023
03-30-2002, 11:52 PM
Ironman15-
Junior in highschool huh? Thats cool man I am a Senior.. really not too many highschool kids here @ WBB huh? Were really running with the big dogs haha. What kinda supplements you taking right now? And what kinda diet?

MonStar1023
03-30-2002, 11:56 PM
(for a description of my diet / supplements / training please click here (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?postid=174030#post174030); to view my strength goals, please click here (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?postid=174038#post174038))

Sunday, March 31, 2002

Happy Easter... :):)

Cardio.
Before Meal 1: 20 minutes stationery bike; alternating 1 minute level 6 with one minute level 8.

... Took my ALA before this and felt a little tired not a big deal though. Mainly just felt like a fat piece of sh*t.
Diet.
Meal 1: 4 hot wings + coffee + Equal + heavy whipping cream

Meal 2: 2 servings whey protein + heavy whipping cream + Equal

Meal 3: Atkin's choclate bar

Meal 4: green salad + Italian dressing

Meal 5: 2 tbsp. peanut butter
Overall Comments.
Wow woke up today feeling like a FAT COW! Yesterday and the Friday night I really binged like CRAZY! Woke up yesterday and ate cookies and all that bullsh*t. Ordered pizza right away. Ate that and the just snacked on candy and soda after that. Then I ate at Taco Bell like a fat a*s. Then my girlfriend and I went to Cracker Barrel for Easter and I pigged there like a fat balloon. Just ate and ate and ate. Soda and dessert the whole 9 yards. tuttuttuttut So now today I completely feel like a thousand pounds. :(:( Measured my waist today at the naval, with my abs flexed, and it measured a FAT and completely SOFT and disgusting 36 inches. Really pissed me off. Want it down to 33 inches or something along those lines.
Pain/Soreness.
Not sore today, just feel like a fat and flabby blimp thats completely disgraceful for binging like an a*s yesterday.
Sleep.
8 hours sleep last night. Slept well with some really wacked out dreams. Usually the Sleep Formula causes this.
Supplements.
Precardio: 500 mg. ALA + 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx

With Meal 1: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 50 mg. zinc

With Meal 2: 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 1 Adrenalin

With Meal 3: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 1 Adrenalin

Before Bed: Sleep Formula
Training. Rest.

Training Length.
Feel so fat today and all the gyms are closed due to Easter. Today isnt a training day anyway so its not a big deal.
Water.
Okay amount today, need to remember that I am back into the low carb world I have to keep my water intake real high. :drooling::drooling:
Weight.
Dont weigh in on rest days. Which is kind of good because if I weighed in I guarantee that I would be pushing 215-220 lbs. And I dont feel like being depressed.

Ironman15
03-30-2002, 11:59 PM
Right now I take creatine, a multi-vitamin, and occasionally take a protein shake, all depending on whether my lazy ass feels like getting out the blender or not. My diet is just basically eat as much as I can, lol. I drink about a gallon of milk a day, eat atleast 4 meals, try to get in 5 or 6 though. Before baseball I was getting around 3500 calories a day, right now I'm lucky to be pulling in 2500-2750. Hopefully I'll mack on mass easter candy and get that total higher though, lol. I'm not too worried about gaining some fat though, I've put on 20 lbs. most since christmas and my bf% maybe went up 1% if that.

MonStar1023
03-31-2002, 12:01 AM
Ironman15-
Yeah haha creatine and protein and multivitamin are whats really important. I take a sh*tload of supplements haha. Not the best idea. Can get expensive. Anyway good luck man. Hope to see you get back into bodybuilding 150% after baseball is over. Haha Ill be checking out your journal man.

:):)

Ironman15
03-31-2002, 12:05 AM
Thanks, I'll be checking yours out too.

MonStar1023
03-31-2002, 11:13 AM

Jane
03-31-2002, 11:27 AM
My curiosity got the best of me and I ordered Faigin's book a while back. Funny thing, it's also taking FOREVER to get here. Now I know how you felt ;)
Anyway, good luck with everything, I might try NHE if I like what I read. :)

MarshallPenn
03-31-2002, 11:30 AM
Monstar - I left you a post in your other journal, go check it out if you can. Dude, why do you go nuts and eat like that? I hope you don't seriously think that you gained 15lbs overnight, not really possible. Don't worry about it so much though, why don't you just keep your eating more balanced so you don't have these cravings?

MonStar1023
03-31-2002, 11:36 AM
Jane-
Yeah NHE is a great book I think that youll really like it. Faigin really explains all aspects of nutrition well. Doesnt go in depth with supplements and training but diet wise I recommend it 100%. Works extremely well too. Based on personal experience I can tell you straight up that the diet works great! No counting calories or anything like that. Some aspects of it are a little old like limiting water intake during the carbup meal and keeping protein down during the carbup meal too. But overall the book is top-notch.

MonStar1023
03-31-2002, 11:38 AM
MarshallPenn-
Now that one aspect Ill be the first to say that I am bad at. I binge like a fat non-disciplined a*shole eating everything in site for hours and hours. I am not sure why I do it. Seems like more of a psychological thing or something. Like I just cant stop eating. I eat and eat and eat until I feel like I am going to puke. I guess just eating the same old foods gets old or something along those lines.

MarshallPenn
03-31-2002, 11:49 AM
Monstar - Clarify something for me, I check out the link, but there was no reading there, just testimonials - did I miss something?

Ok, I went to media, but nothing really meaty there either. He says the whole caloric theory is flawed, I've still never seen a fat POW, so maybe you can post up some of his ideas on how just eating low-cal doesn't cause weight loss.

MonStar1023
03-31-2002, 12:11 PM
MarshallPenn-
www.extique.com is the NHE website. I just gave you that so you can order the book yourself if you feel so inclined. You can also look at a Q and A from that link. The calorie theory may not be the best but its a lifetime diet plan its not a fad diet where you count calories etc. Youre obviously not going to count calories everyday for the rest of your life.

http://www.extique.com/arindex.htm#index ... Here is the link to the Q and A over @ extique.com. Pretty interesting.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-31-2002, 01:06 PM
Marshall, the reason for abolishing calorie counting is cause the diet is also designed to be practical for folk who have had no luck with other (piss-poor) dieting methods. It is usually these folk who don't have concern enough to spend time counting calories and what-not.

There's a few other valid reasons too.

He makes a good job of dismissing the whole calorie-counting method. Personally i'd still count them: 1. cause i'm a freak and 2. cause i like to use it as a gauge.

Jane
03-31-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by MonStar1023
Youre obviously not going to count calories everyday for the rest of your life.

We're not? :scratch:

Maybe I'm a freak like CD but, is it really possible not to count? Never mind, I guess if your maintenance levels are like 3,500 than counting isn't so much of an issue...

MonStar1023
03-31-2002, 08:59 PM
The_Chicken_Daddy-
Valid points bro. I am not going to be counting calories simply because I am lazy and because its a real pain in the a*s. I also want to be about to eat at restaurants no problem.

Jane-
Haha I definitely dont count. But one thing that I think happens is personally I think that I usually go way under calorie wise when I am not counting calories. I think I am not 100% sure.

By the way, I just inserted the exact incline rowing machine that I have been talking about into my 2nd post here @ on this journal. Its inserted into the actual post not attached. You guys can check it out if you want.

the doc
03-31-2002, 09:14 PM
those are good rowing machines
we have one at our gym that i use and like as an assisting lift
We have a biangular row that i use as primary row

MonStar1023
03-31-2002, 09:29 PM
the doc-
Yeah man I didnt see the biangular row. I wish they had that at the TMCA. I dont know well see how things go! I cannot wait to get into the power rack tomorrow though! Never done it before. Really really really REALLY looking forward to it. Also havnt dont flat BB presses in about 2 years! Probably am going to struggle with 250 for 6 haha. Pathetic.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

the doc
03-31-2002, 09:31 PM
good luck man!

MonStar1023
03-31-2002, 09:33 PM
Haha thanks doc, appreciate it. What do you think of my program, its the 2nd post here in my journal. Probably, hopefully, going to stick to that exact program for around 6 months or until I completely stall. Stalling really doesnt happen too much with me either. My DBs @ the YMCA only go up the 100s.. which is dissapointed but other than that I should be fine.

Sebi
03-31-2002, 11:56 PM
Just wanted to wish good luck.

And hard workouts. :)

the doc
04-01-2002, 12:10 AM
mon, i like your program except for one thing

After making some changes i am a firm believer in giving the arms their own day

Now i know your not going for strength/mass gains as #1 priority, so this may not apply, but if you want to hit your arms with heavy weights to give maximum development (as mason believes) then they NEED their own day. Otherwise they have been worked very hard as assisting muscles for say bench press or rowing (but not with heavy load)-thus you cannot hit them with heavy weight during the chest/tri day for example.

MarshallPenn
04-01-2002, 12:36 AM
Monstar - sorry to be riding your ass like Zorro, but as I said to you before when you used NHE - you eat nothing! Dude, what was the calorie count of your food today?

4 wings ~200cals
2 servings protein is what, 160cals?
Atkins bar is what 300cals?
salad with dressing ~200 cals
2 tbls peanut butter 180cals

So, about 1000 calories total. Unless you use retarded amounts of cream in your coffees. On CID you were eating 500 cals a MEAL. Don't you see the difference?

Ask Mason and those guys, I know you respect their opinion. Your protein intake is sooo low (not that I'm a high protein fan) and with your calories that low, you're most likely burning off tons of muscle. Plus, your metabolism drops to zero on this diet so that when you binge, as you do, your body must go haywire.

Just trying to help. :-)

the doc
04-01-2002, 01:17 AM
on nhe monstar you should get around 200 g of protein/day

eating ~ 40-50 g/meal

i know you dont like to count cals, but you make up the rest in fat

marshall, his cals should not be that low

MonStar1023
04-01-2002, 05:42 AM
the doc-
Yeah I totally get your point about having my protein intake up, I agree 100% bro. I also partially agree about giving arms their own training day. Okay there are ups and downs to arms on their own day though. I mean I want to keep delts on their own day too because after chest my delts are fried. If I do arms on a day, delts, on a day, and chest on a day, thats basically triceps 3x per week. Which I know my triceps cannot take. Somehow my arms dont seem to get TOO exausted from back or chest I still feel like I can hit them hard afterwards. It seems this way at least, I could be wrong.

MarshallPenn-
Yeah I know that my calories are a little lower on NHE. Okay maybe a lot. But you have to realize that a higher fat intake murders my appetite. I eat whenever I am hungry on NHE. Every few hours of something along those lines. How much I eat directly corresponds with how hungry I am. I am not going to gorge myself if I am not even hungry ya know? I completely agree that my protein intake should be at least 1g per pound of bodyweight though. I need to concentrate on that more.

MarshallPenn
04-01-2002, 08:22 AM
Monstar - you could look at the delts as part of the arm and just do delts and arms on the same day.

As far as your protein intake I think the 1g per pound thing is somewhat overhyped - I eat maybe half that most days and I've put on probably close to 30lb LM over the past year. So I don't think you need a huge amount.

Your appetite is really not there? Maybe this is psychological because I don't think that your fat intake has increased much in total from your daily intake on the CID diet. I am a little confused about other thing based on your appetite comments. Do you like to eat, or not? You binge like a maniac and you said you were up at 230lbs, so I assume you like eating, or did you just go nuts with the whole bulking concept? Me personally, I hate having to eat all the time, pain in the ass -- and the wallet. Reading your journal, your choice of foods on the 2 diets seemed completely different as well, the only thing that stayed the same is the pizza binges. Why don't you just eat pizza regularly?? -- I eat it all the time!! How do YOU like to eat -- forget these fancy named diets -- what type of foods do you like?

MonStar1023
04-01-2002, 01:48 PM
MarshallPenn-
Yeah I know what youre saying about my protein intake. It is important that I keep my protein relatively high if I want to hold onto my lean mass. I think NHE is really good though at keeping my muscle at least from all of my experiences with it. I never went nuts with the whole bulking concept I went nuts with the whole fattening food binge concept. Pizza isnt really a diet kind of food. And I want to lose some fat so thats why I limit my pizza intake.

MonStar1023
04-01-2002, 01:53 PM
(for a description of my diet / supplements / training please click here (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?postid=174030#post174030); to view my strength goals, please click here (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?postid=174038#post174038))

Monday, April 1, 2002

Cardio.
No cardio today.
Diet.
Meal 1: 4 hot wings + coffee + Equal + heavy whipping cream + 1 tbsp. peanut butter

Meal 2: Atkin's choclate bar

Meal 3: 2 servings whey protein + heavy whipping cream + Equal

Meal 4: 1 can tuna + 1 tbsp. mayo + coffee + heavy whipping cream + Equal

Postworkout: 2 servings whey protein + 1 tbsp. flax seed oil + heavy whipping cream

Meal 6: 1 tbsp. peanut butter + Italian sausage
Overall Comments.
Feel like the biggest cow today. Feel bloated somehow. Doesnt really make any sense why I would feel bloated but oh well. Other than that I feel pretty good. Damn before bed I was STARVING like a Jew in a concentration camp. Couldnt believe the damn hunger pangs I was experiencing. I was like about to shoot someone for some pizza and ice cream. Haha but my refeed meal is tomorrow night so I should be okay until then... I think. ;);)
Pain/Soreness.
Not really sore today. Just fat.
Sleep.
7 hours sleep last night. Slept okay I guess. Woke up a few times actually I am not sure why. Just woke up.
Supplements.
With Meal 1: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 50 mg. zinc + 1 Adrenalin

Preworkout: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx + 500 mg. ALA

Postworkout: 5g creatine + 5g glutamine peptides + 250 mg. Aminogen

Training. Chest, Triceps.
Flat Barbell Presses: 235 x 4.5 [***]; 205 x 9.5 [***]

... Wow what the F*CK!? :mad::mad: Very very pissed off about my bench weight today. I want to blame it on my damn ALA preworkout but I think it was just because I havnt benched in more than 2 years. Very dissapointed in myself. Thought I was going to handle around 255-265 lbs. for 6. I just cant believe this sh*t. Feel like I have never worked out before in my life. Just let down completely. Arched my back and kept my feet flat on the floor. Felt like my balance was off or something. REALLY need to start flat pressing again. Amazed myself I almost dropped the barbell to one side a few times!

Dips: +90 x 6 [***]; +75 x 8 [***]

... Good sets here. Pumped up my pecs like CRAZY! Wow thats one thing that I REALLY noticed about the 500 mg. ALA preworkout, crazy f*cking pumps. Havnt been pumped like this in a long time. Anyway sets werent ALL out to failure I dont think. But still felt heavy. Training at the YMCA now, and the dip bars are definitely much farther apart than my old gym. Its all good though. I like them further apart because I feel it more in my pecs. Reps were good with a good ROM. For some reason I locked out my elbows out at the top which I need to try not to do.

Flat Dumbbell Presses: 100 x 5.5 [***]

... Wow pretty pathetic here. I dont think that I took enough of a break in between my exercises. Chest was really pumped like crazy at this point. Really inflated big time. Good set, hit my chest hard no questions asked. Was really really dissapointed in my reps with this though. It doesnt really matter though because I did 2 exercises first. Kept form pretty good. The YMCA only goes up to the 100s so thats definitely going to be a problem. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Need to be getting the 100s for 8-10 reps.

Flat Dumbbell Flyes: 65 x 8 [***]

... Really good set here without a doubt. Hammered my pecs hard with perfect form. Really awesome set. Good form and created an awesome pump in my pecs. Inflated my pecs like crazy just from this one single set. Stretched them out good at the bottom of the movement and everything like that. These were definitely good overall though.

Lying Barbell Extensions: 125 x 8 [***]; 115 x 8 [***]

... Wow 2 AWESOME sets here! Hammered my triceps hard. After my first set of lying ext. my triceps blew up like CRAZY! Pumped insanely. Definitely the ALA they havnt pumped like that in a long f*cking time. I was actually really really impressed with how pumped they were. Two good sets. Somehow I got 8 reps the first set. Really was impressed. Definitely going for 130 next Monday. See how that goes. Great pump overall.

Seated Overhead Barbell Extensions: 105 x 6.5 [***]

... This exercise REALLY pissed me off big time! :redface::redface: There isnt really a decent bench at the YMCA that has a lower back support so I had to do these on the end of a bench without a lower back support. Kind of ached my back. Form was OKAY elbows were kind of flared. Defintely going to work on correcting this next Monday.
Training Length.
Worked out today longer than usual because I had to wait for a few things, gym was pretty packed, lasted 40 minutes today compared to my usual 25-30. Oh well.
Water.
Pretty good amount today I guess, need to keep it up. Need more during my training though.
Weight.
Preworkout today, clothed, without shoes, I weighed 205 lbs. Felt good about my weight actually. Hopefully tomorrow Ill be even less... well have to see how that goes. Hope to weigh something like 203 tomorrow.

MarshallPenn
04-01-2002, 03:33 PM
Monstar - One of us has been reading the wrong information about "dieting" :) :)

If your total calories are under maintenance, you can eat all the damn pizza you want. You seem to be missing that, and perhaps thats why you have these binge epsiodes. What is a "diet" food anyway? Food is food, you eat too much, you grow, you eat too little you shrink. Period. I thought the whole point of NHE was that you can eat whatever you want. But you didn't answer my question - what foods do YOU like? (that way I can start yelling at you when there not on your meal list - hehe :) :) )

=w=
04-01-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by MarshallPenn
Monstar - One of us has been reading the wrong information about "dieting" :) :)

If your total calories are under maintenance, you can eat all the damn pizza you want. You seem to be missing that, and perhaps thats why you have these binge epsiodes. What is a "diet" food anyway? Food is food, you eat too much, you grow, you eat too little you shrink. Period. I thought the whole point of NHE was that you can eat whatever you want. But you didn't answer my question - what foods do YOU like? (that way I can start yelling at you when there not on your meal list - hehe :) :) )

I gotta at least partially agree with MP here (though I am not ready to speak ill of NHE since I have not read the book) but in your case, no wonder you lose weight on this diet. I dont want this to come out wrong and sound rude but you really dont eat ****. On this amount of cals you could lose weight making butter and soda milk shakes (exageration but you get the point).

CBates
04-01-2002, 04:45 PM
I'd have to agree with MP and =w=. It looks like I'd go in starvation mode eating that much food. I'm mean, I have a very slow metabolism and I'm eating twice the calories and losing body fat.

MonStar1023
04-01-2002, 07:01 PM
MarshallPenn-
I am glad that you said that because my girlfriend is taking in 12 x her bodyweight in calories but basically eating whatever she wants and I told her that she would lose weight this way. Seems true to me. I am just not into the whole counting calories thing etc. ya know?

=w=-
Yeah I know today I took in a bit more calories than I have been taking in. Hopefully this will help. Want to try and squeeze 6 meals into my day. Well have to see how things go in the future. I dont want to drop too much weight too suddenly.

CBates-
How many calories are you taking in per day? Yeah I too am definitely trying to lose some bodyfat. No questions asked. Need to drop another 10-15 lbs. or so to be shredded.

CBates
04-01-2002, 07:04 PM
I'm taking in about 2300-2500 calories a day. I'm about to stop dieting for a while though. At least a month. I've been pretty strict on dieting for over a year now, and think it's really screwing with my hormones. Trying to stay lean year around, eating maintenance and below maintenance for this long has caught up to me.

MonStar1023
04-01-2002, 08:24 PM
CBates-
Yeah eating below maintenace for over a year would seem to catch up with you. I could be wrong obviously. But when I finally get lean, which is soon I hope, I am definitely going to want to stay lean. I mean why get lean and then just get fat again ya know? Are you going to bulk up this fall/winter? I am going to assume that youre going to stay lean for summer right? I am going to try to GET lean for summer.

... Hit 2000 views. Haha crazy sh*t.

CBates
04-01-2002, 08:36 PM
I can loss fat fairly easy, so I'm really considering bulking up for about a month, just to get my hormones balanced, and then cut. I mean I lost quite a bit of fat from the diet that I'm on just in 2 weeks, and I didn't have much to lose in the first place. I'm not going to over do it though. My maintenance level is around 2500, what I might do is take in around 2800-3000 for about a month, so fat gain will be minimal.

rookiebldr
04-01-2002, 08:42 PM

... Hit 2000 views. Haha crazy sh*t.

See now, I didn't think count views really mattered. :D :D

P.S. Thought I would add to the page count.

MonStar1023
04-01-2002, 08:53 PM
CBates-
Yeah sounds like a good idea, just bulk for a little while to stimulate your horomones. Lemme know how things go with that.

rookiebldr-
Haha it doesnt matter.. just crazy how many views I have in so little time ya know?

MonStar1023
04-02-2002, 11:17 AM

Tuesday, April 2, 2002

Cardio.
No cardio today.
Diet.
Meal 1: 4 hot wings + coffee + Equal + heavy whipping cream + 1 tbsp. peanut butter

Meal 3: 1 can tuna + 1 tbsp. mayo + coffee + Equal + heavy whipping cream

Postworkout: 2 servings whey protein + 1 tbsp. flax seed oil + heavy whipping cream

Refeed Meal: 2 servings whey protein + 2 cups skim milk + Macaroni & Cheese + low-fat cookies + Gatorade + low-fat coffee cakes + candy

... :drooling::drooling: Wow refeed meal I was STUFFED like a damn turkey. Holy f*cking hell was my stomach packed with f*cking food! Felt like I was going to spew it all up the entire time. Tasted good at first but after a while I was just dumping in the food and it was actually really disgusting. Oh well. Ate my Mac & Cheese and then some Skittles and Jolly Ranchers along with some Gatorade etc.

Refeed Meal came out to the following...
2400 calories, 110g protein, 420g carbs, 26g fat

... Jesus I was PACKED with food here. 2500 calories in one f*cking meal. Holy sh*t. After I ate this huge meal I almost puked it all up. Really need to cut it down big time to 2000 calories. I should be fine with that. I honestly felt like I was going to barf it all back up afterwards.. :(:( Not too good of a feeling.
Overall Comments.
Dont feel too bad today. Woke up kind of late but got my sleep which was really good, for me at least. Looking forward to my back workout today.
Pain/Soreness.
:cry::cry: Chest and triceps are KILLING me! Chest is hurting like insanely and triceps just have deep muscle soreness. My traps are actually a little sore somehow. I have no idea how at all but theyre hurting! My front delts are also aching badly. Must just be the flat BB presses my front delts usually arent sore at all, and if they are not this badly!
Sleep.
7 hours sleep last night. Slept okay I guess. Woke up a few times actually I am not sure why. Just woke up.
Supplements.
With Meal 1: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 50 mg. zinc + 1 Adrenalin

Preworkout: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx + 500 mg. ALA

With Refeed Meal: 1 serving SyntheVol 2 + 1 serving CytoVol + 1 serving Phosphaplex + 5g creatine + 5g fish body oils + 2g ginger + 1g alpha-lipoic acid + 800 mg. chromium + 4 V2G + 3 Insulene + 3 Gluco Tech + 2 Agree With Meals + 1 Enzyme Digestant

Training. Back, Biceps, Forearms.
Curl-grip Chins: +30 x 6.5 [***]; +25 x 6.5 [***]

... Great 2 sets of chins. First set I strapped on 30 lbs. Kept my form good really arched my back hard and everything like that. Squeezed the f*ck out of my lats. Big time. Really hit my lats and midback hard. Used a closer grip probably a little further in than shoulder width. Second set I used 25 lbs. and got the same # of reps. Wierd thing was that I used a much wider underhand grip. I think that this limited my ROM a tad but I still felt it hard in my lats. This really kinda made me mad but nothing too big of a deal. Need to stick with these weights next week until it becomes easy for me.

Incline Underhand Machine Rows: 180 x 7.5 [***]; 160 x 8 [***]

... Wow this exercise was INCREDIBLE. Really got some incredible contractions in my lats. Squeezed the hell out of them throughout both sets. Used an underhand grip that I was planning on using. First set I did 180 lbs. for 7.5 reps. Really squeezed my back hard on every single rep. Going to add a little weight next Tuesday, see how my body handles that. Second set was also very very intense, along with some great back contractions. Overall sets was excellent.

Crossbench Dumbbell Pullovers: 65 x 7 [***]

... This set was pretty good. Intense, but I had a little but of a struggle feeling it in my lats. I felt it under my arms in my lats but my chest was contracted the entire set so my chest was kind of hurting. Exercise seemed to pump my back and chest up. Good set though. Really stretched out my back and entire upper body basically at the bottom of each rep. This felt really good. Good overall set.

Seated V-bar Pulldowns: 185 x 7.5 [***]

... Wow great set here. Used 185 lbs. as you can see. This exercise really really really hammered my lats. Big time. Contractrions were out of this world! Never had back contractions that hard. Really squeezed the hell out of my lats. Great set. Kept my back arched the entire set and my ROM really really good.

Standing Barbell Curls: 120 x 5.5 [***]; 110 x 7 [***]

... Wow 2 CRAZY intense sets. First set I used 120 and I only got 5.5 reps. This pissed me off so f*cking much. My biceps were obviously burnt out from all of my back exercises. Really was pissed about this though. Wanted to get at least 6, maybe 7. Anyway INTENSE sets, good biceps contractions. Second set I did 110 for 7, not really 7 though my 7th rep was ALL BACK! Totally flung the weight up like a godd*mn a*shole.

Incline Alternating Dumbbell Hammer Curls: 30 x 8.5 [***]

... Wow intense set here! Beat the f*ck outta my brachioradialis. Squeezed my forearms hard as f*ck at the top of each repetition. Really hammered my biceps and brachialis too. Nice and slow contractions really pumping up my forearms etc.

Standing Barbell Reverse Curls: 85 x 8.5 [***]

... Good exercise here. Kept my elbows in tight throughout the entire
movement. Great forearm exercise though. My brachioradialis was already beat up from the incline hammers and this just totally flamed them 100%. Good vascularity in my forearms though throughout this set, my girlfriend commented on it.

Overhand Barbell Static Holds: 315 x :08 [***]

... Wow first time doing these! I thought that I was going to be able to 405!! Put on 315 and tried it with an overhand grip in the power rack and damn my forearms were beat down! Grip gave out quickly. Used 315 for my workset and my girlfriend timed me. Eight seconds for 315, wow really kind of confused with this weight. Going to keep 315 next week and see if I can get 10 seconds maybe.
Training Length.
Training today was a little longer than usual, lasted 45 minutes. Great intensity though.
Water.
Pretty good amount today, definitely not enough after and during refeed meal though. I felt like I was going to vommit so I couldnt drink anything, I just went to bed.
Weight.
Preworkout today, clothed, without shoes, I weighed 201 lbs. This is good dropped a few lbs. since yesterday.

johnny123
04-02-2002, 11:41 AM
i see you take an enzyme digestant. what does it contain and how do you feel it benefits you ? thanks!

MonStar1023
04-02-2002, 12:55 PM
johnny123-
The enzyme digestant is basically just a general type of food digestant, I take GNC's brand. Seems to work well with ginger and Agree With Meals to relieve bloatedness and discomfort that I get from a 2000+ calorie meal. If you want to check out the ingredients theyre on page 1 of this journal, the 2nd post, describes pretty much everything that I am doing.

Marcel
04-03-2002, 01:47 AM
... :drooling::drooling: Wow refeed meal I was STUFFED like a damn turkey. Holy f*cking hell was my stomach packed with f*cking food! Felt like I was going to spew it all up the entire time. Tasted good at first but after a while I was just dumping in the food and it was actually really disgusting. Oh well. Ate my Mac & Cheese and then some Skittles and Jolly Ranchers along with some Gatorade etc.

2500 calories, 110g protein, 445g carbs, 26g fat

... Jesus I was PACKED with food here. 2500 calories in one f*cking meal. Holy sh*t.

LMMFAO!!! I too am going back to the NHE. I felt better on it overall and I miss my bagels and frozen yogurt damnit!!! LMAO! Oh yea check out the article over at testosterone.net on overall calories and digestive enzymes. I'm gonna post a link to it in the diet forum. Aight bro laterz. :cool:

MonStar1023
04-03-2002, 07:43 AM
Marcel-
Lol now man but last night I felt like I was going to THROW UP! Like seriously. I either need to eat my refeed meal over the course of like an hour or just do something. Because eating 2500 calories in like 15-25 minutes is just a killer on my stomach. I feel like I am going to puke it all back up. Hopefully spreading it out will relieve some of the killer vommit feelings...

MonStar1023
04-03-2002, 11:45 AM

Wednesday, April 3, 2002

Cardio.
Before Meal 1: 20 minutes stationery bike; alternating 1 minute level 6 with one minute level 8.
Diet.
Meal 1: Italan sausage + coffee + Equal + heavy whipping cream

Meal 2: green salad + Italian dressing + 1 tbsp. peanut butter + coffee + Equal + heavy whipping cream

Meal 4: 1 tbsp. peanut butter
Overall Comments.
Woke up this morning tired, and full of gas. :fart::fart: I am assuming that its from the refeed meal last night haha. Totally blowing my girlfriend away. Kind of funny actually.
Pain/Soreness.
:cry::cry: Totally aching all over the place. Holy sh*t I am just screaming literally. My chest has never been so sore, my lats and midback are FLAMED completely. Deep muscle soreness. Biceps and triceps and forearms, all beat DOWN! Jesus.
Sleep.
8 hours sleep last night. Slept well I guess. Just fell right asleep after my carbup meal because I felt like I was going to puke.
Supplements.

With Meal 1: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 50 mg. zinc

With Meal 3: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 1 Adrenalin

Training. Rest.

Training Length.
Am SO F*CKING SORE today I am so glad that I have today off. Wow what a relief.
Water.
Took in a pretty good amount. Need to really keep it up. Especially with my low intake of carbs.
Weight.
Didnt weigh in today.

CBates
04-03-2002, 11:56 AM

Holy shiat!! You ate that much food at one sitting? My stomach would hurt so bad from eating so much at one sitting, I wouldn't be able to do anything else the rest of the day.

MarshallPenn
04-03-2002, 12:51 PM

All I can say is that you must like to torture yourself. No food one day (tiny little stomach shrinks up even more) then the next... BOOM the atomic bomb of all meals complete w/ Jolly Rancher and Gatorade to boot.

Mostar, you worry me. But I think you already know this. :)

MWB
04-03-2002, 03:07 PM
Monstar there is no way you need to eat 2400 cals in one sitting. You yourself said it makes you uncomfortable. That alone should tell you something. Spread it out over 3-6 or even 12 hours.

MonStar1023
04-03-2002, 09:45 PM
CBates-
Yeah bro youre telling me! That is a sh*tload of f*cking food you have no damn idea. I feel like I am going to puke it all back up like completely. Its just ridiculous but it kills my cravings for days and gives me something to look forward to when I do crave something.

MarshallPenn-
Haha I must like to torture myself. Who knows, my girlfriend thinks that me working out all the time is me torturing myself completely. I dont know whatever I am just trying to get results. Thats all that matters to me.

MWB-
I dont know I mean it may not be necessary for me to eat 2400 calories in one sitting but I like feeling completely full, just totally pigged out like I binged, just makes me eliminate all my cravings and everything like that. Seems to do more benefit with soreness and everything like that than harm.

MarshallPenn
04-04-2002, 06:58 AM
Monstar - What I mean by you must like to torture yourself is that you must know all this dieting and personally keeping the supplement industry afloat are in no way necessary to get the results you want. Starving yourself and having cravings is not a good thing, both physically and mentally.

So I think that either you know that, and you just enjoy all this because you entertain yourself thinking about all this stuff, or you really don't know it and think that you really have to put yourself through this torture to get results. (Lately, your comments have indicated the later - like "pizza is not diet food". Of course it is!)

I would suggest two things - one is read up on some eastern philosophy. The concept of trying less is a wonderful one. You may find you acheive results much quicker this way.

Secondly, find someone who has the results you want (which includes living the lifestyle you'd LIKE to live, food and all) and emulate their behavior. Notice BigChaseyChase packing on the pounds of muscle like a maniac, ask him what he's doing!

MonStar1023
04-04-2002, 09:51 AM
MashallPenn-
I have to commend you on an excellent post bro, completely excellent. Seriously. Anyway this is the lifestyle I want. I mean I know that it sounds crazy but cutting back for a few days and then pigging out is exactly the way that I like to do it. Its basically what I have done for the past 6 years.

I used to stick to a low/moderate carb diet and then every few days I would take a few hours or maybe even a day off and pig out. I would gain a little bit of fat but the day after a pig out, I would have incredible strength and pumps etc. in the gym. I was getting great results, and the results that I wanted. What more can you ask for?

NHE is an awesome diet and it gives awesome results. Maybe fat loss more than straight up mass gains but I think that NHE can be done in way that will help muscle gains. I think.

... Finally hit 3000 views. Haha I dont even know how my views are so f*cking high. What is BigChaseyChase doing differently then me?

CBates
04-04-2002, 09:57 AM
Secondly, find someone who has the results you want (which includes living the lifestyle you'd LIKE to live, food and all) and emulate their behavior. Notice BigChaseyChase packing on the pounds of muscle like a maniac, ask him what he's doing! [/B]

Good post to try to help MS out, but I don't really think taking over habits of somebody else is the way to go. Eating or training. Everybodys body is so different, that BigChaseyChase could eat 4000 calories a day and stay pretty lean and gain muscle, where if I ate that many calories I'd blow up like a fat hippopotamus.

MonStar1023
04-04-2002, 10:08 AM
CBates-
Yeah I am the same way bro, if I eat a lot over my maintenace calories Ill definitely pack on the lard pounds. Totally pathetic metabolism. Really frustrating actually. Did you used to be fat man your arms looked jacked as f*cking hell in your pic.

MonStar1023
04-04-2002, 10:11 AM
... BigChaseyChase isnt on any kind of anabolics or anything like that? 4000+ calories a day and not getting fat seems a little extreme.

:eek::eek:

MonStar1023
04-04-2002, 10:12 AM

Thursday, April 4, 2002

Cardio.
Postworkout: 10 minutes treadmill; 4.0 MPH @ a 12% incline.

... My girlfriend wanted to hit up the treadmill for a few minutes so I had to do it with her. :angel::angel:
Diet.
Meal 1: coffee + Equal + heavy whipping cream + 1 tbsp. peanut butter

Meal 3: green salad + tuna salad + vinegar + cheese + olives

Meal 4: BBQ pork rinds

Meal 5: green salad + tuna salad + vinegar + cheese + olives

Postworkout: 2 servings whey protein + 1 tbsp. flax oil + heavy whipping cream

Meal 7: 1 tbsp. peanut butter
Overall Comments.
Feel okay today, woke up pretty good I guess, little tired and sore. Nothing too big of a deal. Not really looking forward to heavy squats today but oh well. My Liquid Clenbutrx will jack me up for that so its all good. Heading over to the tatoo parlor today to get my left ear cartilage pierced with a needle... yikes! Hope it doesnt hurt.. :eek::eek:
Pain/Soreness.
Still sore as a motherf*cker today. Chest and triceps are beat down, lats and even traps are mildly sore. Biceps and forearms are still hurting. Cant figure out what the f*ck the problem is with my soreness. Oh well. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Sleep.
7 hours sleep last night. Slept well I guess. Need to get at least seven hours per night.
Supplements.

Training. Quads, Hamstrings, Calves.
Back Squats: 325 x 7.5 [***]; 305 x 8 [***]

... Wow 2 AWESOME s*ts. Havnt done squats in over 2 years and I expected around this kind of weight. Wasnt really sure if I was going to get over 315 or so for 6. Ended up getting 325 which really impressed me. Had the pins set RIGHT at 90 degrees. My girlfriend made sure my form was perfect throughout. Shes so great haha. Anyway great 2 sets. Very intense, especially the second. Started off with 325 and really hammered my lower body. Used a little wider than shoulder width stance. Glutes and hamstrings also were f*cked from these. Great focus, good sets, good ROM, good form. :thumbup::thumbup: Kind of off balance and maybe not going all the way down and touching the pins with 1-2 reps but it was okay. Just really really trying to get the hang of it again.

Leg Presses: 750 x 6.5 [***]; 720 x 8 [***]

... Leg presses were completely great. Not used to this leg press and after 2 heavy sets of squats, my legs were BURNT! I mean completely flamed. Kept my ROM and all that was OKAY, took in a little while to get used to this leg press. My legs were just so exausted I couldnt believe it from the squats. Anyway Ill be used to this new leg press in no time hopefully, well see how things go. Lower body, both quads and hamstrings along with my glutes were all completely exausted. Great sets. Very intense.

Seated Leg Extensions: 220 x 7.5 [***]

... Wow these BEAT DOWN my quads. Not used to this leg ext. machine at all!! Flexed quads very very hard at the top of every single rep. Really squeezed my quads hard at the top. This leg ext. was more declined. Almost lying back around 45 degrees or so. Maybe not that far but you get my point. Not totally sitting upright like I was used to. Great set though, good focus, really hit my quads all the way.

Seated Leg Curls: 180 x 8.5 [***]

... Great set here. Hammered the f*cking hell outta my hamstrings. These are incredible. Lying back more with this machine than my old gym but thats good news. Squeezed my hamstrings hard every single repetition. Really loving this leg curls.

Standing Smith-machine Calf Raises: 270 x 14.5 [***]

... Wow these were good. Real good. Flexed my calves hard at the top of every rep and stretched my calves out real well at the bottom of every rep. Loved this exercise. Kept my form perfect, ROM was good, knees remained locked. Set was flawless. Hit fifteen reps but last rep's ROM was so godd*mn pathetic, that I just counted it as a half rep.

Seated Calf Raises: 250 x 14.5 [***]

... Wow another really really good set. Hammered the f*cking sh*t outta my lower legs. Put on two 45s and two 35s and just started repping it out. Slow though, good slow tough reps, awesome calf contractions. Kept my form good. Didnt use too much of my hands. Used a little bit of my hands but now too much.
Training Length.
Workout today was a little more brief I guess but still a little lengthy for me, lasted 40 minutes today.
Water.
Pretty good amount today, definitely took in enough.
Weight.
Preworkout today, clothed but without shoes, I weighed 200.5 lbs. Want to continually decrease my weight gradually over the next few weeks.

CBates
04-04-2002, 10:12 AM
Yeah, I used to be a pretty big fat @ss. I used to weigh around 240. In the pic you saw of me, was taken around 3 months ago I believe, I was around 170 in the pic.

MonStar1023
04-04-2002, 10:14 AM
CBates-
Wow thats a sh*tload of weight!! What do your upper arms and forearms measure bro? Just curious, I have a feeling your definition is exaggerating their size. Not that theyre small but they look close to 17-18 inches when theyre probably closer to 16" in reality. Its all good though..

;);)

CBates
04-04-2002, 10:15 AM
... BigChaseyChase isnt on any kind of anabolics or anything like that? 4000+ calories a day and not getting fat seems a little extreme.

LOL, I really don't know how many calories he takes in a day, I was just using that as an example. But I do know a few people that do take in 3500+ calories a day and manage to stay under 10% body fat. Not sure if they are on AS or not. They are F'n huge though. I have hard enough time staying under 10% body fat eating 2200 calories a day. Pathetic metabolism..

CBates
04-04-2002, 10:18 AM
CBates-
Wow thats a sh*tload of weight!! What do your upper arms and forearms measure bro? Just curious, I have a feeling your definition is exaggerating their size. Not that theyre small but they look close to 17-18 inches when theyre probably closer to 16" in reality. Its all good though..

;);)

I'm not sure what my forearms are, but my upper arms around right at 16". I know they do look bigger in pictures and in the mirror, but when I measure them they aren't really that big. I guess my small frame just makes them look a lot bigger than they really are.

MonStar1023
04-04-2002, 10:22 AM
CBates-
Yeah man I can relate to a pathetic metabolism dude. Wow haha I binge off one day I gain 5-10 lbs. of TOTAL flab, my abs dissapear, I am just a total blimp. Yeah I figured that your arms are right around 16". Yeah your frame really makes them look massive. Your arms remind me a lot of my own actually. Mine are right around 17" and maybe even 17.5" pumped but they dont look too big because my shoulders are naturally extremely wide and that (1) dwarfs my traps and (2) dwarfs my upper arms. And my forearms are pretty big (around 15 inches or so) so that makes my upper arms look even smaller.

:mad::mad:

MonStar1023
04-04-2002, 10:25 AM
Here is an okay picture of one of my arms flexed.. not bad sorry for the blurriness..

MarshallPenn
04-04-2002, 10:27 AM
Monstar,

I don't know what Chase is doing differently, you would have to ask him. I can only tell you what I am doing differently then you.

In the 7 weeks that I have been following your journal, (since you had everyone on the HST kick), I have noticed that you have switched routines 3+ times and diets twice. Through all that, your bodyweight has not really changed, nor have your strength levels.

In the same time, I've added 8lbs, mostly lean and sent my strength on all my lifts up, in fact way up, to the point where I am starting to pass you in some of your lifts. Yet, I am almost 12yrs older than you, most likely have much more stress than you in my life, sleep less, and have only been lifting just under a year.

What are we doing differently? You constantly agonize over your diet and your routine, whereas I eat whatever the heck I want when I want and I just go into the gym and lift and don't think much about it. Whatever the results are that follows, so be it. There are no cravings ever, and I enjoy my training -- if my lifts are weaker sometimes, big deal. This is a lifestyle for me, it requires NO discipline, I simply enjoy myself.

Think about it, your routine and your diet aren't getting you anywhere these days, unless you like massive soreness, binging, muscle loss, stagnating strength and constantly complaining about all the things just mentioned. I know you are in love with NHE, but think about how much muscle you must have lost on this diet -- you're 35lbs lighter now, and, unless you were obese, you should be ripped at this point, yet your still sitting with a 36" waist! Even Lee Priest only goes 40-50 pounds and look how fat he is offseason! Many people have told you, your "results" from NHE come from the fact that you are eating less than the average squirrel!

I really recommend re-reading your journals (that's what they're there for) and making some serious changes. I find it really hard to believe you wouldn't like to have more muscle, more strength, more eating options and less soreness and depression. I'm sure
you won't take my advice, but you'd be a lot happier I think.

Hoping to see you soon @ 220lbs and ripped. :) :)

MP

MarshallPenn
04-04-2002, 10:37 AM
And again - you're not FAT!!! Look at your damn photo - you look great!

Herc
04-04-2002, 10:38 AM

Remember Chase is 16 and a Testostrone and GH factory right now. He could probably eat 5000 calories and still put on lean weight.

Blood&Iron
04-04-2002, 10:52 AM

I bulk at that or higher(I start at 3000kcal and work up to 4,500 to 5,000 per day.) and usually do pretty well. For short periods, anyway. I haven't bulked for awhile, but usually I put on around 6lbs lbm and 2lb fat per 4-5 week bulking period. Without drugs. And I'm 24.

If you're thinking, "Well, but you're fat." that's just because prior to 4-5 months ago I never dieted for a really extended period of time. Usually, after 1-2 months I would get sick of dieting, say "F*ck this" and go back to bulking. So my bodyfat's pretty much stayed around the same level it was from when I started--although it went down a little.

rookiebldr
04-04-2002, 11:05 AM
And again - you're not FAT!!! Look at your damn photo - you look great!

Yep, I have to agree. The weight and fat that you comment on with your waist has got to be just the 2400 cals of food sitting in your stomach and gut. tuttut Don't just count the inches, but the look at the cuts on your abs. Are you just naturally large around the waist due to muscles?

Originally posted by Herc
Remember Chase is 16 and a Testostrone and GH factory right now. He could probably eat 5000 calories and still put on lean weight.

MonStar is about 2 years older, his Testostrone and GH should be racing away as well.

MarshallPenn
04-04-2002, 11:09 AM
I believe that Monstar's should be peaking right now even higher than Chase's, and certainly in a different zip-code than mine.

=w=
04-04-2002, 12:33 PM
I binge off one day I gain 5-10 lbs. of TOTAL flab, my abs dissapear, I am just a total blimp.

That is physiologicaly impossible - it is water.

Many people have told you, your "results" from NHE come from the fact that you are eating less than the average squirrel!

The fact that he doesnt eat anything and the water loss from no carbs are what his "results" are. Not to mention the fact that he baloons up after his disproportionate carb up meal then sheds the water magnifying the illusion of true weight loss from week to week.

MarshallPenn
04-04-2002, 01:28 PM
And Monstar, one other thing I don't get... your binges could not possibly be over 2500 calories, so what the hell is the difference between one of your binges, which you practically kill yourself when they happen, and your carb-up meal? I'm lost.

Jane
04-04-2002, 02:39 PM
Well, he has gotten results. About 30 pounds I believe, and several inches off the waist. I say go with what works for you Monstar, if you feel a need to experiment later or start to stagnate, you have options to explore. But with cutting as hard as it is, I think it's good that you've found something that is not too difficult and works.

MarshallPenn
04-04-2002, 03:30 PM
Jane, cutting is not difficult, are you serious?. You just eat less. Now when your eating ~1000 calories a day, like our good friend Monstar, it's a walk in the park.

Losing 30+ pounds isn't automatically a GOOD thing. Muscle goes with that as well if not lost properly. Furthermore, I'm commenting on his lack of progress over the past 7 weeks. Coming back to a 1000-1500 calorie a day diet is not the answer IMO. You should be able to whip yourself into contest shape in 8 weeks, so if Monstar's goal is to get that ripped - it's not happening for him right now. If his goal is to gain strength - it's not happening for him right now. If his goal is to gain LM, it's not happening for him right now. That's why I'm trying to help him out Jane. :)

PowerManDL
04-04-2002, 03:44 PM
He's got a point. Par Deus could probably elaborate on the nutritional/biochemcial angle a lot more than I can at the moment, but basically calories that low are going to push the body into starvation mode.

You'll lose weight all right, but a whoooooole lot of muscle, and its going to become asymptotically harder to lose more as your metabolism slows due to loss of muscle and the hormonal reaction. Additionally, its going to become a lot harder to return to normal caloric levels without extreme fat retention.

Best bet is to keep the muscle and work with the body's fat metabolizing process in diet and training.

MonStar1023
04-04-2002, 09:54 PM
MarshallPenn-
Thanks a lot for the kind words man. I really appreciate it. Okay with the 35 lbs. I lost from NHE, none of it was muscle. If it was muscle, then somehow I managed to get stronger in every single damn exercise. And I mean up 10-40 lbs. even 50-60 lbs. higher in some cases. Depending on the exercise obviously. Anyway NHE is great diet dude and even though I have been on and off of it, I think that this last NHE journal will prove NHE successfulness. I hope that youll keep checking out my journal and lemme know your opinions and everything like that. And again congrats with your good results with your training man! Its hard to believe that you dont follow any kind of diet or anything like that.

What you asked me about carbing up vs. binging there really isnt much of a difference. Except that on binge days I eat binge meals all day long. Probably 5-10 huge binge meals. I wouldnt be surprised if I took in 7500-10000 calories on a binge day.

rookiebldr-
Yeah man I dont know whatsup with my waist. I measure right at the naval and right now I am right around 36 inches. Really pissing me off big time. And I do mean BIG time! Want to really drop my waistline down to around 33-34 inches and really add some cuts etc. to my stomach and everything like that.

=w=-
Whatsup man? I definitely dont think that I am magnifying my results at all. The results speak for themselves. If my strength decreases on NHE you can let me know. I know that lately my calories have been low but NHE is all about now counting calories. I am going to just eat every couple of hours like I have been doing. Keeping my carbs down and fat and protein moderate. I mean maybe I stress weight too much and thats bad, okay dude I understand that, but when it comes to the way that I look in the mirror, and my strength in the gym, NHE has worked wonders.

Jane-
Exactly I mean 30 lbs. and inches off of my waist, while increases in strength in the gym, what more could I ask for?

On a final note, I am thinking about maybe just upping my calories on NHE during my downcycle, or no carb phase. Maybe increasing my portions of low-carb foods, etc. I mean this would obviously help me to not go into starvation mode and everything like that. Over the past 7 weeks I got a little happy and tried HST and a CID, both were decent, but I prefer the training I am doing now with NHE thats all. I mean hey whatever blows your hair back.

Celestial
04-04-2002, 09:57 PM
:drooling: :angel: ;) :D :cool: Nice work!

MonStar1023
04-04-2002, 09:59 PM
Celestial-
Thanks a lot, really appreciate it. My girlfriend and I are both training and dieting pretty hard for summertime. Trying to get in shape and everything like that.

Celestial
04-04-2002, 10:07 PM
GOOD JOB!!! Thats so RAD you guys do it together. When I see couples come into the gym together, I think its so cute!

MonStar1023
04-04-2002, 10:12 PM
Celestial-
Yeah haha shes my girl, I end up going through all of her exercises with her and counting all of her reps and everything like that and then Ill go through my workout and she'll write everything down. Haha its a lot of fun I think. I really make sure that I am going all out kind of to impress her even though we have been together almost a year and a half now. Haha still gotta impress..

;);)

Celestial
04-04-2002, 10:31 PM
I need to find me one of you's! Hahahaha

MonStar1023
04-04-2002, 11:42 PM
Haha whatever you say. Its all good, keep up the good work you really made an amazing transformation, very impressive.

PowerManDL
04-05-2002, 07:41 AM
Celestial, tell me you did not just say "rad"

Why don't you get an AquaNet perm and start touring with Poison?

MonStar1023
04-05-2002, 08:29 AM
Haha.. I just read Severed Ties article on the sickness of low carb diest and maybe I really am f*cking up big time. I mean he talks about downfall after downfall after downfall.

... Click here (http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=67) for the link to Severed Ties carb bashing article. He brings up somee very interesting points in my opinion.

MS

MonStar1023
04-05-2002, 08:53 AM
Quote taken directly from Severed Ties article...
It would seem that low carb plans are not the best course of action and high carb plans certainly are not the answer. So the best plan lies somewhere in the middle, with the starting point being a good balance of all macronutrients. Calorie and carb rotation, insulin and leptin manipulation, as well as other advanced dieting techniques are beyond the scope of this article but the information provided should provide the necessary foundation for planning, building, and implementing an effective diet. Remember just because something is extreme does not mean it is effective, and just because something is effective does not mean it is extreme. At the most basic level proteins are the building blocks of all cells, carbohydrates are the energy system, and fats form the hormonal foundation which great bodies are built upon; all primary requirements for maximum results. There is no universal plan, but there are guidelines, when these guidelines are adapted into your individual lifestyle there is no other option than success.

I mean obviously its tough to read about how bad low carb diets are and then stick with a low carb diet and everything like that. Its tough I am sure that all of you know this. Reading about how bad the diet that actually works for you is. But I am not going to change my mind unless NHE proves not to work for me. Obviously you can take any diet and list the downfalls and downfalls and downfalls. Look at Weight Watchers! They give their dieters ice cream packed with sugar and low in fat which we all know is terrible and people lose weight like crazy. My aunt lost 20-25 lbs. my Mom has lost weight with them before. Dont get me wrong theyre not bodybuilders but a less than completely optimal diet gave them excellent results.

I have two goals right now for the next few months, the first being to (1) lost the last bit of bodyfat around my stomach and increase definition all over a tad, and the second being to (2) gradually increase my strength levels in the gym. Last time I did NHE both of these goals were not only attainable, and attained, but they were attained fairly quickly.

... Severed Ties also goes in depth talking about postworkout recovery and all that. How bad a lowcarb diet is at doing this. Its really amazing actually. Kind of proves why I am so damn sore!!

MS

MarshallPenn
04-05-2002, 09:56 AM
MS - I've been trying to tell you this. I was hoping you would read the article, but I didn't want to keep pushing the point. If you search the web on health risks of the Atkins diet, you'll find much more info about this. If you were to eat a healthier, more balanced diet, but with the same number of total calories, you would find your weight lost results would most likely be exactly the same.

Remember this as well, BF% drops as lean mass increase. You really do look good these days, even if you have some extra around the waist, as you claim. You actually might want to think about eating slightly *above* maintenance (which for you will be pretty low cal right now) and start adding some muscle which would in turn help you lean out that extra little bit, AND in time, your metabolism might start to pick itself up and you can eat more as well. Psychologically, I think you should be eating more of the foods you enjoy (as long as they're mostly healthy) and not eat the exact same thing every day.

On a side note, I'm jealous of your lower metabolism. It would mean a much lower food bill for me.

Once we get this straightened out, I'll get you back on HST hehe. ;-). Cycle number 2 coming up in about 2 weeks. So far, I've raised my squat almost 75lbs, my SLDL almost 100lbs and my incline DB Press from the 80lb DB's to the 95lb DB's all in 7 weeks -- and all my lifts have seen similar gains. I'll keep you posted.

MP

MonStar1023
04-05-2002, 10:31 AM
MashallPenn-
Wow dude very impressive results on HST. I am definitely impressed, I was getting okay results while doing NHE and HST together actually. Its all good though. I am going to stick with my routine word for word for a long time. Well see what happens with it. I think that I will achieve awesome results with my routine now. Once per week really incorporating all compound basic exercises with some really really low volume. I cant imagine now acheiving great results to be completely honest. :D:D

MS

MonStar1023
04-05-2002, 10:38 AM

Friday, April 5, 2002

Cardio.
Didnt do any cardio today.
Diet.
Meal 1: coffee + Equal + heavy whipping cream + 2 tbsp. peanut butter

Meal 3: coffee + Equal + heavy whipping cream + 1 can tuna + 1 & 1/2 tbsp. mayo

Meal 4: green salad + pepperoni + cheese + tuna salad

Postworkout: 2 servings whey protein + 1 tbsp. flax seed oil

Refeed Meal: low-fat pancakes + maple syrup + cheese pretzels + 1 & 1/2 cups skim milk + 2 servings whey protein + Gatorade + candy

... Damn refeed meal sure was TASTY! Loved it. Ate some cheese flavored pretzels that were low in fat and high in carbs. Also ate some low-fat pancakes. Very tasty! Anyway didnt GORGE myself completely like last time. Dropped my calories down to 2000 instead of my usual 2500. Everything was really tasty and not sickening etc.

2000 calories, 65g protein, 400g carbs, 13g fat

... Everything came out good. Definitely lower in protein than last time. Oh well not too big of a deal I dont think. As long as I have some whey protein in there my insulin spike should be sufficient. Anyway everything went well with this refeed meal.
Overall Comments.
Feel good today, REALLY looking forward to my delt and trap workout. Wow I cant wait to get into the power rack and hit up some BTN presses and partial deads today. Looking forward to it BIG TIME! Finally up to 4000 views. Haha crazy sh*t. Wow nice weather out lately. I have been on Spring break this past week and I am loving the sunny days every single day. :D:D Wow really really am dissapointed in my forearms and biceps measurements. I dont even know why but I was messing around with the tape measure and my girlfriend measured by forearms flexed, non-pumped, at 15.5 inches. My upper arms flexed and non-pumped were only 16 inches! My upper arms used to be 17-17.5 inches pumped up etc. Really dissapointing but oh well. Thighs through my jeans were around 24.75 inches I am guessing around 24 inches or so without clothes in between.
Pain/Soreness.
Soreness has really started to wear down finally. At least in my upper body, my lower body is royally horse f*cked but other than that I am okay. Quads and hamstrings and glutes are f*cking KILLED, but my chest is getting better, delts are okay, traps are fine, and lats are really almost not sore at all. Mild soreness in my upper body but my workout today should be fine.
Sleep.
8 hours sleep last night. Slept okay. Got my cartilage pierced yesterday so I couldnt sleep on one side which kinda bothered me throughout the night.
Supplements.

With Refeed Meal: 1 serving SyntheVol 2 + 1 serving CytoVol + 1 serving Phosphaplex + 5g creatine + 5g fish body oils + 2g ginger + 1g alpha-lipoic acid + 800 mg. chromium + 4 V2G + 3 Insulene + 3 Gluco Tech + 2 Agree With Meals + 1 Enzyme Digestant

Training. Delts, Traps, Abs.
Seated Behind-neck Presses: 145 x 6 [***]; 135 x 7 [***]

... These were done in the power rack. Set pins level with the top of my neck maybe around ear level or a little lower. Touched the pins on almost every repetition. Holy f*cking sh*t. Damn was I PISSED OFF here. Jesus I was going psycho. :redface::redface: I was planning on doing a good 160 or 165 today. Not a f*cking pathetic 145. What a damn joke!! Oh well Ill just have to suck it up and deal. I am hoping that Ill be able to handle some of this lack of strength with some postworkout complex carbs (oatmeal) starting next week. Anyway sets were all out, just pathetic. First set was intense as hell. Struggled like CRAZY to get those last few reps. Last rep was ALL OUT!! Intense as f*cking hell. Second set was the same way, just completely intense as f*cking hell.

One-arm Dumbbell Side Laterals: 30 x 10 [***]

... Good set here. Good side delt contractions with a pretty good amount of weight I guess. Definitely going to 32.5s next week without question. But anyway definitely hit failure today at ten reps. Went and went and went thuoght that I was going to get 11 but my delts completely fried the f*ck out at 10. No questions asked.

Lying One-arm Dumbbell Laterals: 25 x 9.5 [***]

... Another good set here. Lying laterals f*cked up my rear delts completely. Squeezed my rear delts hard at the top of every single rep. Form stayed really really good throughout the entire set. Really hammered the f*cking hell outta my delts. ROM was excellent, form was great, intensity and focus were good too. Need to increase the weight, going for the 27.5s next week no doubt.

Partial Deadlifts: 365 x 6 [***]; 325 x 8 [***]

... These are done from knee level, with a mixed grip. Pins were set at level 20. Right at about knee level. Damn INTENSE as f*cking hell! :cool::cool: Totally going crazy here. Felt like I was pulling my damn arms out of the socket. Obviously didnt use pus*y straps because I am into grip/forearm work so it was quite a grip workout. Pulled 365 for 6 reps. Good form and everything like that went down every rep and touched the pins at the bottom. Going to try and slowly increase on these from week to week. These SLAMMED my traps both upper and middle along with the back of my neck. All aching like crazy after the first set. Traps were BEAT! Lower back a little hurting, glutes, and even my back was getting torn up. :(:(

Dumbbell Shrugs: 100 x 8 [***]

... Great set of DB shrugs here. Wow completely intense with some GREAT form and ROM. My range of motion here was definitely as much as possible. Squeezed my traps hard at the top of every rep and really stretched them out good at the bottom of every single rep. Got 8 reps today. Cant increase past 102.5s thats as high as my gym goes..

Machine Crunches: 150 x 15 [***]; 140 x 14.5 [***]

... Wow CRAZY a*s ab contractions here. Never done machine crunches before. Completely squeezed the living f*cking hell outta my abs. Every rep was just so physically exausting. My abs were just throbbing throughout the entire set. Squeezed my midsection hard as f*ck throughout both sets. Great ab exercise here. :thumbup::thumbup:
Training Length.
Today my workout lasted 45 minutes. Pretty brief I guess need to concentrate on keeping it under an hour, no matter what.
Water.
Pretty good amount today, especially during my workout. Carried around a gallon of water and sipped on it the entire time.
Weight.
Preworkout today, clothed, without shoes, I weighed 199 lbs. Felt good about my weight today.

MarshallPenn
04-05-2002, 11:18 AM
Monstar - Funny story about piercing the cartilage. My friend did mine for me with a sewing needle, and he was pushing so hard to try to get it through that the dull end of the needle went through his thumb instead! We had to pull the thing out of his hand! Nevertheless, eventually we got it through. Sleeping was tough for a few days. FYI - mine's been out for more than 10yrs. No long term damage.

MP

Franco
04-05-2002, 11:33 AM
Hey Mike,

How low are the lowest pin holes in the rack?

ericg
04-05-2002, 12:00 PM
MS

Hey man, you have had some awesome results with NHE. You have said it yourslef many many times. I suggest you just stick with it until you reach your goals.

One thing though is that when/if you ever get off of the NHE plan you may want to bump your cals. Looking at what you eat, it seems like you take in no more than 2000 cals on your non refeed days. FYI, I weigh 195 (was 210) and I eat about 2400-2500 calories a day (your refeeds are about the same) and I have been losing weight at about 1-2lbs per week. My point is if you come off of the NHE your metabolism may be shot from eating soo little cals? Im not sure about this, I do think it would be something for you to think about.

MonStar1023
04-05-2002, 12:26 PM
MarshallPenn-
Crazy a*s story man. Yeah needle didnt end up hurting really. If it hurt at all. Like the way that it looks though.

FAngel-
My pins go down to about 4-6 inches off of the floor, so its all good. Loving the power rack baby!! ;);)

MS

MonStar1023
04-05-2002, 01:03 PM
ericg-
Excellent point man, yeah I might do that. I know that my calories are really low on non refeed days. Probably around 1800-2200 or something along those lines. Pretty dramatic huh? I will probably end up bumping my calories big time when I finally go off of NHE, and youre right you should stick with what works and if NHE is what works for me, so be it. Theres no reason that I should go off of it I dont think. :thumbup::thumbup:

MS

Franco
04-05-2002, 01:14 PM
Sounds good on the rack.

So are you one of the very few that actually use the rack or is there are fair contingent that actually squat there.

MarshallPenn
04-05-2002, 01:19 PM
MS - Let me know how much heavy cream you use in a day. I don't think you're even up near the 2000 mark. You might want to just bump up some for now so the transition isn't as severe.

MonStar1023
04-05-2002, 01:28 PM
FAngel-
Haha unfortunately dude my gym is more of a powerlifting gym. Its the local YMCA and there are around 5-7 guys there who STRICTLY powerlift. Basically just deads and squats. So I am f*cked when it comes to when I can use it. Try and get into the power rack asap when I get to the gym etc. Gets kind of frustrating though after a while.

MarshallPenn-
I dont know how much I use, probably 5-7 tbsp. per day. Maybe 1-1.5 with each cup of coffee and then some with my protein shake postworkout usually. I dont know depends on the day man. I might be under 2000 calories I dont know. :cool::cool:

MS

MarshallPenn
04-05-2002, 01:56 PM
MS - Looks like you're doing 200-300 cals a meal, 5 times a day. That brings you out to 1000-1500 cals. Very low. I'm sure that if you stay on this schedule you're goal weight will come very soon. Still I'm concerned about loss of LM - just because your strength isn't being affected doesn't mean you're not losing muscle. So be careful. Powerman had some good comments above. Hey, and take it easy on the refeed tonight - don't make yourself sick! :) :)

CBates
04-05-2002, 04:33 PM
Powerman did have some good comments about what he said.. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, eating really low calories, around 1800-2000 a day for a year straight, beside a few cheat days. I used to be able to maintain on around 2700-2800 calories, just 6 days ago I bumped my calories up to that again, eating clean too, and I've put on a pretty good amount of fat on my stomach. My body got so used to eating very low calories, when bumping them back up it shocked the hell out of my metabolism. The only way to get things back to normal it take a pretty good amount of fat gain. I haven't had this much fat on my stomach in a very long time, and it's hard as hell to eat like this seeing all my results of cutting for so long go down the drain. But only thing I can do to get my metabolism going again though. I'd really suggest starting adding calories to your diet slowly because unless you do, your setting yourself of for a pretty big fat gain when you start eating "normal" again.

Jane
04-05-2002, 05:29 PM
CBates and Monstar...I've been where you're at as well and I remember how much I hated feeling like I was blowing up. Looking back now though, a lot of it was water and most of it was nothing to worry about. Really. I made SUCH a big deal over the disapearring abs thing and seeing "everything go down the drain" that I started an emotional eating pattern over nothing. Really, it's nothing. You've been doing this what, a week now CBates? That's nothing. You'll be fine.

MonStar1023
04-06-2002, 12:31 AM
Thanks for all of the replies everyone. There isnt really much left to say. I am thinking about, actually most likely going to, add 1/2 -1 cup of oatmeal postworkout. Since I am allowed up to 60g of carbs per day on non-refeed days I cant imagine this being any kind of problem. All of my other foods during my low carb days are 0-2g of carbs. This shouldnt be a problem. I just cant decide between a 1/2 or a full cup of oatmeal. Want complex carbs no doubt, but since there is a lot of fiber I am thinking that Ill be okay with a full cup. This way Ill get a little glycogen replenishment postworkout, I know how important it is for strength gains and recovery etc. :cool::cool:

... Obviously if/when I do this I would definitely move my 1/2 gram of ALA to postworkout rather than preworkout.

MS

MarshallPenn
04-06-2002, 05:38 AM
Monstar - I think you would be better off with some juice, or something with a high GI post-workout. I'm not sure about that though to be honest.

MonStar1023
04-06-2002, 07:16 AM
MarshallPenn-
Really? I dont think so, simply because that would be the only carbs that I would be taking in all day long. Simple carbs like sugars or fructose would be burnt right off. Fructose or fruit sugar (juice) is especially bad for postworkout. If not complex carbs I would take in dextrose / maltodextrin. :D:D

MS

MonStar1023
04-06-2002, 07:51 AM
... By my thinking is basically that Rob Faigin, the NHE author, continually goes on and on about the importance of keeping insulin levels down during the low-carb phase and up during the refeed meal(s). By taking in a cup of oatmeal or so I think that I will still be okay in regards to keeping my insulin pretty low. With the fiber etc., I dont think my insulin will be stimulated that much. Well have to see how things go. :):)

MS

MarshallPenn
04-06-2002, 08:29 AM
Hey Monstar, question: You said you have Brittany lifting weights, but she's afraid of bulking up. Why exactly is she lifting weights then? I assume she must want to put on some mass, no? If not, you have her on kind of a bodybuilder routine right now, you might want to look more into strength training routines - keep her mass down but up her strength.

MonStar1023
04-06-2002, 08:32 AM
Shes just working out to tone up basically. She wants to get in shape. And I dont think shell get bulky at all unless shes training heavy etc. Shes just high reps around 20 or so per set. Seems to be working good so far well see how it goes. I dont want her to, nor does she want to gain mass or strength, simply definition and maybe fat-loss etc. :D:D

... Even though she doesnt really need to its fun to workout together.

MS

MarshallPenn
04-06-2002, 08:40 AM
I was hoping you wouldn't use the dreaded T word. The whole thing about women no putting on size is a bunch of crap. They do just fine (relative to women) as far as building muscle goes. She'll put on some nice little muscles doing 3 sets of 20 twice a week unless she completely doesn't push herself.

As far as her definition or tone, that's all diet, you know that! So is fat loss. But she doesn't want to gain stength? That's interesting.

MonStar1023
04-06-2002, 08:44 AM
Really? Wow thats an interesting perspective. Usually from everything that I have ever read or even studies that I have ever come across it says that without the use of anabolics most girls will not gain an appreciable amount of of muscle at all. Theyre body's hormone levels arent high enough to gain a lot of muscle. Shes doing 2 sets of 20 hitting each musclegroup twice a week. I know that definition has to do with diet dude. But I am saying thats the reason shes working out, not to gain size or strength. :cool::cool:

MS

MarshallPenn
04-06-2002, 09:02 AM
I used to workout at an expensive gym full of old ladies and they all without fail had some pretty nice musculature from all the light weight and high volume, but none of them were very strong. What type of body is she going for? I honestly have never heard anyone say they wouldn't like to be stronger.

But, I really am confused when women say they don't want to get bigger yet they lift weights -- it makes absolutely no sense at all. It's cool that you guys enjoy workout out together, my girfriend and I do the same, but she's doing HST with me on the same cycle. Look out dude, she's catching you on the leg press - she just passed the 500lb mark. It's fun to watch her ask to work in with guys and then she starts adding plates. Haha. :)

MonStar1023
04-06-2002, 09:11 AM
MarshallPenn-
Damn yo your girlfriend is doing 500 lbs. leg presses!? Thats incredible my girlfriend is doing 50 lbs. on the leg press. Haha. I cant imagine her doing that much more. A lot of women lift weights just to tone their muscles. A lot of women (in their late 30s early 40s) worked out with freeweights and most of them, almost all of them, were small and lean. Not really any size just toned etc. ;);)

MS

MarshallPenn
04-06-2002, 09:19 AM
Yup, she's up to 50lb DB presses too. Little by little. Ok, women lift weights to "tone" their muscle. Tone in reference to physiology means to make firmer/bigger or stronger. A women not wanting to do either of those shouldn't be lifting weights b/c one of the two is going to happen! :)

MonStar1023
04-06-2002, 09:21 AM
I dont think so but thats just because I have witnessed completely different transformations in the gym. Any women that workout are always doing squats and all that never gained size or strength. Using the same old weights simply acheiving fat-loss etc. But who knows obviously everyone's opinion is different. :D:D

MS

MarshallPenn
04-06-2002, 09:26 AM
Not really an opinion thing here, just facts. Lifting weights is not a good way to lose fat in and of itself. It serves only two primary functions, to make you stronger or to make you bigger, or both. If you don't want to acheive either of these, please tell me, why would you lift weights then?

MonStar1023
04-06-2002, 09:33 AM
MarshallPenn-
It is more of an opinion thing simply because the same is true for everything. Many people think that cardio is more efficient at fat-loss or weight-loss than weight training. I personally have never ever found this to be true at all. Never. Based on personal experience and from what I have found to be true at gyms etc. People, women especially, who weight train, tend to have leaner, firmer bodies than those that dont weight train and just do cardio or diet. Look at the fitness models. Theyre not big or strong at all. Toned and defined. :cool::cool:

MS

MarshallPenn
04-06-2002, 09:37 AM
That's because they have WAY more muscle than the average woman and have extremely low bodyfat%. Weight training is only more efficient at burning fat if you actually suceed in raising your metabolism by adding muscle. The activity itself simply doesn't burn many calories when comared to x-country skiing. If your girlfriend wants to look loike a fitness model, than she wants to be putting on some serious muscle (for a woman).

MonStar1023
04-06-2002, 09:39 AM
Hehe okay whatever you said dude. Its all good. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

MS

MarshallPenn
04-06-2002, 09:41 AM
Responding back and forth like this is almost like chatting ;-) Anyway, somehow I think you still don't accept what I'm saying as fact. But, like you said, whatever. :)

MonStar1023
04-06-2002, 09:51 AM
Curious man you seem like you know your sh*t what are you stats and everything like that? Like height, weight, measurements, etc. Didnt you say that you just started working out not too long ago?

MarshallPenn
04-06-2002, 10:00 AM
Yeah - I've been workout out just under a year. But I worked out some when I was younger and I have always been very into health and nutrition etc. I've had many friends who are competitors, even at the national level, dated a fitness competitor etc., so bodybuilding has always been something I've been reading up on.

I'm 5'11" 199lbs at last weigh in. No idea what my BF% is, pretty low these days considering I'm bulking. Maybe ~10%? Waist is 32-33 inches, so whatever that works out to be. And oh yeah, forearms are 15" - cuz I know that's your favorite ;-)

Jane
04-06-2002, 10:07 AM
MarshallPenn! Why would a woman lift weights? First of all, when dieting below caloric maintenance levels weight training is ESSENTIAL to preserving muscle mass. I am cutting right now and no I'm not going to get any bigger, but I am getting a little stronger and preserving what I do have. Even at maintenance calorie levels, weight training can help slowly restructure the body to a higher level of lean body mass and lower bf%. Also, your remark on the caloric expenditure during weight training didn't account for the HOURS of raised metabolism that follow one short session. Rebuilding broken down muscle cells takes a lot of calories and raises metabolic activity for far longer than a half hour of cardio, which might add an extra 30 min of raised metabolism.

MarshallPenn
04-06-2002, 10:11 AM
Thanks Jane. You just agreed with everything I said.

MonStar1023
04-06-2002, 10:18 AM
MarshallPenn-
Nice stats bro keep it up. ;);)

Jane-
Yeah exactly thats also another reason that a woman would workout, I didnt even think of the idea of maintaining muscle. :cool::cool:

MS

MarshallPenn
04-06-2002, 10:19 AM
Of course, I did neglect to mention the increased metabolic activity following a weight training session. I think there is some debate as to the degree that this occurs, but at any rate, something that burns far more calories in general would probably still eclipse any rise in metabolic rate that occured after weight training.

MonStar1023
04-06-2002, 10:24 AM
Yeah according to studies after weight training youre burning more calories while your at rest. This seems true if you ask me. :D:D

MS

MarshallPenn
04-06-2002, 10:24 AM
Thanks Monstar, hopefully I'll keep making some nice progess. It's hard when I feel like an old man sometimes. Sebi's doing pretty well for himself, how old is he?

MonStar1023
04-06-2002, 10:27 AM
This was posted by Blood&Iron in a PM, just trying to get some opinions on carbs postworkout while following NHE.

"I still think dextrose/maltodextrin would be a better choice. One big insulin spike is not going to make or break your diet. I think the negatives are outweighed by the positives it has post-workout. And I'd skip the flax. But go ahead and try oatmeal and flax--but whatever you do, remember you're adding calories which unless you adjust elsewhere will confound your results."
MS

MonStar1023
04-06-2002, 10:28 AM
MarshallPenn-
I think Sebi is in his 30s and yeah he looks damn good! However old her is... :cool::cool:

MS

MarshallPenn
04-06-2002, 10:29 AM
I'd agree with those studies myself as well. I think doing legs 3x week now has made the most dramatic difference in my appetite in terms of weights and metabolism is concerned. Of course it could just be that this workout is more aerobic than my previous ones (it is) and that I do more time on the elliptical to warm up before hand. 5-7 mins opposed to 2.

MonStar1023
04-06-2002, 10:30 AM
Yeah man I remember you talking about how much HST really jacked up your metabolism. You said that I believe, Thorazine said the same, and so did a few other people. I like my program now though. Well see how things go with this, I have a feeling that I am going to be on this program / diet for a WHILE! Finally huh? ;);)

MS

MarshallPenn
04-06-2002, 10:35 AM
Yeah, I think the best thing you can do is stick with something for at least a couple of months or more even. Unless you just have serious problem with a program (pain, injury, whatever). I also think once you make the shift back to "bulking" you'll start to have a better sense if your making good enough progress with what you have.

I'd love to put on 2lbs month for the next 13 months which would put me at 225lbs. It seems like a really lofty goal to me though. Not sure that it's super-realistic.

MonStar1023
04-06-2002, 10:44 AM
Yeah that seems really realistic. F*cking Belial has gained a sh*tload of weight and strength in the past 9-10 months. He went from average/okay strength to a complete monSTAR. I give the guy all the credit in the world hes been bulking for almost a year straight and his lifts are incredible. Hard work + dedication = results. Good luck man. You sticking to HST for another cycle? :D:D

MS

Blood&Iron
04-06-2002, 11:10 AM
This was posted by Blood&Iron in a PM, just trying to get some opinions on carbs postworkout while following NHE.

"I still think dextrose/maltodextrin would be a better choice. One big insulin spike is not going to make or break your diet. I think the negatives are outweighed by the positives it has post-workout. And I'd skip the flax. But go ahead and try oatmeal and flax--but whatever you do, remember you're adding calories which unless you adjust elsewhere will confound your results."
MS
This pretty much addresses the question in your PM:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=post-workout+insulin+Lyle+McDonald+group:misc.fitness.weights&hl=en&selm=3B670C8F.A8566279%40onr.com&rnum=3

MonStar1023
04-06-2002, 11:14 AM
Blood&Iron-
Thanks for the link man Ill definitely check it out and get back to you. :):)

MS

MonStar1023
04-06-2002, 11:14 AM

Saturday, April 6, 2002

Cardio.

... Damn my legs were exausted during my cardio! My legs were sore as f*ck during these and burning like crazy.
Diet.
Meal 1: coffee + heavy whipping cream + Equal + 2 tbsp. peanut butter

... I dont know if it was the 50 mg. of zinc or what but immediately after this meal I felt like I was going to throw up all over the place. My stomach was turning and I just felt so damn sick. :(:(

Meal 3: 1 can tuna + 1 & 1/2 tbsp. mayo

Meal 4: bag of peanuts

Meal 5: 2 servings protein blend + heavy whipping cream + Equal

Meal 6: frozen steak + 2 slices cheese + 1 tbsp. mayo
Overall Comments.
Feel good today. Muscles really feel full which is a difference compared to last night. Hehe. Anyway feel a tad flabby but its the day after a refeed meal so what do you expect I guess. Not too big of a deal really.
Pain/Soreness.
Wow pretty sore today. Quads and hamstrings and glutes are all aching pretty badly. Chest is still a little tiny bit sore, back a little sore still, everything else seems okay. My forearm extensors are actually really sore. Not sure what happened there. Wow rear and side delts are also really sore... Delts are killing me! So are my rotator cuffs.. :cry::cry:
Sleep.
6 hours! sleep last night. Not really sure what the f*ck happened. I just woke the hell up somehow. Totally didnt have to wake up at all, just woke up. Wierd I guess my body was just telling me it was rested.. :confused::confused:
Supplements.

Training. Rest.

Training Length.
Didnt workout today, sore as f*ck.
Water.
Pretty good amount of water I guess. Not too good or bad.
Weight.
Didnt weigh in today, rest day.

MonStar1023
04-06-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Lyle McDonald over @ misc.fitness.weights @ Google. Had to post this guys its an awesome answer to my question.

"Well, let's look at it this way. GH has a relatively small (relative to
hormones like the catecholamines at least) effect on fat loss. It's
really a permissive hormone (permissive meaning it makes other hormones
like the catecholamines work better) in terms of fat loss. Ok, maybe at
high doses in injectable form it's more potent. But in terms of the
body's response to training, it seems to have a fairly minor overall effect.

By contrast, we know for a fact that raising insulin after training
decreases the catabolic effect which helps to minimize muscle loss (this
is on top of better glycogen storage and heightened insulin sensitivity
following training compared to eating carbs at any other time which
means those calories go preferentially into the muscle in the first place).

So you have to compare the two: not raising insulin means GH causes a
minor lipolytic response. Raising insulin shuts down post-workout
catabolism and improves recovery which helps to minimize muscle loss.

In my mind, there's no debate about which is more important or more
valuable. And that goes for fat loss or muscle gain. I simply think
that recovery and decreasing catabolism should have precendence over
just about anything else. If you want to cut carbs from your diet for
fat loss, don't do it after training. That's my opinion anyhow.

Lyle
MS

MonStar1023
04-06-2002, 11:20 AM
Blood&Iron-
Another quick question maybe you can find some info on, what makes dextrose/maltodextrin better, or more beneficial postworkout, than oatmeal or something along those lines? :D:D

MS

Blood&Iron
04-06-2002, 11:24 AM
Blood&Iron-
Another quick question maybe you can find some info on, what makes dextrose/maltodextrin better, or more beneficial postworkout, than oatmeal or something along those lines? :D:D

MS
1)Insulin, as Lyle explains above, is good post-workout.
2)Oatmeal is low-glycemic.
3)Dextrose and maltodextrin are very high-glycemic.

I think you can figure out the rest...

MonStar1023
04-06-2002, 08:11 PM
Blood&Iron-
Haha right man I gotcha. Thanks alot bro for the link again I appreciate it. I wish we could get Lyle to post here @ WBB. I asked him a few times already.

... Just bought some Smarties and some Sweettarts to take postworkout. I will be taking 40g of whey protein and 40g of dextrose + maltodextrin. Around 25g of carbs from Smarties and 15g of carbs from Sweettarts. Smarties are almost pure dextrose and Swettarts 2 main ingredients are dextrose and maltodextrin. :p:p

MS

MonStar1023
04-06-2002, 09:12 PM
I just made up my first set of strength goals. Hehe I have never had strength goals before. To view them, please click here (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?postid=174038#post174038), you can find the link to my strength goals & diet and all that at the top of every jounral entry, I have the links posted. :D:D

MS

PowerManDL
04-06-2002, 09:18 PM
so you're going to update each of your eight journals?

MonStar1023
04-06-2002, 09:21 PM
:confused::confused: I am going to update each of my eight journals for what? I lost you man sorry. These are my current strength goals.. I dont know about my other 8 journals though..

MS

rookiebldr
04-06-2002, 09:24 PM
Blood&Iron-
... Just bought some Smarties and some Sweettarts to take postworkout. I will be taking 40g of whey protein and 40g of dextrose + maltodextrin. Around 25g of carbs from Smarties and 15g of carbs from Sweettarts. Smarties are almost pure dextrose and Swettarts 2 main ingredients are dextrose and maltodextrin. :p:p

MS

Mon, is your 40g of whey and 40g of dextrose+Maltodextin already premixed? If not, why not just add more of the Dextrose + Maltodextrin instead of consuming the smarties and sweettarts? Smarties here have milk chocolate in them, I would suspect that there is a little bit of fat in them as well as the sugar. :cool: :cool:

MonStar1023
04-06-2002, 09:27 PM
rookiebldr-
My 40g of whey is from Cytodyne Cytopro protein and EAS Precision Protein, my dextrose and maltodextrin are coming from Smarties and Swettarts. Smarties main ingredient is dextrose and Swettarts main ingredients are dextrose and maltodextrin. Kind of convenient I guess. Haha here in Delaware, Smarties are pure sugar. No choclate. Tasty too! :p:p

MS

MarshallPenn
04-06-2002, 09:27 PM
Nice strength goals. Keep us posted as you knock off each one. You just barely made it over 1000 calories today Monstar, not to mention that you ate 0 carbs as far as I can see, you're going to go into Ketosis. Check it out.

MonStar1023
04-06-2002, 09:31 PM
MashallPenn-

Meal 1: coffee + heavy whipping cream + Equal + 2 tbsp. peanut butter (300 calories, 6g carbs)

Meal 2: Atkin's choclate bar (160 calories, 1g carbs)

Meal 3: 1 can tuna + 1 & 1/2 tbsp. mayo (300 calories, 1g carbs)

Meal 4: bag of peanuts (410 calories, 10g carbs)

Meal 5: 2 servings protein blend + heavy whipping cream + Equal (200 calories, 6g carbs)
I guess my total calories does come out to extremely low. Came out to approximately ~1350 calories, and around 24g carbs. Looks like I am going downstairs to make some food! :p:p

MS

rookiebldr
04-06-2002, 10:29 PM
Mon, how can you eat so little!!! I at 2600 cals thus far today. I've been hungry all day long and I'm ready for my night time protein drink. I know I worked out today and I've been up since 6:00am but 1300 cals!

It must be the fat, since I guess fills you up better and reduces the hunger. Man, I'd love to have the whip cream that your having.

MonStar1023
04-06-2002, 10:39 PM
rookiebldr-
Yeah haha it must just be that damn fat because usually I am not like that at all! Always hungry ready to stuff my fat face haha. Anyway yeah I didnt know that there was such thing as Nestle Smarties. Crazy sh*t huh? Guess they dont have them here in Delaware.

Here are what the Smarties that I am eating look like, with the ingredients..

http://www.startrackplush.com/images/candy004p12.JPG
Ingredients: Dextrose, citric acid, calcium stearate, artificial flavors and colors.

Here are what the Sweettarts look like..

http://www.startrackplush.com/images/candy002p12.JPG
Ingredients: Dextrose, maltodextrin, and less than 2% malic acid, magnesium stearate, artificial favors.

MS

rookiebldr
04-06-2002, 10:50 PM
Those smarties we call rockets here in Ontario. I'm sure they are the same things, might need to raid my kids' candy stash to see. We have sweetarts here as well, packaging looks a little different but they are probably the same nutritient wise. Maybe next time I'm in Delaware, I'll look for those smarties, although I likely stick to my PF post workout shake.

MonStar1023
04-06-2002, 10:52 PM
PF? :confused::confused: Anyway thats cool yeah theyre probably the same ingredients. But yeah man I wanted to ask you if you were had a set of goals layed out. Now too high I am talking like 15-40 lbs. more than you are doing now on compound exercises. But yeah man I just set mine you can get the link at the top of any of my journal entries.

MS

rookiebldr
04-06-2002, 11:13 PM
Sorry about the short form. PF=Protein Factory. I know a few people on this board order from them. I buddy of mine got be ordering from them. I've tried a number of their products, but have settled on the post training formula and glutamine peptides. I might go back to their night time formula if I take some of the soy out.

I looked at your goals previously. Thought they were great. You can see what I meant in my last post in my journal. Leg presses 820 - f*ck, I can't imagine putting that much weight on the posts. Squats of 360, dips of bw + 125? Like you said, I'll focus on getting my basics up, adding weight to bw on chins and dips would be great.

I really haven't set any weight goals yet. More measurement and appearance goals. I'll post them in my journal.

MonStar1023
04-06-2002, 11:27 PM
rookiebldr-
Yeah man thats exactly why I asked you if you had set any goals yet, because of its importance and I had feeling that you hadnt. This is really embarassing but these are the first goals that I have ever really had. Haha I was looking through one of my old online journals from last summer look at this sh*t.

Workout II. Chest, Biceps.
incline dumbbell press 70x10; 70x10; 70x10; 65x10
decline barbell press 115x11; 115x10; 115x10; 115x10
incline dumbbell flyes 40x12; 40x12; 40x11; 40x10
standing barbell curls 65x11; 65x10; 65x10; 65x7
dumbbell concentration curls 20x10; 20x11; 20x8; 20x6
standing dumbbell hammer curls 30x11; 30x11; 30x10; 30x9
Too much damn volume! My strength then wasnt really that bad but I mean pretty pathetic compared to now ya know? 65 lbs. barbell curls!? Haha give me a damn break. Hehe look at this sh*t.

Workout I. Delts, Traps.
standing behind-neck press 95x15; 95x14; 95x13; 95x13
wide-grip upright row 75x15; 75x14; 75x13; 75x13
one-dumbbell side-laterals 20x15; 20x15; 20x14; 20x14
dumbbell shrugs 70x15; 70x14; 70x13; 70x13

Workout II. Triceps.
lying ez-bar ext. 65x15; 65x15; 65x15; 65x14
ez-bar pressdowns 120x15; 120x15; 120x14; 120x14
one-dumbbell overhead ext. 20x15; 20x15; 20x14; 20x13
Lying tricep ext. are pathetic! Hehe I cant believe some of this bullsh*t. Oh well its not too big of a deal its just crazy to me. Anyway its not too big of a deal I guess. Again get your weight up on the basic exercises man and the size will come.. :D:D

MS

rookiebldr
04-06-2002, 11:54 PM
Your weights have definitely improved since last summer. Wow, very impressive. Has your growth as well? I guess I'm trying to get a comparison of size increases with all that strength increase. Your shoulders look like they were a strong point back then a year ago.

When I started, I was doing db flat presses with 25's and db rows with 35's. I stalled for about 5 months (fall time frame) not really knowing what I wanted to do or how to approach my next phase. The gym I started at only had preset bb up to 85lbs, dbs up to 40lbs, some nautilis machines and a Universal station. :rolleyes: My first goal was to out grow it as quickly as possible and lose enough bf to feel comfortable around a real gym. That took less then 3 months to start looking at all sort of wierd exercises to satisfy my lifts. Joined my current gym in July and haven't looked back.

As far as weight goals, I think your right, I'll set some let me know if I've wimped out and set them too low.

MonStar1023
04-06-2002, 11:59 PM
rookiebldr-
Yeah man I personally think that size and strength for the most part go hand in hand. Not many guys are strong as hell and skinny as hell. Not USUALLY that is. I have a friend whos 145 lbs. and puts up 315-335 lbs. on the bench. Hes got the skinniest chest I have ever seen my whole life too. Oh well. Anyway yeah Ill check out your goals. Keep up the hard work! :):)

MS

Franco
04-07-2002, 04:54 AM
Those smarties are completely different to the ones in europe, mike.

Oh and it must be good having your girl diet with you and give you all that moral support:)

MonStar1023
04-07-2002, 10:25 AM
FAngel-
Hell yeah man I dont know what I would do without her. We inspire each other to go to the gym and diet and everything like that. Its almost like a team kind of thing. Just trying to both get in shape for summer! What are the Smarties over in Europe like? Thats crazy.. :eek::eek:

MS

MonStar1023
04-07-2002, 10:39 AM
... Kind of trying to figure out if 40g whey protein + 40g carbs from dextrose/maltodextrin is enough for a decent insulin spike postworkout. I dont want to add much more than 40g carbs because my limit is 60g and I want to be sure that I stay under my limit no matter what. :):) Do you guys think that 40g carbs is enough while cutting? I am also definitely dropping my flax and heavy whipping cream from postworkout obviously. Saturted fats or even fats in general + dextrose/maltodextrin = FAT.

I am kind of hoping that my ALA postworkout will help me out. Its just a half a gram, 500 mg., ALA with my protein and carbs. I am hoping this will help with my carb absorption etc.

MS

MonStar1023
04-07-2002, 11:41 AM
Took a quick arm pic now that my arms are 16 inches around and somehow my forearms are 15.5!? Just wanted to compare it to future arm pics if my biceps actually get back to their original size at 17 inches... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

MS

(photo taken 4-7-2002 around noon)

MonStar1023
04-07-2002, 01:02 PM
Took another arm pic from the inside this time.. wow this view of my arm makes it look so damn skinny!! Now I now why it measured a pathetic 16 inches... what a f*cking shame. :redface::redface:

MS

MonStar1023
04-07-2002, 01:02 PM

Sunday, April 7, 2002

Cardio.
Diet.
Meal 1: green salad + tuna salad + cheese + olives + green peppers

Meal 3: coffee + heavy whipping cream + Equal

Meal 4: Italian sausage
Overall Comments.
Wow slept a lot last night! Didnt think that I was going to sleep that long. Today is the last day of Spring break so unfortunately I gotta get up early tomorrow. Kinda pisses me off but oh well not really too big of a deal I dont think. Not looking forward to it at all. Only about 5-6 weeks left and I am done with highschool! Cant wait for summer to get here. Me and Brittany, the beach, cant wait! :cool::cool: Felt fat today also! Not sure what really happened just felt really really flabby. Dont ask me. Damn I feel so f*cking fat! I am about to go to bed and DAMN do I feel soft and flabby. Stomach feels completely soft and just YUCK. :(:( I was pissed off at myself for no real reason. Abs felt really really soft so I measured my waist. Just to kind of see if it was in my head or not. Last Sunday I measured my waist at 36 inches. Tonight, my waist, with my abs flexed, was 35 inches at the naval. Impressive actually. An inch off my waist in just one week!? :thumbup::thumbup:
Pain/Soreness.
Wow those partial deads beat up my upper/mid back area. Very sore in my lower and middle traps and my rhomboids, not really my lats though so thats good. Anyway glutes and hamstrings are killed, quads are still a little sore too. Not too big of a deal, forearm extensors are still a little sore too.
Sleep.
9 hours! sleep last night. Thats what I am talking about! Need to get this much sleep every night. ;);)
Supplements.

Training. Rest.

Training Length.
Rest day today, but I am really looking forward to training tomorrow. Hope for some strength increases!
Water.
Good amount today, need to keep it up, or just take in more. Never feel like I am getting enough water - especially with such low carbs.
Weight.
Didnt weigh in today, glad though.

rookiebldr
04-07-2002, 03:06 PM
Took another arm pic from the inside this time.. wow this view of my arm makes it look so damn skinny!! Now I now why it measured a pathetic 16 inches... what a f*cking shame. :redface::redface:

MS

Great definition. With that definition it makes it look a lot bigger, hard to be believe that you need to loose much more BF. Those forearms are freaky esp. with .5" difference between upper arm and forearm. Do you feel losing the ~40lbs have taken a toll on your arm size?

MarshallPenn
04-07-2002, 03:37 PM
Hey Monstar - I've got a "pathetic" 16" as well - and the big forearm thing going as well. Drives me crazy. I'm biceptally challenged or something. Especially when I hear guys that are 25lbs lighter than me tell me they've got 17.5" arms. Oh well. Plus, I'm very thick through the chest, so it makes my arms look even smaller.

MonStar1023
04-07-2002, 07:49 PM
rookiebldr-
Whatsup man. Definition is OKAY, not too good or bad I dont think. Yeah I need to lose a little more fat nothing major. Not even too big of a deal anymore. Starting to get concerned with strength, and bodyfat loss rather than JUST fat loss. The 40 lbs. has definitely done some damage but not too much. My girlfriend thinks my arms look smaller but I think its more the low carbs. Because after a refeed meal or whatever they fill right back up.

MarshallPenn-
Yeah big forearms can dwarf the size of your upper arms. But personally I really like the look of massive forearms. Not that mine are all that massive but still. Oh well, need some arm work still. More concerned with my waist size and shoulder and lat width. Going for a wide a*s V shape. :D:D

MS

MonStar1023
04-08-2002, 04:33 AM
... Originally posted by Severed Ties in a PM. Wanted to get some opinions on my carb source for postworkout etc.

"I prefer simple carbs post workout as the insulin surge will stuff all those amino's into the muscle. Also one of the interesting things the post workout studies showed is that NONE of the carbohydrates you eat after an intense workout will be stored as fat and that your body will continue to burn fat for energy with the presence of insulin. Some truely fascinating work but if you want to stay away from simple sugar and use oatmeal I'd definetly rather see you use some form of carbohydrate than none at all.

ST"
It seems completely obvious that some simple sugars postworkout will do MUCH more good than bad. :cool::cool:

MS

Franco
04-08-2002, 06:19 AM
FAngel-
Hell yeah man I dont know what I would do without her. We inspire each other to go to the gym and diet and everything like that. Its almost like a team kind of thing. Just trying to both get in shape for summer! What are the Smarties over in Europe like? Thats crazy.. :eek::eek:

MS

They have a sugar coated outer shell with choccy inside. Sebi posted a pic of the packaging in the following thread and you even replied after it.:)
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=10735&highlight=smarties

MonStar1023
04-08-2002, 07:06 AM
FAngel-
Yeah now I remember that discussion.. hehe I feel like I am completely losing my mind.. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

MS

MonStar1023
04-08-2002, 07:15 AM

Monday, April 8, 2002

Cardio.
Postworkout: 20 minutes treadmill; 10 minutes 3.5 MPH @ a 15% incline, 10 minutes 4.0 MPH @ a 10% incline.
Diet.

Meal 2: green salad + grilled chicken + Ranch dressing + cheese

Postworkout: 2 servings whey protein + 5 rolls Smarties + Sweettarts

... As I said in another post Smarties and Sweettarts are basically dextrose and maltodextrin. Maybe the other ingredients arent all that but for what its worth, theyre perfect! ;);) This postworkout meal came out to around 40g protein, 40g carbs, 3g fat.

Refeed Meal: Macaroni & Cheese + Gatorade + cheese pretzels + candy + 3 servings whey protein + 1 & 1/2 cups skim milk

... :drooling::drooling: Wow lots of food this time! Haha decided to go all out with this refeed meal baby! Ate an entire box of Mac & Cheese along with a bunch of other sh*t. Ate Milky Way Lite, Jolly Ranchers, everything under the damn sun. Really feel like I just piled in the damn food. Wow right now I am packed with food! Dont feel too sick though so thats good. Spread my meal out over an hour or so.

Refeed meal came out to the following...
2300 calories, 110g protein, 400g carbs, 29g fat

... Hehe LOTTA damn calories for one f*cking meal. Feel packed as f*cking hell with food. :p:p
Overall Comments.
Feel good today, got a good amount of sleep and everything like that and I am REALLY looking forward to my workout today. Cant wait. Going to the YMCA in about 4 hours. Looking forward to it so f*cking much. I am getting pissed off just thinking about it...
Pain/Soreness.
I am actually not really that sore today somehow. Feel good. Rear delts are a little sore still nothing major at all. Midback / middle traps / lower traps are a little sore too. I should be completely fine for tomorrow's back workout though. I am loving this split! Hope to hit my strength goals within the next 6-8 weeks. I guess we'll see how things go...
Sleep.
8 hours sleep last night. Slept well actually. Didnt wake up at all which was good.
Supplements.

Preworkout: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx

Postworkout: 5g creatine + 5g glutamine peptides + 500 mg. ALA + 250 mg. Aminogen

... Moved my ALA dosage to postworkout rather than preworkout to help with carb absorption, since now I am taking in carbs and protein rather than fat and protein. Hopefully this will be very beneficial with it comes to recovery in the gym, etc.

Flat Barbell Presses: 240 x 4 (!) [***]; 210 x 7.5 [***]

... Decided to do these in the power rack today rather than on a regular flat bench. Pins were set at about even with my chest level. Loving them here in the power rack! Damn this weight felt heavy as f*cking hell! DEFINITELY going to stick with 240 until I can get a full solid 6 reps. No questions asked. Increase in weight from 235 to 240 but my reps were 1/2 rep less. Oh well. My calories are low so what the hell should I expect? Hit my chest very hard. Kept my form good too. Hammered my chest with both sets. Both were all out failure no doubt about it. But I dont know for some reason I guess I need to be more positive but I am having a hard time seeing myself putting up 265 (my goal) for 6 reps...

Dips: +100 x 6.5 (!) [***]; +80 x 8 [***]

... Dips were awesome today! Strapped on 100 lbs. so that came out to a total dip weight of 299 lbs. This is 10 more pounds than I used for dips last Monday. Actually wasnt THAT bad. I mean sets were intense and to failure but considering that my goal weight is 125 I feel like I could hit that in the next 2 months maybe. Anyway first set was GREAT. Hammered the f*cking hell outta my chest completely. Solid reps. Hit my chest hard. Pretty good pump off of these actually. Next set was hard too. +80 lbs. here, got a solid 8 reps. Again set was all out to failure but I can see myself getting to +125 lbs. for 6. For some reason with bench I feel like I cant get about 235-240 lbs. Not really sure what my f*cking problem is. Need to make sure I go all out in the second set too. :mad::mad:

Flat Dumbbell Presses: 100 x 6.5 [***]

... Awesome set here! Beat up my pecs badly. Got 6.5 reps which is pretty good I guess considering that the 100s are the heaviest in my gym and previously I did 4 all out sets for chest. Good set here, hammered my pecs hard, kept my ROM and form excellent. Great overall set.

Flat Dumbbell Flyes: 67.5 x 8 (!) [***]

... AWESOME set here! Wow totally intense and all out. Finished off my pecs without a doubt. Big time, really just tore my chest down to nothing with this last set. Squeezed my pecs hard with every single rep, kept my form and my ROM especially good. Great set here.

Lying Barbell Extensions: 130 x 6 (!) [***]; 117.5 x 8 [***]

... F*cking GREAT sets!! Increased my weight to 130 lbs. and got 6 f*cking reps! Definitely hit failure on my 6th rep no doubt about it. F*cked up my triceps big time, and I do mean BIG TIME! Form and ROM was good and consistent throughout though. I can see myself here doing 150 lbs. (my goal) for 6. Maybe by mid-summer time or something like that. Dropped down to 117.5 for 8. All out here too. Hammered my triceps all the way no doubt about it. Great sets, a step closer to my goal weight. :thumbup::thumbup:

Seated Overhead Barbell Extensions: 105 x 6.5 [***]

... AWESOME set here. Got my girlfriend to spot me on these. Actually found a lowerback support finally. Kept my form good though. ROM was good too. Hit my triceps hard. They were already burnt from the last exercise but these finished them off big time. Got my 6th rep and then went all out for my 7th, and my triceps died halfway up. Girlfriend got the rest of the rep for me. Haha shes great. :D:D Anyway good exercise, good set, hit triceps and finished them hard.
Training Length.
Workout today was a good length I guess, lasted 40 minutes. Typical at the YMCA as long as I stay under an hour I am happy.
Water.
Good amount today, need to keep it up.
Weight.
Preworkout today, clothed, without shoes, I weighed 199 lbs. Decreased a half pound which is good I guess. Trying to drop a little more fat. My girlfriend says I look depleted and skinny now which is always nice. But anyway.. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pup
04-08-2002, 07:32 AM
Bro, you are like a pharmacy man, that is a lot of supplements :eek:

MonStar1023
04-08-2002, 03:49 PM
just_a_pup-
Haha yeah I know man. Seem to work well though for what its worth. I know that I am taking a lot of supplements but honestly considering my results and everything like that, I really think that its worth it. I mean most of them are old stuff around the house that I bought years ago and never took. I know some of the things that I am taking are not all that great. Like V2G during my refeed meal is just vanadyl and taurine. Nothing like out of the ordinary. :D:D

MS

rookiebldr
04-08-2002, 04:21 PM
Refeed Meal: Macaroni & Cheese + Gatorade + cheese pretzels + candy

Flat Barbell Presses: 240 x 4 (!) [***]; 210 x 7.5 [***]

...but I am having a hard time seeing myself putting up 265 (my goal) for 6 reps...

MonStar -

Now I know why you love this diet, Mac and Cheese, Pretzels and candy. plus all the whipped cream you want. Just got to love this diet. :D :D I stopped drinking coffee now that I'm dieting because I don't like drinking it without 18% cream and 2 tsp of sugar. J/K, :cool: :cool:

Great lifts, really improving on the chest!! I re-looked at your goals, I didn't see a time frame for meeting them. When are you trying for 265 x 6? Also, why do you drop the weight on the exercises so much? Are you trying to really up your reps on the second set or work on the ROM more with the lighter weights?

MonStar1023
04-09-2002, 04:59 AM
rookiebldr-
Yeah haha this diet is a lot of fun believe it or not. Except for the HUGE fat feeling you get after refeed meals. Feel like completely slam packed with food. Anyway... yeah my chest is barely improving. I feel like my dip goal is definitely attainable soon. But my bench strength I feel like is at a big halt. Not sure what the hell the problem is acutally. I am going to stick with 240 lbs. next week and see how many reps I can get with it. Well have to see what happens. I am not trying for 265 x 6 any specific date I am just hoping to get that much weight within the next few months. I think that its attainable if all goes well. Well see what happens. My first set is ALL OUT completely intense as f*ck. Seems to zap some of my strength, afterwards my bodypart is beat up so I lower the weight and go for a few more reps. Seems to really work well. :cool::cool:

... Finally hit 5000 views. Hehe crazy sh*t. :eek::eek:

MS

MonStar1023
04-09-2002, 08:01 PM

Tuesday, April 9, 2002

Cardio.
Postworkout: 15 minutes treadmill; 3.5 MPH @ a 15% incline.
Diet.

Meal 2: Myoplex Low-carb MRP + heavy whipping cream

Meal 5: frozen steak + cheese + 1 tbsp. mayo

Overall Comments.
Feel BLOATED as f*cking hell today. Looking at abs in mirror reminds me that I am not too fat. Haha. Just need to do that for psycological reasons. Anyway added a 2 new refeed meal supplements that you can check out at the top of this post where it says (for a description of my diet / supplements / training...) Anyway looking forward to my back workout today. I am kind of hoping that I will get some decent pumps since last night was my refeed meal. Well see.
Pain/Soreness.
Chest is definitely sore. Triceps are hurting but not too bad at all. Traps are actually a little bit sore somehow. Confusing...
Sleep.
7.5 hours sleep last night. Slept well. Didnt wake up at all but dont feel TOO energized today.
Supplements.

Preworkout: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx

Postworkout: 5g creatine + 5g glutamine peptides + 3g arginine + 500 mg. ALA + 250 mg. Aminogen

... I added a few grams of the amino acid arginine to my postworkout shake to help with glycogen replenishment. I think that many people underestimate the effects of arginine. :D:D

Training. Back, Biceps, Forearms.
Curl-grip Chins: +35 x 6.5 (!) [***]; +25 x 7.5 [***]

... Wow 2 awesome sets here. Decided to go with the wider than shoulder width underhand grip. Went up 5 lbs. from my last back workout and managed to keep the same # of reps! Nice strength increase. Second set my back was exausted. Got 7.5 reps with 25 lbs. around my waist. I have a feeling that I wont have a problem hitting my goal strength of +60 lbs. Anyway good sets. Contracted my back hard especially in the negative part of each repetition. Good sets. Need to really keep my form flawless. Left wrist was bothering me throughout my first set.

Incline Underhand Machine Rows: 190 x 7 (!) [***]; 175 x 8.5 [***]

... AWESOME sets here! Wow incredible f*cking back contractions. Did 190 lbs. today! Definitely up 10 lbs. from my last back workout. Really impressed myself with the weight that I did here today. Didnt think I was going to get a full complete 7 reps. Figured that I would fail around 4-5. Anyway awesome first set. Second set was OKAY but not as intense as the first one. Still got some awesome back contractions just wasnt as intense and all out as the first one.

Crossbench Dumbbell Pullovers: 67.5 x 8 (!) [***]

... Good set here. Good stretch in my lats and my serratus muscles. Felt it hard in my pecs though unfortunately. My sternum area I really felt it. Like bottom/middle chest area. Haha probably my ribs expanding. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Anyway but yeah good set here, hit my lats and serratus hard.

Seated V-bar Pulldowns: 185 x 8.5 [***]

... Great set. Perfect form, awesome lat and midback contractions. Really hammered my entire upper back. Good ROM too. Didnt stretch too much at the top of each rep but contractions were insane. Great finishing exercise for my lats. :thumbup::thumbup:

Standing Barbell Curls: 122.5 x 4 (!) [***]; 110 x 7 [***]

... :mad::mad: PISSED OFF here!! Damn was I f*cking flipped out when I put the barbell down for the first set... I was about to go insane. I expected more than f*cking 4 reps with 122.5! This was pathetic. I used my back way too much on the last rep or so too. Form was f*cking pathetic. Just seemed to really drive my crazy. Hitting my goal weight of 140 for 6 reps is going to be a BIG challenge, holy sh*t. Anyway second set was MUCH better. Much less back involvement, more biceps. Felt it harder in my biceps. Good ROM and everything like that.

Incline Alternating Dumbbell Hammer Curls: 32.5 x 8.5 (!) [***]

... GREAT set here! Set inclines at like 12 marks up or something, pretty high incline. Anyway really hit my brachioradialis and brachialis hard with this set. Focused hard on every single repetition really made sure I felt it 100%. Vascularity looked good in this set too actually. ;);)

Standing Barbell Reverse Curls: 87.5 x 8 (!) [***]

... Good set here too! Kept my form pretty good. Elbows flaring a tad too much but oh well, nothing to really worry about too much. Anyway brachioradialis seemed to get the most effected by this exercise. Great set. Wow good exaustion in my biceps and forearms and all that. Really impressed. My definition in my lower arms is looking excellent.

Overhand Barbell Static Holds: 325 x :13 (!) [***]

... Wow up here baby!! Up ten pounds and almost doubled my time from my last workout. Haha I am going to exceed my goal I think. My goal is something like 350 for 10 seconds or something along those lines. I should have that in a week or 2 to be honest. Haha I know thats bad to say but I am just being realistic. I am going to up my goal weight for these to 405 I think. Yeah definitely...
Training Length.
Workout today was a good length I guess, 40 minutes long today. Good length.
Water.
Good amount of water today. Had water with me all day.
Weight.
Preworkout today, clothed, without shoes, I weighed 199.5 lbs. Felt good about my weight today even though its up a 1/2 pound just because last night was my refeed meal.. hehe. :p:p

rookiebldr
04-09-2002, 08:54 PM

...Looking at abs in mirror reminds me that I am not too fat. Haha. Just need to do that for psycological reasons. ...

Yep, keep talking this way and you will believe. :D :D

What sleep formula are you using?

Preworkout today, clothed, without shoes, I weighed 199.5 lbs. Felt good about my weight today even though its up a 1/2 pound just because last night was my refeed meal.

MonStar1023
04-10-2002, 04:05 AM
rookiebldr-
The Sleep Formula that I am using currently is GNC's Sleep Formula. If for some reason I run out of it Ill just switch to melatonin or ZMA. I am getting great results with it though. Really get a good nights sleep every night without fail. Anyway it contains melatonin, kava kava, and a few other things. Good stuff! Anyway yeah my weight was pretty good yesterday considering. Kinda focusing on strength and fat-loss right now as my primary goals. I know its hard to have both but I am going to see what I can do... what are your goals? :):)

MS

MonStar1023
04-10-2002, 06:33 PM

Wednesday, April 10, 2002

Cardio.
Diet.
Meal 1: 4 hot wings + handful of peanuts + coffee + Equal + heavy whipping cream

Meal 3: green salad + Ranch dressing + cheese + grilled chicken

Meal 4: Myoplex Low-carb MRP + heavy whipping cream + Equal

Meal 5: frozen steak + cheese + 1 tbsp. mayo
Overall Comments.
Feel good today for the most part. Dont really feel too flabby I dont think. Looking forward to my workout and my refeed meal tomorrow night! Picked up some bottles of Glycerol today for my refeed meal tomorrow night. Going to end up taking around 3 tbsp. to help push even more water in my muscles. :):)
Pain/Soreness.
Chest is still really hurting. Aching badly actually. Triceps are OKAY biceps are really really sore. Lats are f*cking killing me holy f*ck! :cry::cry: Everything else seems good.
Sleep.
7.5 hours! sleep last night. Need to keep it up! Especially if I want to achieve any kind of strength goals.
Supplements.

Training. Rest.

Training Length.
Didnt train today.
Water.
Good amount today, I was thinking about it all day long and me not getting any carbs really is even more inspiration to keep my water intake UP! :thumbup::thumbup:
Weight.
Dont weigh in on rest days.

rookiebldr
04-11-2002, 12:39 AM
MonStar,

I should have realized that since it was in your supp. list it was something like that. I was thinking it was a protein PM formula drink for some reason.

My goals, is simular to yours, fat loss with no muscle loss - I need to keep the little that I have. I'm trying to get down to 15% BF from 24%. Last year starting out I went from 29% to 19%, bulked :D :D up to 23-24% and now I'm trying to go back down. I'm planning to get my BF measured on Friday.

MonStar1023
04-11-2002, 05:11 AM
rookiebldr-
Whatsup bro? Yeah Sleep Formula is a basic melatonin product. Thats good man about your fat loss goals. Keep it up!! How much do you weigh and how old are you? Are you doing any cardio? Are you taking a fat burner? (ECA stack) Are you consuming a lot of water? Honestly man if all else fails hit up NHE youll lose some fat big time dude no doubt. Works wonders on fat loss in my opinion. :thumbup::thumbup:

MS

MonStar1023
04-11-2002, 01:12 PM

Thursday, April 11, 2002

Cardio.
Postworkout: 15 minutes treadmill; 3.5 MPH @ a 15% incline.
Diet.
Meal 1: coffee + Equal + heavy whipping cream + 4 hot wings + handful of peanuts

Meal 2: green salad + cheese + grilled chicken + Ranch dressing

Refeed Meal: Fettucine Alfredo + low-fat cheesecake + Gatorade + candy + 2 cups skim milk + 2 servings whey protein

My refeed meal came out to the following...
2570 calories, 100g protein, 490g carbs, 31g fat

... :drooling::drooling: PACKED full of food tonight. Really honestly didnt eat THAT much considering how full I f*cking felt. Ate some fettucine and some cheesecake along with a big whey shake. By this time I was FORCE feeding my f*cking self. Then I had 32 damn ounces of Gatorade, along with some Starbursts and things like that. For some reason this time I was like stuffed completely after about 1400 calories. Forced down the rest.

... Something that happens after the refeed meal that ALWAYS seem to happen that I never really mention are (1) I always have a bowel movement, due to incoming carbs I guess, (2) I always get very hot almost sweaty and tired/exausted, and (3) I am very very thirsty.
Overall Comments.
Feel good today I guess. Definitely feel tired due to my lack of sleep last night. Really pissed me off big time that I didnt get a full amoun of sleep. tuttuttuttut I know better than that. Anyway, looking forward to some intense leg sets today. Dont really feel too fat today hopefully Ill be impressed with my bodyweight, and my weights in the gym. Walking out of the gym today and noticed that the YMCA has a Nautilus pullover machine. This whole time I have been doing damn crossbench DB pullovers f*cking up my rotator cuffs and chest etc. The pullover machine is basically a lat isolation exercise. Going to change that from DB to machine up in my 2nd post of this journal. Anyway looking forward to my delt/trap workout tomorrow, should be intense as f*cking hell. Hope to really get some intensity in the gym. Kind of sucks because I have tomorrow, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and all day Tuesday until my next refeed meal. I dont know what I am going to do!
Pain/Soreness.
Lats and midback are really hurting today. Chest is still sore, biceps have some deep muscle soreness wow. Forearms really arent too sore which is good. Traps are a tad sore for some reason. Not a big deal at all.
Sleep.
6 hours! sleep last night. Up all damn night talking to my girlfriend on the phone, basically her ripped up my personality. Always feels good. :(:( Also took a quick nap in the afternoon before my workout. Hopefully this will save my workout intensity a little bit.
Supplements.

Postworkout: 5g creatine + 5g glutamine peptides + 3g arginine + 500 mg. ALA + 250 mg. Aminogen

With Refeed Meal: 1 serving SyntheVol 2 + 1 serving CytoVol + 1 serving Phosphaplex + 1 serving Mega Glutamine Effervescent + 1 serving Mega Creatine + 3 tbsp. glycerol + 5g fish body oils + 2g ginger + 1g alpha-lipoic acid + 800 mg. chromium + 4 V2G + 3 Insulene + 3 Gluco Tech + 2 Agree With Meals + 1 Enzyme Digestant

... In an earlier post I mentioned that I was adding effervescent glutamine and creatine to my refeed meal, along with a few tablespoons of glycerol. Really going to aid in carb absorption and helping draw extra water to my muscles and everything like that. And damn did that f*cking glycerol taste like sh*tty maple syrup. :redface::redface: Gag me.. The glycerol filled me up too I think. Felt more full than usual. Mega Creatine and Mega Effervescent Glutamine basically tasted like cherry and rasberry soda. Surprised at how good it tasted to be honest. :p:p

Training. Quads, Hamstrings, Calves.
Back Squats: 340 x 5.5 (!) [***]; 315 x 8 [***]

... Two INTENSE f*cking sets here. Wow first set was a total body, completely exausting f*cker. Really beat my f*cking a*s like crazy. Up 15 lbs. from last week which is a very impressive gain since this is second time that I have done squats in about 2-3 years. Anyway great set. Set pins in the power rack right at where my legs hit 90 degrees. Got a fairly good ROM I guess. The bottom of my movement seemed to be a sticking point which kind of pissed me off a little, not too big of a deal though. Anyway HAMMERED lower body completely. Along with a little upper body. Hit glutes, quads, and hamstrings very hard. Along with my lower back a little and my traps. Second set of 315 was intense too. Didnt think that I was going to get all 8 reps but I pulled it off. :thumbup::thumbup:

Leg Presses: 765 x 6 (!) [***]; 735 x 7.5 [***]

... Two GREAT sets here!! Totally intense again. Legs were trembling like crazy through both sets. After squats my legs are just so exausted and in so much pain its ridiculous. Anyway hit my quads and hamstrings and glutes hard. Really beat them up with 765. Up Something like 15 lbs. on this first set of 6. Really impressive in my opinion, definitely going to be hitting my goal soon. Probably by mid-May or maybe June. Hope so at least. Two totally intense, totally awesome sets. Legs completely exausted after that.

Seated Leg Extensions: 230 x 7.5 (!) [***]

... TOTALLY awesome set of leg ext. here. Woah... really hit my quads hard as f*ck. Squeezed the hell out of them on every single repetition. Great burn, and awesome feeling of exaustion in my quads. Totally beat. If I can keep up this sh*t and gradual progession (up 10 lbs. from last week) Ill stack out the entire machine in a few weeks. That would be pretty hot I guess.

Seated Leg Curls: 190 x 8.5 (!) [***]

... Good set here! Intense and great contractions. Leg curl machine here at the YMCA is definitely a good machine. Pretty much inclined back. Laying back in a sense, but really hitting the hamstrings hard. Good resistance throughout the entire set here. Again with this I might stack out the entire machine which would be really impressive.

Standing Smith-machine Calf Raises: 280 x 15 (!) [***]

... Good set here! Increase in 10 lbs. + a 1/2 rep from last Thursday. Actually made me feel really good. Kept my form and my ROM completely perfect throughout the entire set. Think that I will probably definitely be hitting my calf raises goal by the end of April. Haha a LOT sooner than expected! ;);)

Seated Calf Raises: 255 x 15 (!) [***]

... Totally awesome set here. Really hammered my soleus all the way no doubt about it. Had to have my girlfriend help out with the last rep because my calves literally just gave out. Haha shes my baby. :angel::angel: Anyway good set though, good finisher for calves, intense as hell, great set.
Training Length.
Worked out today in 35 minutes, definitely better than usual. Basically due to the fact that the YMCA was less crowded than usual.
Water.
Good amount today, not THAT much, but good amount. Maybe need more tomorrow. Felt a tad thirsty once or twice today which isnt good.
Weight.
Preworkout today, clothed but without shoes, I weighed 196.5 lbs. Pretty happy with my weight today although tomorrow Ill be pushing 200 due to my big refeed meal.

heathj
04-11-2002, 01:14 PM
Sweet tarts! :thumbup: I use 'em too :D

MonStar1023
04-11-2002, 01:21 PM
heathj-
Haha wow no way bro? Thats insane dude I thought I was definitely the only person here at WBB who used Sweettarts or Smarties for dextrose/maltodextrin. How do you buy your Sweettarts? Someone said that you can order them online get like 10 lbs. for $20 or some sh*t like that. I love those damn things! Look forward to them after every f*cking workout. Do you use them postworkout man or just during refeed/carbups or what? :D:D

MS

ericg
04-11-2002, 01:24 PM
I think Paul used to eat sweet tarts (post train) a while back.

MonStar1023
04-11-2002, 09:24 PM
ericg-
Yeah man youre right I forgot about that. He used to eat them on the way to the gym or something on a TKD... targeted ketogenic diet. Thats basically very similar to the diet that I am currently following. He did Atkins' with preworkout simple carbs I am doing Atkin's style with postworkout carbs along with 2 big refeed meals. Kind of similar, kind of not I guess. :cool::cool:

MS

rookiebldr
04-11-2002, 09:45 PM
Sleep.
6 hours! sleep last night. Up all damn night talking to my girlfriend on the phone, basically her ripped up my personality. Always feels good. :(:( Also took a quick nap in the afternoon before my workout. Hopefully this will save my workout intensity a little bit.
Training Length.
Worked out today in 35 minutes, definitely better than usual. Basically due to the fact that the YMCA was less crowded than usual.
Weight.
Preworkout today, clothed but without shoes, I weighed 196.5 lbs. Pretty happy with my weight today although tomorrow Ill be pushing 200 due to my big refeed meal.

So what was up with your girl friend?

Squats are really coming along. I'm amazed at 35 mins to do 8 sets. You must really motor along. Next to no resting and no setup time. You weight is really dropping fast too. :thumbup: I blew my diet over the last two days and I think I'll need a day or two to recoop back to less than 170.

MonStar1023
04-11-2002, 09:57 PM
rookiebldr-
Whatsup man? Girlfriend and I are perfect as usual. What else is new? Some dumb fight that we both got over quickly. Yeah man my squat strength is really coming along big time. Hopefully hit my goal by mid-May or maybe the beginning of June. Well see what happens. 340 was a b*tch though, only going to increase 2.5-5 lbs. next Thursday. Yeah hopefully my weight will drop along with my bf%! Anyway good luck getting back into your diet dude its tough going off and getting back into the swing of things... :thumbup::thumbup:

MS

MonStar1023
04-12-2002, 06:23 AM

Friday, April 12, 2002

Cardio.
Postworkout:
Diet.
Meal 1: coffee + Equal + heavy whipping cream + 4 hot wings + handful of peanuts

Overall Comments.

Pain/Soreness.

Sleep.
6.5 hours! sleep last night. tuttuttuttut Very deep sleep from the sleep that I got but not enough. Just woke up though so its not like I had to get up or anything.
Supplements.

Training. Delts, Traps, Abs.
Seated Behind-neck Presses: 150 x []; 135 x []

One-arm Dumbbell Side Laterals: 32.5 x []

Lying One-arm Dumbbell Laterals: 27.5 x []

Partial Deadlifts: 375 x []; 335 x []

Dumbbell Shrugs: 100 x []

Machine Crunches: 150 x []; 150 x []
Training Length.

Water.

Weight.
Preworkout today, clothed, without shoes, I weighed

ericg
04-12-2002, 06:40 AM
ericg-
Yeah man youre right I forgot about that. He used to eat them on the way to the gym or something on a TKD... targeted ketogenic diet. Thats basically very similar to the diet that I am currently following. He did Atkins' with preworkout simple carbs I am doing Atkin's style with postworkout carbs along with 2 big refeed meals. Kind of similar, kind of not I guess. :cool::cool:

MS

Ya thats it!! oh btw, I am pretty familiar with CKDs, TKDs, NHE, and Atkins. Ive got some of the books!!

I may give NHE a shot if I ever have to lose this much fat again. Seems lik eit worked good for you, but I cannot complain I have almost lost 20lbs, little shorter time frame then you but its still coming off!! Half way there.

MonStar1023
04-12-2002, 06:44 AM
ericg-
Awesome results man keep up the good work. I hope you dont mind me asking what kind of diet did you follow? Supplements, etc.? Anyway bu yeah NHE has worked very very very well for me so far. My strength gains arent THAT impressive but everything really looks good to me. Well see how things go. When it comes to dropping fat etc. I think that NHE, TKD, or CKD is the way to go. :D:D

MS

ericg
04-12-2002, 06:49 AM
Hey Mon,

My diet is in my journal, Eric's Log, and the only supps I take are a multi, vit C, and whey. Check out my journal man. It sucks compared to yours and others in this joint, but it helps me keep track.

MonStar1023
04-12-2002, 06:52 AM
ericg-
Its all good man it doesnt suck compared to anything. Different people do things differently. I like to keep mine up to date with lots of detail etc. And make everything look nice hehe. ;);)

MS

ericg
04-12-2002, 07:04 AM
Haha, ya. Im slowing making mine look nice!!

Pretty simple diet I have, eh!