PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on my diet

greemah
10-06-2008, 02:14 AM
Hey

I'm a 20yr old male, about 90kg (about 200 lb), and about 5' 11" height. I look kind of tubby and have a bit of an overhanging gut so I'm looking to loose some weight and get down low enough so my abs are kind of visable (I have been working them out and can see them when I tense and push fat away lol).

I've starting eating this daily:

7am: Decent size bowl of cereal and trim milk
9.30am: An apple
12pm: Two ham and lettuce sandwhiches (whole grain bread)
3pm: An orange
6pm: Dinner which is generally chicken breast (sometimes pork) and rice (or sometimes pasta) with some kind of stir-fry sauce, but sometimes have other things like a steak or enchiladas etc..

I also have a lot of water throughout the day.

3 days a week I spend about 40 minutes lifting weights and a 10 minute run.

Once I'm down slim enough I think I might give a go at bulking but depends if I think I need it (I'm naturally crazily strong as hell, just don't have visible muscles really).

So what do you guys think do you think this will be effective? Let me know if you have any suggestions or if you need more info. Keep in mind that my goal here is not to loose fat

Tom Mutaffis
10-06-2008, 04:40 PM
That diet seems alright, good quality foods for the most part.

I would add in a protein shake with your apple snack in the morning, and then another shake immediately post workout.

You may also want to change up your routine a bit. How about 3 days a week of 20-30 minutes cardio and three days a week of 30-45 minutes weight training, with at least one of these days not having both on the same day (4 days of total training per week).

Set achievable goals and that will keep you motivated along the way. Try to cover more distance on the treadmill one day, complete a circuit of machines more quickly, fit into a specific piece of clothing, achieve a body measurement (bigger arms, smaller waist), etc.

40 Nunc
10-06-2008, 07:28 PM
From my calculations you're eating less than 1000 calories per day. I know this sounds counter-productive but you're not eating enough! At your size you should be eating at least 1500 calories and still losing weight. Figure out your maintenance calories and reduce that number by 500... If you're hungry at the end of the day you'll never stick to the diet. I'm about the same size as you and my maintenace calories are @ 2200 and I was losing weight at 1800... 25 lbs in 3 months.

greemah
10-07-2008, 02:54 AM
Thanks for your replies guys

Tom - Thanks for your advice. I will up the cardio and look into protein shakes.

40 nunc - I don't get this cardio workout, I have tried finding my maintenance level and looked up calories for different foods on different sites etc and never get similar answers so I've given up on that. I am definately able to stick with this diet as hunger doesn't bother me (I get a bit hungry around 11am, 4pm, and 10pm). And I am very motivated and I seem to keep getting more motivated as time goes on.

Do you think I should definately eat more food?