PDA

View Full Version : Reactive Training System

geoffsherman
10-06-2008, 06:36 PM
Hi All,

Has anyone used this system of training? I have done some looking on the Web and it sounds interesting, but I am somewhat cofused by it. Wanted to throw it out there to see if anyone has any experience with it.

campania
10-06-2008, 07:43 PM
I ordered the manual about a month ago and just finished my 3rd week of volume in my first mesocycle, this week i'll be starting 3 weeks of intensity then repeating with a new exercise selection. i'm pretty new to it all too but i think it's pretty cool and the manual was definitely worth the $$$. it comes with a disc with like 3 spreadsheets. one is for a frequency phase, a fatigue phase, and the third spreadsheet is a meet planner.

geoffsherman
10-06-2008, 07:47 PM
Does the manual pretty much provide you all of the information that you need to program it? I have been on the website and message board, but there wasn't enough information for me to get much of a sense of it. Any detail on how it works would be great

campania
10-06-2008, 07:50 PM
Does the manual pretty much provide you all of the information that you need to program it? I have been on the website and message board, but there wasn't enough information for me to get much of a sense of it. Any detail on how it works would be great

yeah, the manual is great. it talks about laying out a basic template for yourself, exercise selection, volume and intensity blocks, RPE's, fatigue stops, stress management, fatigue and frequency phases, when to implement them and how, etc. it's got a ton of information in it and i've already read it like 3 times....but I plan on reading it several more because theres no way I could memorize it all.