PDA

View Full Version : Help planning my diet around my shift?

DGAF555
10-07-2008, 04:45 AM
Hi all. I was wondering if i could get some help planning a bulking diet around my awkward shift.
I work 4 days on 4 days off 12 hour night shifts- 7pm to 7am. sucks i know, money is quite good however. :) I've not attempted to bulk for a few years and certainly not for while i've been on this shift so i don't know quite how i would possibly fit enough calories into my day and when to fit them in so it would be best for my health.

My usual daily routine when i'm on my 'on' days is:

2pm: wake up- have a snack- eg breakfast for me.

6pm: have a large meal

10pm: break at work always quite hungry so i eat a couple of sandwiches etc

1am: another break at work, my main break, usually have a meal from the canteen

5am: another break, maybe just have a sandwich

7:30am: home, have a snack- supper. sleep till 2pm.

I can take my protein shakes to work and protein bars but when is the best time to eat them in that routine? Also the canteen at work is really unhealthy and i struggle to eat the food i get from their. I have access to a microwave and am thinking about buying a small stove to take in. Is there any quick easy meals you can suggest that would give me plenty of calories.

One last thing, i'm quite out of touch with the basics of bulking, is there a topic on here that someone can point me towards that would refresh my memory. For example what basic foods i need to throw down my throat to help me pile on the pounds.

Thanks, DGAF

moiz615
10-10-2008, 03:54 PM
I suggest you to eat vegetables more and drink water before eating so you feel less hungry if you feel more hungry then eat bananas .

anonymous1
10-11-2008, 11:34 PM
It's not going to matter at which time you eat what as long as you are consistent in the overall daily eating plan. Exception would be eating before/after your workout...try to eat as many of your calories as possible at that time - about half. Meal frequency is about energy levels and digestion and is completely individual, it won't affect your body composition if you eat 3 meals or 10.