PDA

View Full Version : Newb needs help with bulking diet

guitarfreak2765
10-07-2008, 10:32 AM
So I'm having trouble figuring out how to get enough protein/calories every day. I have classes at my tech school from 11:30-7pm 5 days a week, so getting in an actual meal during that time is really hard for me. This is what I've got so far:

Breakfast:
2 Eggs
6 Bacon
2 pieces Wheat Toast
Glass of Milk

Dinner:
Depends. Tonight I cooked up some beef, and mixed it up with some refried beans and cheese

Pre-Sleep:
Also depends. I'm eating 2 peanut butter sandwiches right now with a glass of milk.

So as you can see, lunch I don't know what to do with. I know I need more meals, but I don't know what to eat and when. I'm taking a protein shake-thing after workouts as well, which has 25g protein in it.

So I need some help with this. This is the first time I've ever made a meal plan of ANY sort, let alone a bulking one. I'm 152lb and 6'0", so I need about 3400 calories a day and 150g of protein.

I was actually thinking about protein bars earlier. I don't really get breaks between my classes. The only breaks we get are if, by some miracle, we finish a wiring job early and get some extra time between classes. It doesn't happen often though. I do get one 30 minute break between my first two classes, however.

So I'll probably start bringing protein bars and some nuts or something to school with me to eat DURING classes (Other than Electric Shop, but that's only a 1 hour class 3 days a week). On top of that I'll start making some PB sandwiches on wheat bread to take with me and eat during that 30 minute downtime I get.

Any other suggestions?

Tom Mutaffis
10-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Generally store bought protein bars are not considered a quality food source. You do have a few options though:

- Bring a shake with you to class, preferably a large one and sip on it throughout the course of the day. If you can accompany this with a couple of bananas or some other fruit that should provide for good balanced nutrition. Based on your goals I would suggest AtLarge Maximus.

- If you cannot have the liquids with you for whatever reason (I know you said Tech school) then you can bake your own protein bars. Try a combination of some protein powder, oatmeal, peanut butter, etc.

I would also try to split up your meals a little bit. What time of day are you normally training? Before or after class?

guitarfreak2765
10-07-2008, 05:42 PM
I usually only get time to train after class since I have to work 7am-11am 4 days a week.