PDA

View Full Version : is the fish oil pharm grade?

samadhi_smiles
10-08-2008, 02:18 PM
hey, title says it: is the fish oil At Large carries pharm grade? Curious about that.

thanks a lot!

I like this stuff, btw...it causes more noticeable cognitive effects than anything physical...it boosts cognitive power and also has a noticeable anti-depressant quality to it.

I believe this is from the DMAE found in the fish oil (DMAE is a potent donator of choline to the acetyl-choline neurotransmitter axis in your brain).

Another supplement (along with nitrean) that is a must have from At Large! thanks guys!

ps if you are after a very distinct and effective cognitive boost, examine the synergy between piracetam and DMAE (just take the latter in fish oil since the oil has other beneficial effects). Piracetam does a lot of interesting things to the brain, one effect is a disinhibition of the blood brain barrier, so drugs taken alongside piracetam are more effective (more reaches the brain). This is different, physiologically speaking, from simply taking more drug without the piracetam (as the piracetam also has other cognitive boosting effects).

piracetam + DMAE also has beneficial physical effects, one effect of elevated acetylcholine levels is that this inhibits somatostatin release (from the pituitary iirc), which is part of the feedback loop of growth hormone (somatostatin inhibits growth hormone). So, increasing acetylcholine levels will disinhibit growth hormone release (ie you'll have elevated GH surges upon waking and when going to sleep).

piracetam + fish oil has replaced my old 3 cups of coffee habit (thats to show you how effective it can be!).

chris mason
10-08-2008, 09:12 PM
I'll be honest and tell you I am not sure. I DO know it is purified and tested for contaminents, but I am not sure if it is pharmaceutical grade.

samadhi_smiles
10-08-2008, 09:30 PM
did it come with a MSDS (it should be on there) or do you know the purification method used (molecular distillation?)?

chris mason
10-08-2008, 11:04 PM
did it come with a MSDS (it should be on there) or do you know the purification method used (molecular distillation?)?

No MSDS.

Straight from the company we purchase the fish oil from:

“Yes, the fish oil is distilled along with other technology which removes impurities such as mercury, PCBs and dioxins from fish oil.”

Ryan Celli
10-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Another reason to use ALN....honesty

ZenMonkey
10-09-2008, 02:26 PM
sounds like pharm grade to me. if I know ALN they get the best o the best.

samadhi_smiles
10-09-2008, 08:17 PM
yeah thats likely the distillation required to get it up to pharm grade

thanks chris! fish oil has become a must have supplement for me, solid company that At Large :D

Vinnieg123
10-09-2008, 11:44 PM
I think is is phram grade.