PDA

View Full Version : What to do 1 week out from meet?

CMAND21
10-10-2008, 11:22 AM
Unfortunately I am one of those people who teeters in my weight class. I seem to be right at 220 today but I know if I take it too easy all next week I can easily put on 5-7 lbs. On Mon. I will be doing some real light squat and bench because if I do not I tend to get super tight. I will probably spend most of my time on a bike and treadmill quickly walking.

Also I want to make sure I eat just enough. What are you guys eating the week of a meet? I know if i control my salt I can keep the water weight down.

drew
10-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Like you said, just control your salt and eat enough to be satisfied. If you can weigh-in the day before, just drop some water weight for a day and you should weigh fine. If you can't weigh-in early, weigh yourself early in the morning and, if you have to, sweat it out.

BigTallOx
10-10-2008, 11:58 AM
What are you guys eating the week of a meet?

The week before my last meet, I ate everything in sight. I wasn't concerned about weight classes though. Hmmm, only 18 more pounds until 308+.

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
10-14-2008, 08:57 AM
Majority of my meets have 2 hour weigh-in. So, I have to manage my weight year around.

1-week before a meet, I'm on a high protein, low carb diet. I use a lot of AtLarge Nutrition Nitrean, Opiticen, ETS and Results. My whole food is baked chicken, tuna fish, egg whites and salmon.

Also, I take the week off from the gym to rest and recuperate too.

Andrew Cohn
10-14-2008, 10:02 AM
If you need to drop a quick few pounds, try 4 pills of magnesium citrate at lunch the week leading up to the comp. It will clean you out with out dehydrating you. On a 220 pound individual, it's probably good for atleast 4-6 pounds.