PDA

View Full Version : Rhodes' McDonald's for a healthy lifestyle

Pages : [1] 2

RhodeHouse
10-12-2008, 06:43 PM
This is my running count of my trips to mcDonald's. I think it's important to note that God, himself, has decided that McDonald's is the food of champions.

So, my count starts now: 1

Breakfast on Saturday:
Sausage McMuffin w/egg, Hash Brown, coke

KarstenDD
10-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Seriously you need to go with sausage egg and cheese on either a biscuit or Mcgriddle. Far superior to the Mcmuffin.

zapjay
10-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Bacon, egg and cheese mcgriddle FTW!!

Travis Bell
10-12-2008, 07:46 PM
I have to side with Rhodes here, the sausage Mcmuffin is pretty awesome. I do like the Mcgriddle every now and then for a change, but after awhile its too sugary that early in the morning for me

curse my weakness

hellagrant
10-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Damn. All these threads about McDonalds makes me want a sausage biscut with egg and cheese. I think I will stop by McDonalds tomorrow morning before work. Their coffee is damn good also.

I am glad I decided to lift weights. All the food I been eating lately has been a blast. People think I am crazy.:)

KarstenDD
10-12-2008, 08:24 PM
See I also use the Mcgriddle as a change of pace sandwich. Its the biscuits that are the money sandwiches.

McLaughlin
10-13-2008, 04:11 AM
I'm torn between the biscuits and the mcmuffins, bacon and sausage in rotation though, or one of each.

Tried their bagel ones a couple times and those are decent too, but too expensive to have with regularity.

WildJames
10-13-2008, 05:14 AM
This forum used to be interesting.

Reko
10-13-2008, 06:51 AM
See I also use the Mcgriddle as a change of pace sandwich. Its the biscuits that are the money sandwiches.

+1, I'm all about the bacon egg and cheese biscuits.

WillNoble
10-13-2008, 08:31 AM

Im sure there are countless other forums that would be glad to have your closed minded opinions

:hello:

anonymous1
10-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Are you completely loyal to Mcdonald's? I thought you had to switch up the fast food or something happens to you...I always have to alternate the brands. Most often is Wendy's - 3 spicy chickens from the #6, with 2-3 5 piece nuggets.

vdizenzo
10-13-2008, 11:37 AM

You are a bore.

Pete22
10-13-2008, 11:53 AM
How do you feel about McChickens? I'll get about 4 and turn them into 2 double McChickens (carb conscious). This hits the spot as a post-lunch snack for me.

Tennessee Mike
10-13-2008, 11:57 AM
Finally.A thread that has true meaning.All hail lord Rhodes.

zen
10-13-2008, 01:07 PM
I don't go to McDonalds much at all other than for breakfast. I used to just stop for coffee (cheaper and more convenient than going to stirbukz and ordering a limpy-latte-mocha-chino) but those breakfast sandwiches... McGriddlez and McSkillets... just go sooo good with coffee.

RhodeHouse
10-13-2008, 01:38 PM

That's ok, Jimmy. You never were interesting.

WildJames
10-13-2008, 01:39 PM
Im sure there are countless other forums that would be glad to have your closed minded opinions

Oh there are quite a few.

One statement makes me a closed-minded individual? Judging from your join date, unless you used to religiously read this forum before spring of 2008, I guess this is normal reading material for you. 2 almost identical threads by the same guy talking about this subject, combined with the severe decline in the quality and quantity of the posts in this part of the forum, as well as others, contributed to my comment. I come here mainly for nostalgic purposes now. If I hurt you by my comment, I do sincerely apologize.

WildJames
10-13-2008, 01:42 PM
That's ok, Jimmy. You never were interesting.

My turn. That's cool Roadie, since I don't even know who you are, that comment doesn't bother me at all. See ya, Housie. Man that's neat.

RhodeHouse
10-13-2008, 01:46 PM
My turn. That's cool Roadie, since I don't even know who you are, that comment doesn't bother me at all. See ya, Housie. Man that's neat.

Like Vincent said, you're a bore. Don't stir the pot for the sake of being a douche bag. Just go away and enjoy your nostalgia, or whatever it is you do here. Shooo!

McLaughlin
10-13-2008, 02:53 PM
I like the Double Cheeseburger more than McChicken, but both are good.

Sometimes I get one of each.

Tennessee Mike
10-13-2008, 03:01 PM
Double quarter pounder meal and 2 McChicken sandwhiches every friday night.

bill
10-13-2008, 03:11 PM
Sausage egg and cheese taco

=Travis=
10-13-2008, 03:21 PM
I like the Double Cheeseburger more than McChicken, but both are good.

Sometimes I get one of each.

Just one of each? :confused:

bill
10-13-2008, 03:28 PM
Does anyone think that these places skimp on there sandwiches. I remember the big and tasty, now it seems the patty is smaller? Anyone

RhodeHouse
10-13-2008, 04:36 PM
Try the Double Quarter Pounder with Big Mac sauce.

WillNoble
10-13-2008, 05:37 PM
Oh there are quite a few.

One statement makes me a closed-minded individual? Judging from your join date, unless you used to religiously read this forum before spring of 2008, I guess this is normal reading material for you. 2 almost identical threads by the same guy talking about this subject, combined with the severe decline in the quality and quantity of the posts in this part of the forum, as well as others, contributed to my comment. I come here mainly for nostalgic purposes now. If I hurt you by my comment, I do sincerely apologize.

Im in no way offended, opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one. However some just reek more than others.

The guy you are referring to is an elite class lifter and a sponsored athlete/contributor to EFS. Im fairly certain (although this may shock you) that he knows more on this subject than you.

Yes I have joined recently with my 1-0-7 Barbell Bretheren , however I do find it funny that in the time Ive been here, Ive made almost 5 times the posts you have... but maybe Im just not "Nostalgic" and like to post with people of my similar mindset on issues that actually mean something.

But, again, Im not offended

YOU have a GRRRRRREAT day :hello:

RhodeHouse
10-13-2008, 05:45 PM
It is Monday, and no McDonald's on the horizon. Although, the DQPC w/BM sauce is calling me. It beckons like the Sirens. I will not, may not, probably will give in to tempatation.

After I eat the burger, I'm going to cover myself in the Big Mac sauce and roll around on my bed. Is that weird?

bill
10-13-2008, 05:49 PM
Try the Double Quarter Pounder with Big Mac sauce.

Will do, Hardee's has some good new burgers too.

KarstenDD
10-13-2008, 06:10 PM
It is Monday, and no McDonald's on the horizon. Although, the DQPC w/BM sauce is calling me. It beckons like the Sirens. I will not, may not, probably will give in to tempatation.

After I eat the burger, I'm going to cover myself in the Big Mac sauce and roll around on my bed. Is that weird?

Imma git me one a dem sumb*tches tomorrow. Also, may I frolic in Big Mac sauce with you?

Dingus
10-13-2008, 06:15 PM
Every friday is McDonald's day and I make sure to get a different value meal everytime. This is known as the conjugate method.

joey54
10-13-2008, 06:27 PM
Every friday is McDonald's day and I make sure to get a different value meal everytime. This is known as the conjugate method.

Priceless. Wouldn't this fall into the DE day though since it is "fast food"?

McLaughlin
10-13-2008, 06:31 PM
Just one of each? :confused:

Hehe... I'm just little and can't eat a whole lot at once. Here's how it will usually go:

1st and 2nd breakfast
1st and 2nd lunch (sometimes one of these will be same as after work snack)
snack after work (dbl cheese + mc chicken)
dinner
before bed snack

By the time I get to Mc D's I'm usually not super hungry, but can get down 1-2 of those things with no problem.

Sometimes after a workout I'll have 3 though.

WillNoble
10-13-2008, 06:34 PM
triple steak burrito @ Taco Bell IMO

RhodeHouse
10-13-2008, 07:31 PM
Priceless. Wouldn't this fall into the DE day though since it is "fast food"?

I would call it ME Eating. The idea is to get as much food on your tray as "fast" as possible. Then, eat it as fast as possible so you can get as much in as possible. Do you see what I mean?

In my opinion, I'd call it Max Effort. Hope this helps.

RhodeHouse
10-13-2008, 07:31 PM

Come on, guy. See the light.

Chubrock
10-13-2008, 07:34 PM

Cheesy Gordita Crunch or Chicken Baja Gordita. Ohhhhh I'd punch my mom for one of those right now.

McLaughlin
10-13-2008, 07:38 PM
I love taco bell's grilled-stuffed burrito's... I could eat 2-3 a day and not get sick of them.

WillNoble
10-13-2008, 07:38 PM
Come on, guy. See the light.

Rhodes Im not knocking the arches. There is heaven ordering a large #1 combo with HI-C orange drink

There is something else magical about eating three triple steak burritos with hot sauce after training, at 605 cals 40g protein 20g of carbs and a scant 45g of fat per morsel

Reko
10-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Rhodes Im not knocking the arches. There is heaven ordering a large #1 combo with HI-C orange drink

There is something else magical about eating three triple steak burritos with hot sauce after training, at 605 cals 40g protein 20g of carbs and a scant 45g of fat per morsel

Wait, thats per thing?

****!

McLaughlin
10-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Wow, that just made the trip to taco bell that much more worth it for me. Grilled Stuffed may finally have competition for space in my belly.

WillNoble
10-13-2008, 09:01 PM
Wait, thats per thing?

****!

indeeeeeeeeeeeeed

Ben Moore
10-13-2008, 09:49 PM
Wow, that just made the trip to taco bell that much more worth it for me. Grilled Stuffed may finally have competition for space in my belly.

I had 2 on Saturday - they are glorious.

johnnyo_99
10-14-2008, 02:19 PM
My boss is one of those "dumbbell" guys and works upper body 5 times a week...nice guy but his workouts are the gayest thing I've ever seen..anyway he is proud of his McDonald's lunch, ONE grilled chicken wrap...because he wants to "keep the weight off." I laugh and then order 4 double cheeseburgers.

Pete22
10-14-2008, 03:27 PM
My boss is one of those "dumbbell" guys and works upper body 5 times a week...nice guy but his workouts are the gayest thing I've ever seen..anyway he is proud of his McDonald's lunch, ONE grilled chicken wrap...because he wants to "keep the weight off." I laugh and then order 4 double cheeseburgers.

Wait, wait, wait.... keep the weight off??? :tuttut:

joey54
10-14-2008, 05:35 PM
I would call it ME Eating. The idea is to get as much food on your tray as "fast" as possible. Then, eat it as fast as possible so you can get as much in as possible. Do you see what I mean?

In my opinion, I'd call it Max Effort. Hope this helps.

Makes sense to me.

HP666
10-14-2008, 05:53 PM
Ah, Mickey D's....My normal meal at the arches is a double Quarter Pounder meal, supersized, or whatever the biggest they have is, and I supplement this with one Big Mac and one Fillet O' Fish. Yummy!!!!

shazoo123
10-14-2008, 05:58 PM

I just checked the taco bell site. The triple steak burrito is actually 25 grams of fat, 70 grams of carbs, and 37 grams of protein. Just trying to make the correction so no one is mislead.

T FLEX
10-14-2008, 06:56 PM

Not weird at all considering all employees are required by Fast Food Regulations to do the same thing right before they put the special sauce on your burger.

ZenMonkey
10-14-2008, 07:42 PM
Cheesy Gordita Crunch or Chicken Baja Gordita. Ohhhhh I'd punch my mom for one of those right now.

Priceless!

RhodeHouse
10-16-2008, 01:10 PM
I finally saw the light today.

Breakfast
2 sausage McMufins w/egg
2 hash browns
1 coke

Post-Workout
2 cheeseburgers
1 large milk shake

I can feel the health running thru my veins. I feel stronger, smarter, and leaner than ever before. Long live the Golden Arches. Joy in a wrapper.

nhlfan
10-16-2008, 01:36 PM
McChickens are the best snacks known to man

WillNoble
10-16-2008, 01:41 PM
I just checked the taco bell site. The triple steak burrito is actually 25 grams of fat, 70 grams of carbs, and 37 grams of protein. Just trying to make the correction so no one is mislead.

who cares, its not the macros that we're worried about in this...its the fact that fast food is not inherently evil...whteher or not it has 605 kcals, 25 grams of fat, 70 grams of carbs, and 37 grams of protein. Eat big, train hard, and get strong

Tennessee Mike
10-16-2008, 01:41 PM
I can feel the health running thru my veins. .

Good times.

anonymous1
10-16-2008, 01:43 PM
McChickens are horrid. They scrape up all the worst meat and throw it in a sandwich to make an extra dollar. It's literally the stuff they previously deemed not fit to put into their products. Just look at it when you eat it...it's not really chicken...or even food.

Reko
10-16-2008, 01:50 PM
McChickens are horrid. They scrape up all the worst meat and throw it in a sandwich to make an extra dollar. It's literally the stuff they previously deemed not fit to put into their products. Just look at it when you eat it...it's not really chicken...or even food.

sure it is! i eat it and get full!

brihead301
10-16-2008, 02:24 PM

Holy s*** Cheesy Gordita Crunch's are frickin amazing.....Balls, now you've got me thinking about it, I'm goin out to get one right now.

And for the record, sausage, egg, and cheese mcgriddles are the s*** for Mickey D's breakfast. You gotta have chocolate milk with it though or else you're missing out on what just may be better then sex with Scarlett Johanson.

Mmmm.....mcgriddles off Scarlett J's snapper :drooling::drooling::drooling:.

HP666
10-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Yeah, I gotta say, those ****ing McGriddles are the ****!!!!! It's like the best of everything in one sandwich; gee, do I want eggs, do I want pancakes?? GIVE ME A MCGRIDDLE!!!!!

Tennessee Mike
10-16-2008, 04:59 PM
Holy s*** Cheesy Gordita Crunch's are frickin amazing.....

One of my favorites.Been eatin em for years now.Best thing on their menu.I usually get a couple chix chalupa supremes with it

RhodeHouse
10-16-2008, 06:56 PM

Do you work at McDonald's? i only ask because you seem to know the process by which McChickens are made. And, I know you wouldn't just make something up to prove your point, so what you're saying MUST, in fact, be true. And, I can only ASSUME that you work there based on your statement of fact. Do you get a discount when you work there?

mc studda
10-16-2008, 07:14 PM
i hate these threads. im cutting and cant eat anyyyyyything gooooood. sucks haha

FFHill
10-16-2008, 07:28 PM
Do you get a discount when you work there?

You bring up an interesting point... Maybe I need a part-time job?:bow:

anonymous1
10-16-2008, 08:38 PM
I don't, but my cousin did all the fast food jobs. Certified Grill Technician. I actually stand corrected though, as of 2007 they started using all white meat. Used to be 50% dark meat and 50% white meat leftover from their other chicken products. Never tried them since then.

Reko
10-16-2008, 08:41 PM
dark meat has more calories, whats wrong with that?

anonymous1
10-16-2008, 08:48 PM
Nothing is wrong with it, I just think it is gross. I didn't advise against McChicken's. It was just the lowest of their low quality garbage that adds 1000's of easy good tasting cals. I am wondering how the new ones taste though, probably similar to Wendy's dollar menu chicken sandwiches which are a lot worse than their combo versions...for the same reason. It's still the leftover stuff.

*eats quart of shrimp fried rice*

brihead301
10-17-2008, 06:33 AM
Mickey D's was actually my first job ever when I was 14 years old. You got all the free food you wanted for working there. It was amazing.

RhodeHouse
10-17-2008, 12:24 PM
Mickey D's was actually my first job ever when I was 14 years old. You got all the free food you wanted for working there. It was amazing.

Free food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be buying a McDonald's. That makes a man smile.

Tyrant
10-17-2008, 05:08 PM
I miss the $1 Hot n'Spicy. Oh well, there's always the $1 double cheese burger. It can compromise your health, no matter how much exercise you do. You may not feel the effects now, but depending on your family history, you could see it effect your health later in life, when you are less active. But then again, what doesn't compromise your health nowadays...

Dingus
10-17-2008, 07:19 PM
Will the put Big Mac sauce on any sandwich?

RhodeHouse
10-17-2008, 08:17 PM

They did for me. I just asked and they were cool about it.

Tennessee Mike
10-17-2008, 08:21 PM

Yup.They have to.Its their job.Usually I get the double cheeseburger with Mac sauce,but tonight for the first time,I will get the double quarter pounder with cheese. Thats the best thing about a bic mac anyway.

Dingus
10-17-2008, 09:04 PM
Jackpot.

Code_B
10-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Double cheeseburger w/ only lettuce onions and big mac sauce.

You tell the cashier you want just that and you basically get a big mac sans middle bun for only $1. 3 of those was my PWO meal for a while. Get em home and put some crystal's hot sauce on them and it is like the best thing ever.

Code_B
10-17-2008, 09:53 PM
hrm, I come to this thread and find out that asking for big mac sauce is common knowledge around these parts lol

EatMyWay2TheTop
10-18-2008, 03:30 AM
This is my running count of my trips to mcDonald's. I think it's important to note that God, himself, has decided that McDonald's is the food of champions.

So, my count starts now: 1

Breakfast on Saturday:
Sausage McMuffin w/egg, Hash Brown, coke

Man they stopped doing real breakfasts here. Last time I got one they gave me a cup of coffe and a pancake the size of a nickel. I might have vomited in disgust if I wasnt so affraid to lose that much calories in such an unproductive way.
By the way do you know around here Mc Donald's can provide you with a VIP card if you're a loyal customer. It means 10% off every order. You can't go wrong with Mc Donald's.

=Travis=
10-18-2008, 06:13 AM
McRibs are back

Had two of them last night. They are awesome

chris mason
10-18-2008, 09:20 AM
Man, these threads made me crave a Big Mac so I had a supersized meal for lunch yesterday... Lol, my system could not handle it and I had nasty indigestion last night.

RhodeHouse
10-18-2008, 10:03 AM
Man they stopped doing real breakfasts here. Last time I got one they gave me a cup of coffe and a pancake the size of a nickel. I might have vomited in disgust if I wasnt so affraid to lose that much calories in such an unproductive way.
By the way do you know around here Mc Donald's can provide you with a VIP card if you're a loyal customer. It means 10% off every order. You can't go wrong with Mc Donald's.

A valued customer card? That is brilliant! I'll have to look into this.

growthrep
10-18-2008, 04:15 PM
Rhodes, pal, I betrayed McDonalds this morning and went to Dunkin Donuts instead. I had 2 egg n cheese croissants with triple meat (3 meat patties -- damn good sammich!) and a chocolate donut. One hour later I hit PRs (not reps but poundage PRs) on bench, upright row and barbel rows. Long live fast food!

BTW, my waist to torso ratio has never been more athletic and powerful. Eat up, men! EAT UP!

RhodeHouse
10-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Rhodes, pal, I betrayed McDonalds this morning and went to Dunkin Donuts instead. I had 2 egg n cheese croissants with triple meat (3 meat patties -- damn good sammich!) and a chocolate donut. One hour later I hit PRs (not reps but poundage PRs) on bench, upright row and barbel rows. Long live fast food!

BTW, my waist to torso ratio has never been more athletic and powerful. Eat up, men! EAT UP!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Dunkin Donuts is good. It's ok to stray from the beaten path, every now and then. It's a good thing. When tough times hit, we'll get back to our roots.

drew
10-18-2008, 07:47 PM
I went to BK today. Gotta change it up from time to time. Keep the body guessing.

growthrep
10-18-2008, 07:58 PM
Drew, I haven't laughed this hard in weeks!!!!! Thanks, man!

growthrep
10-20-2008, 08:38 PM
Drew, had a triple whopper as my post w/o meal today. Hadn't had one in a while and decided to have one in ur honour. IT WAS DAMN GOOD!

Rhodehouse, I am cleaning up my diet tomorrow morning. No more junk food like DD and BK -- gonna head toward the golden arches for a nutritious meal. My body yearns for real macros.

RhodeHouse
10-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Drew, had a triple whopper as my post w/o meal today. Hadn't had one in a while and decided to have one in ur honour. IT WAS DAMN GOOD!

Rhodehouse, I am cleaning up my diet tomorrow morning. No more junk food like DD and BK -- gonna head toward the golden arches for a nutritious meal. My body yearns for real macros.

Smart man, brother. You're on your way to being jacked. Keep after it!

EvilKokonut
10-20-2008, 11:25 PM
lol im with ya... i've put on 22lbs during my bulk so far with the help of MCDs...

left hook
10-21-2008, 06:49 PM
two double cheese burgers with big mac sauce and a large diet coke before school today !

growthrep
10-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Rhodes, we need a Big mac eating contest, sponsored by WBB. Can you hook this up for us?

RhodeHouse
10-21-2008, 09:32 PM
Rhodes, we need a Big mac eating contest, sponsored by WBB. Can you hook this up for us?

With all the trouble I've caused on WBB, I don't think I have the pull to get this done. I'm lucky I haven't been banned.

That does sound like a good idea, though. I'm not much of an eater, though. I can eat a lot throughout the day, but have trouble pounding food at one time. Eating is very hard for me.

WillNoble
10-21-2008, 09:37 PM
Rhodes:

Buffalo wings, your thoughts?

KarstenDD
10-21-2008, 09:44 PM
They were out of apple pies today. Damned kids.

cphafner
10-21-2008, 09:59 PM
The McD's by my office is closed for renovations. I'm going to hit either BK or Wendy's tomorrow for lunch. Can't wait!

ryuage
10-21-2008, 10:06 PM
in'n'out ftw

cphafner
10-21-2008, 10:08 PM
in'n'out ftw

Take your west coast propaganda elsewhere.

WillNoble
10-21-2008, 10:09 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

nice

I LoL'ed

chris mason
10-21-2008, 10:34 PM
Ok, double Quarter Pounder with cheese today for lunch! Mmmmmmm!!!

bawdybuilder
10-22-2008, 01:38 AM
Double QP....mmmmm. Dont have that here, so its 2 double chees instead. http://lhnweb.info/img/419/h08s1009qoip/smile.gif

KarstenDD
10-22-2008, 01:51 AM
Ok, double Quarter Pounder with cheese today for lunch! Mmmmmmm!!!

I had one for dinner. Big Mac sauce makes it better.

Lones Green
10-22-2008, 03:23 AM
not to interrupt the McDonalds talk, but i'm having the triple steak burrito from Taco Bell for dinner.

308 here i come

cphafner
10-22-2008, 05:13 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

nice

I LoL'ed

I make one funny a day.

EatMyWay2TheTop
10-22-2008, 06:44 AM
Been to Mc Donald's yesterday before training, going again today before work and maybe a second time before training ??

RhodeHouse
10-22-2008, 07:32 AM
Rhodes:

Buffalo wings, your thoughts?

Love them! The trouble is, you have to eat so many. Over time, you can really pack aaway a good amount, though. Extra Blue Cheese.

RhodeHouse
10-22-2008, 07:36 AM
I can't believe you guys eat McDonald's, Wendy's, BK, Taco Bell, and the like. That's disgusting! Your health. Oh my god, your cholesterol. This is not the wayt o go about living a healthy, and long life. If you eat this kind of food you might gain weight, get stronger, and have no excuses for why you suck at the gym. This will be very detrimental to your failure as a lifter. If you don't have excuses as to why you're weak, you'll just have to admit you suck.

Sorry skinny guys. That's the longest I could keep up that charade. Eat on, boys. DQPC w/ Big Mac Sauce, fries, 4 piece McNuggets last night. MMMMMMM!

Kenny-SFW
10-22-2008, 08:04 AM
Double cheese burger plain with big mac sauce, I didn't know if I should eat it or make love to it first.:burger:

growthrep
10-22-2008, 08:12 AM
It's feelin' like a golden arches lunch for me today. 2 Big Macs and some nuggets. Can't wait for 12 pm.

Gable
10-22-2008, 10:57 AM
Todays breakfast number 2 -
hot cakes and sausage
egg mc muffin

Deliciousness ensues.

growthrep
10-22-2008, 10:59 AM
It's feelin' like a golden arches lunch for me today. 2 Big Macs and some nuggets. Can't wait for 12 pm.

mission accomplished. Dinner is lookin' like roast and mashed potatoes.

Hockey66
10-23-2008, 02:29 AM
No doubt McDonald's is calorie dense and awesome for bulking up and getting stronger, but does anyone here really believe that it's healthy?

EatMyWay2TheTop
10-23-2008, 03:04 AM
No doubt McDonald's is calorie dense and awesome for bulking up and getting stronger, but does anyone here really believe that it's healthy?

I trust Ronald with my life

ryuage
10-23-2008, 06:39 AM

you know you love it...

double double w grilled onions, fries, and a shake...

the only fast food place with 100% REAL beef =p

ryuage
10-23-2008, 06:40 AM
Love them! The trouble is, you have to eat so many. Over time, you can really pack aaway a good amount, though. Extra Blue Cheese.

takes about 50+ extra ranch and extra bleu cheese... then you realize you burned so many calories trying to get all the meat off those 50 wings.

growthrep
10-23-2008, 07:15 AM
2 Mcmuffins, hashbrowns and coffee for breffas at 6 a.m. Plus a pack of roast beef and 2 bananas just now. Today is deadlift day. Need to be well fueled. See you boys later.

Bracken
10-23-2008, 09:50 AM
I can't believe you guys eat McDonald's, Wendy's, BK, Taco Bell, and the like. That's disgusting! Your health. Oh my god, your cholesterol. This is not the wayt o go about living a healthy, and long life. If you eat this kind of food you might gain weight, get stronger, and have no excuses for why you suck at the gym. This will be very detrimental to your failure as a lifter. If you don't have excuses as to why you're weak, you'll just have to admit you suck.

Sorry skinny guys. That's the longest I could keep up that charade. Eat on, boys. DQPC w/ Big Mac Sauce, fries, 4 piece McNuggets last night. MMMMMMM!

I don't eat fast food because the food is the lowest grade meat on earth. It's of extremely low quality and it's prepared by people who don't wash their hands 50% of the time.

Gable
10-23-2008, 09:54 AM
But its delicious.

I embrace my love for the arches, taco hell, and wendy's .. and Freebirds, Chipotle,.. jack in the box is cool too.

Bracken
10-23-2008, 09:56 AM
Call me crazy, but I wouldn't eat a cupcake that was just handled by someone who took a dump and didn't wash their hands because "it's delicious".

Gable
10-23-2008, 09:59 AM
I guess I live in a fantasy world of fast food workers maintaining health code standards.

Bracken
10-23-2008, 10:10 AM
I guess I live in a fantasy world of fast food workers maintaining health code standards.

You do. Talk to someone who has worked at several fast food places.

RhodeHouse
10-23-2008, 12:16 PM
I don't eat fast food because the food is the lowest grade meat on earth. It's of extremely low quality and it's prepared by people who don't wash their hands 50% of the time.

Have you done studies on the percentage of people that wash their hands at fast food restaurants? I want to see the studies, in print, before I believe this.

Don't get your panties in a bunch. Fast food is phenominal. Protein, fat, and carbs. What more could you ask for? But, if you're desperately trying to stay skinny, stay away from fast food. I hate to see young guys out there with some appreciable muscle mass on them. It makes me realize that it's good to be big.

Kenny-SFW
10-23-2008, 12:18 PM

Bracken, we here on this thread love the golden arches. So please take you stereotypical comments to a thread more suited to your needs, like how to cure a nasty yeast infection. :hello:

Gable
10-23-2008, 12:21 PM

I don't choose to live my life worrying about things that are out of my control. I enjoy McD's and the like and will continue eating at those establishments.

I'll also continue to drink beer, whiskey and smoke cigars while sitting around my smoker cooking slabs of briskets laden with delicious smokey, salty fats....

As far as I know, we only go once through live. I'm going to do everything I can to enjoy as much of it as possible.

Yes..even McDs.

So if some 5 dollar an hour McD's employee doesn't wash their hands and I get Ecoli, I'll call you and tell you how right your were.

Until then its big mac time.

ehubbard
10-23-2008, 12:48 PM
I don't choose to live my life worrying about things that are out of my control. I enjoy McD's and the like and will continue eating at those establishments.

I'll also continue to drink beer, whiskey and smoke cigars while sitting around my smoker cooking slabs of briskets laden with delicious smokey, salty fats....

As far as I know, we only go once through live. I'm going to do everything I can to enjoy as much of it as possible.

Yes..even McDs.

So if some 5 dollar an hour McD's employee doesn't wash their hands and I get Ecoli, I'll call you and tell you how right your were.

Until then its big mac time.

This post is full of AWESOMENESS!

MattBag
10-23-2008, 12:56 PM
ok guys I couldn't hold back from posting this any longer....

THe BLT premium chicken sandwhich with a grilled snack wrap 'or' double cheese.... BEST POST WORKOUT EVER (despite the intense amount of sodium)

Mcdonalds is great $***

Ta2d
10-23-2008, 01:23 PM
I wanted to jump in here real quick and say that depending on which fast food establishments you go to, some are definately questionable as far as health. I had the unpleasant experience of working in fast food for my first job. I was completely disgusted during training when the employee showed me how "he" made a burger. The dude said "watch closely, this is how you do it". He began by dropping the burger on the floor and kicking it around repetatively. Then he picked it up and said to apply the special sauce which to him was the biggest "lugie" you've ever seen and then he covered it with lettuce and tomatoe. I quit that place after a few days....lol. That was way back in the day but now my daughter has some freinds who work in fast food and they laugh and tell her dumb **** they've done to peoples food too.

I do eat fast food every now and then but I have to try really hard to not think back to that **** before I take a bite. I'm sure that all fast food places don't do it, but I know from experience that some do.

growthrep
10-23-2008, 01:23 PM
I think it's pretty certain that anyone who hates the godlen arches has not had a big mac in a while. Try it, with a couple QPs after your next w/o. Guaranteed you'll like it.

Hope I'm not upsetting anyone but I'm stopping off for a pre-dinner golden arches snack on the way home tonight.

HP666
10-23-2008, 02:59 PM

I just had a Triple Whopper meal myself the other night. I had the meal KING size with Onion Rings and a Coke, and threw in two Whopper Jr's and one Spicy Chicken sandwich as an appetizer, and yes, I ate it ALL. McDonald's is the king, but the onion rings at BK are a nice change of pace; and the 3XL Whopper, well, it's just a thing of beauty.

Bracken
10-23-2008, 06:00 PM
I wanted to jump in here real quick and say that depending on which fast food establishments you go to, some are definately questionable as far as health. I had the unpleasant experience of working in fast food for my first job. I was completely disgusted during training when the employee showed me how "he" made a burger. The dude said "watch closely, this is how you do it". He began by dropping the burger on the floor and kicking it around repetatively. Then he picked it up and said to apply the special sauce which to him was the biggest "lugie" you've ever seen and then he covered it with lettuce and tomatoe. I quit that place after a few days....lol. That was way back in the day but now my daughter has some freinds who work in fast food and they laugh and tell her dumb **** they've done to peoples food too.

I do eat fast food every now and then but I have to try really hard to not think back to that **** before I take a bite. I'm sure that all fast food places don't do it, but I know from experience that some do.

Welcome to reality. Apparently it's not embraced by many of the fast food going crowd.

Have you done studies on the percentage of people that wash their hands at fast food restaurants? I want to see the studies, in print, before I believe this.

No, I did not do a study. It's fairly easy to see why the food is handled so poorly. You have extremely low paid individuals who are usually very young, and really have no incentive to take pride in their work. This usually means very poor service and sub-par standards.

Hockey66
10-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Welcome to reality. Apparently it's not embraced by many of the fast food going crowd.

No, I did not do a study. It's fairly easy to see why the food is handled so poorly. You have extremely low paid individuals who are usually very young, and really have no incentive to take pride in their work. This usually means very poor service and sub-par standards.

:withstupi:

Anyone who has ever worked at, or known anybody who has worked at a fast food chain knows what really goes on behind those counters. I'm not saying it's going to stop me from going and getting a baconator if I'm really craving one, but it's something I try to not do too frequently.

Hockey66
10-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Fast food is phenominal. Protein, fat, and carbs. What more could you ask for? But, if you're desperately trying to stay skinny, stay away from fast food. I hate to see young guys out there with some appreciable muscle mass on them. It makes me realize that it's good to be big.

Of course fast food is phenomenal for getting big and strong, easy calories that taste awesome. On the other hand, so is steak, chicken, ground beef, pasta, potatoes, olive oil, peanut butter, yams, rice, cottage cheese, milk, etc. etc. and all these are much better for you. I just don't really understand promoting fast food for a healthy lifestyle, when there is clearly tons of evidence proving otherwise (real evidence, not supersize me).

vdizenzo
10-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Of course fast food is phenomenal for getting big and strong, easy calories that taste awesome. On the other hand, so is steak, chicken, ground beef, pasta, potatoes, olive oil, peanut butter, yams, rice, cottage cheese, milk, etc. etc. and all these are much better for you. I just don't really understand promoting fast food for a healthy lifestyle, when there is clearly tons of evidence proving otherwise (real evidence, not supersize me).

Yes, McDonald's is bad, but your avatar is much worse.

Lones Green
10-23-2008, 07:22 PM

Vin you're cracking me up tonight

Travis Bell
10-23-2008, 07:49 PM

HAHAHAHA

TopCat
10-23-2008, 08:33 PM
Whats with all the talk about wanting studies? Pencil necks apparently ask for studies. All accounts of personal experiences (which is all that counts, lol) suggests that the handling of food and sanity of said food absolutely sucks.

cphafner
10-23-2008, 09:43 PM
I had Burger King for breakfast and Wendy's for lunch. I somehow still have abs. I must be doing something wrong. I'll keep at it though!

RhodeHouse
10-23-2008, 09:53 PM

Seriously, go away. It's very clear that we are all celebrating the fact that we love fast food. If you don't, that's fine. To each their own. But, in our family of meateaters, we don't take to kindly to folks like you telling us what we don't care about.

Your unsubstantiated remarks on the quality of service I receive from my brethren at McDonald's is ridiculous. I would much rather you keep your opinion to yourself. It would keep the big guys on here in a much better mood.

RhodeHouse
10-23-2008, 09:58 PM

Dude,
I'm 33 years old, 320lbs, and a top ten lifter in the SHW. Believe me, I don't need advice from an 18 year old kid who is barely big enough for me to consider a man.

I don't lift to be healthy. I lift to be really f#$%ing strong. Period. Guess what? I've figured it out. Please, keep your thoughts on this to yourself. You have NOTHING to offer me or the other 5-10 300lb guys on here that LOVE eating fast food when we feel like.

Here's some free advice that you'll probably not use because you are too smart for the rest of us. Listen to the people that have come before you. We were told by those that came before us.

By the way, what's up with your avatar?

Bracken
10-23-2008, 10:49 PM
Belittling him because he's smaller than you?

Hockey66
10-23-2008, 10:57 PM
Dude,
I'm 33 years old, 320lbs, and a top ten lifter in the SHW. Believe me, I don't need advice from an 18 year old kid who is barely big enough for me to consider a man.

I don't lift to be healthy. I lift to be really f#$%ing strong. Period. Guess what? I've figured it out. Please, keep your thoughts on this to yourself. You have NOTHING to offer me or the other 5-10 300lb guys on here that LOVE eating fast food when we feel like.

Here's some free advice that you'll probably not use because you are too smart for the rest of us. Listen to the people that have come before you. We were told by those that came before us.

By the way, what's up with your avatar?

Dude, I'm not giving you advice. For a 320 lbs. man you seem to turn into a little bitch every time someone questions you, what the **** is up with that. I'm wondering why you're telling people that eating McDonald's all the time is healthy, not why you're telling them its good to get big.

You say "I don't lift to be healthy", yet you make a self-contradicting thread called "Rhodes' McDonalds for a healthy lifestyle". I'm sure you've figured out the perfect formula for getting big and strong and I'm not going to question that, but when it comes to general health I'm sure you don't know much more than any other average joe.

If I wanted to be a 300 lbs. powerlifter I would listen to your advice, but I don't. I'm an athlete/bodybuilder/science student at university. I know and accept that you know way more than me about getting big and strong, I just think it's ******ed that you're telling people that there's nothing wrong with eating fast food all day.

Oh and about my avatar, everyone and their dogs put up pictures of their biceps, triceps, abs, etc. I think that is pussy ****. My picture will always either be my back or my legs, because I love squatting and deadlifting. If almost-seeing another dude's junk makes you insecure, that's your problem.

Travis Bell
10-23-2008, 11:15 PM
but when it comes to general health I'm sure you don't know much more than any other average joe.

If I wanted to be a 300 lbs. powerlifter I would listen to your advice, but I don't. I'm an athlete/bodybuilder/science student at university. I know and accept that you know way more than me about getting big and strong, I just think it's ******ed that you're telling people that there's nothing wrong with eating fast food all day.

First you most obviously don't know what Rhodes does for a full time job

and second, why did you come into this thread in the first place? If you don't want to hear his advice, its so very simple, don't. No need to post to the world that you don't want to listen to his advice

Hockey66
10-23-2008, 11:25 PM
First you most obviously don't know what Rhodes does for a full time job

and second, why did you come into this thread in the first place? If you don't want to hear his advice, its so very simple, don't. No need to post to the world that you don't want to listen to his advice

1. No, I have no idea what he does full time.

2. It's an open discussion forum, just because he started the thread doesn't mean he owns it.

3. I never said I didn't want his advice, I'm sure he has lots of good advice to offer in the area of powerlifting.

4. If this thread was about how fast food kicks ass for bulking up, then I agree and probably would have posted a similar response to everyone else, because I actually ate a baconator earlier in the day. But, that's not what this thread is about. It's about "McDonald's for a healthy lifestyle", and up to this point all he has to back that up is that he eats McDonald's and he has a clean bill of health. That a sample size of ONE human being, the case is very different for many others. If anyone can provide proof that eating McDonalds every day long term has no potential to lead to health problems, I'll butt out and let all of you guys continue fellating each other.

Kenny-SFW
10-24-2008, 01:06 AM
a couple of thoughts, Hockey69, yes this is an open thread but as stated in the first few comments this is not a thread for people like you who have little to no experience in this sport or as an athlete and who are closed minded about fast food. You have no factual information supporting your claims. I eat fast food, pizza and diner food a few times per week. My blood work and organ functions are fine. I don't weigh 340 because I eat chicken fish rice and oatmeal. As for your avatar...., interesting, your boyfriends must love it. The tranny I was with last weekend had bigger legs than you...., and quite the package I must add. 5 foot whatever 210..., dude there is nothing big on you.:hump::hump::hump:

Bracken
10-24-2008, 01:26 AM
I eat fast food, pizza and diner food a few times per week. My blood work and organ functions are fine.

Congratulations. There are millions of people who drink alcohol "a few times per week" who are perfectly healthy.

Alcohol is also responsible for approximately 75,000 deaths in this country per year (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6089353/).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what you and Rhodes are claiming is that since something can be consumed a few times a week with no adverse health effects, then it is 100% healthy under all circumstances. That's clearly false, as we can see with the alcohol analogy above.

I'm actually surprised at how outright offensive some people in this thread are. I'm not sure if it's just their general insecurity, or if they had a bad day-but it's really quite surprising that certain people feel the need to attack others personally when we're talking about fast food. It sort of reminds me of the bully in school that was embarrassed he wasn't intelligent enough to pass 4th grade the first two times, so he picks on other kids.

EatMyWay2TheTop
10-24-2008, 03:05 AM
Truth is you'll never convince anyone in this thread to stop going to fast-foods so why bother. Let us celebrate the food of the Titans.

Hockey66
10-24-2008, 03:10 AM
No, but we may prevent newbies who come here seeking knowledge from being misled into thinking eating fast food is the number one way to get big fast and there is no health risk associated with it. Eating fast food multiple times a day is potentially dangerous, and there are healthier although a bit more difficult ways.

Just_Moe
10-24-2008, 04:37 AM
I am just curious what the thoughts are about Dave Tate and his recent "new birth" about food and his lifting etc? He was a huge fast food imbiber w/ significant lifting ability but his blood work came back with a form to fill out for life insurance and a funeral planner so he shifted EATING but not really his lifting from what I understand.

I am sure you all will come back with WTF is she doing here and who gives a **** about Dave Tate.

Plus, how much muscle DOES saturated and trans fat grow?

EatMyWay2TheTop
10-24-2008, 05:15 AM
I am just curious what the thoughts are about Dave Tate and his recent "new birth" about food and his lifting etc? He was a huge fast food imbiber w/ significant lifting ability but his blood work came back with a form to fill out for life insurance and a funeral planner so he shifted EATING but not really his lifting from what I understand.

I am sure you all will come back with WTF is she doing here and who gives a **** about Dave Tate.

You should read his "My encounter with me" article on Elitefts.com

Chubrock
10-24-2008, 06:53 AM
Eating fast food multiple times a day is potentially dangerous, and there are healthier although a bit more difficult ways.

Rhodes has posted his diet in other threads, and you'd do good to go take a glance at it. It's pretty damn clean with a few dirty meals thrown in when the calories are low. He's stated before that he eats McDs somewhere around 8-10 times a month which equates to a couple of times a week, not the several times a day that you suggested. Furthermore, Rhodes is a funny ass mfer and knows he gets on people's nerves, hence the emphasis on healthy lifestyle in the thread title. Just loosen up man and eat a Double Stack because, as I told Rhodes, McDs is just evil and God loves Wendys).

Gable
10-24-2008, 07:20 AM
This post is full of AWESOMENESS!

Thanks man..

TopCat
10-24-2008, 12:10 PM
Hockey69, yes this is an open thread but as stated in the first few comments this is not a thread for people like you who have little to no experience in this sport or as an athlete and who are closed minded about fast food. You have no factual information supporting your claims. I eat fast food, pizza and diner food a few times per week. My blood work and organ functions are fine. I don't weigh 340 because I eat chicken fish rice and oatmeal. As for your avatar...., interesting, your boyfriends must love it. The tranny I was with last weekend had bigger legs than you...., and quite the package I must add. 5 foot whatever 210..., dude there is nothing big on you.:hump::hump::hump:

No experience as an athlete? Did you ask him if he is involved in any sports?

I wish they wouldn't let middle school out so early.

Grow up.

Bracken
10-24-2008, 12:28 PM
Rhodes has posted his diet in other threads, and you'd do good to go take a glance at it. It's pretty damn clean with a few dirty meals thrown in when the calories are low. He's stated before that he eats McDs somewhere around 8-10 times a month which equates to a couple of times a week, not the several times a day that you suggested. Furthermore, Rhodes is a funny ass mfer and knows he gets on people's nerves, hence the emphasis on healthy lifestyle in the thread title. Just loosen up man and eat a Double Stack because, as I told Rhodes, McDs is just evil and God loves Wendys).

If he's only eating it a couple of times per week, why is the thread titled "Rhodes McDonalds for a healthy lifestyle"?

The thread should be titled "you can eat fast food in moderation and be healthy".

Eating something twice or three times per week is hardly a "lifestyle". It seems as though his only goal is to get a rise out of people and make childish remarks. I think they call that a troll.

Gable
10-24-2008, 12:31 PM
My assumption is that the title was a bit tongue in cheek.

But what do I know? I don't have a sense of humor that I'm aware of.

growthrep
10-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Once again, I had McDonald's today. 2 Big Macs, 2 orders supersized fries. I have never felt better, stronger and healthier. Carry on with the hatred. I'm off to PR on squats.

Hockey66
10-24-2008, 01:04 PM

I'm not going to troll through all of his posts to find out everything about him, I simply stumbled upon this one and the general idea it's giving off is that it is fine to eat fast food all the time and without health risks. Of course anything in moderation is fine. People should just be led to understand that there are better ways to get in the calories than slamming down fast food every day.

Travis Bell
10-24-2008, 01:11 PM
If you'd have read this thread all the way through before jumping in and posting, you might see that he doesn't post that he has 3 McD's meals every day.

Travis Bell
10-24-2008, 01:12 PM

This really doesn't have much to do with this thread at all, but should you like to start a new one that'd be fine. Many of us here are good personal friends with Dave Tate, including Rhodehouse

Chubrock
10-24-2008, 01:19 PM
I think they call that a troll.

So sayeth the guy who joined this month. The fact is, Rhodes has been posting like this for many months, and it only bothers a few. If you don't like it, oh well. Get over it.

Hockey66
10-24-2008, 01:25 PM
Out of line post.

Chubrock
10-24-2008, 01:33 PM
It's pretty sad that someone who is top 10 in their sport and who has a lot to offer the world cannot do it because he doesn't possess the social or conversational skills to defend a point without using insults.

Actually Hockey, he does answer a lot of questions, especially in the PLing forum. Anytime anybody needs anything, he's more than willing to answer. With that said, there have been members that have tried to bust his balls in the nutrition forum and he enjoys stirring people up. He does a good job of it too haha.

Pete22
10-24-2008, 01:34 PM
I just discovered something delicious. I took a double cheeseburger, I opened it up and put a McChicken patty in the middle. It's good.

vdizenzo
10-24-2008, 01:35 PM

Dave's bloodwork was not simply a result of eating fast food. Nor does Dave regret those times. I know he still misses it. He bloated around 20lbs when we all met for a seminar in Boston. He did not want to come in looking lean. He wanted to come in big. He rode ths horse as long as he could. In addition he could no longer compete in powerlifting due to his many previous injuries.

I applaud what he has done with his body. It's hard work. He said he did it because he needs something to focus on in the gym and this was what was left after not being able to compete in pl. However, if you ever had a chance to sit down with him, he is a true fat kid at heart. He loves bad food. He had a great ride while it lasted. It's a shame he was kicked out of Rhodestown. RIP Dave.

vdizenzo
10-24-2008, 01:38 PM
Rhodes' journal is one of the top read at Elitefts. I'll tell you why, he knows what he is talking about and he's entertaining. He's a better man than I because when someone does not appreciate my efforts, I just cut them off. Rhodes is very passionate about this stuff.

growthrep
10-24-2008, 01:50 PM
Hockey, why the hostility? Weightlifting is fun. Go have a double QP or a triple Whopper and enjoy life for a change. Seriously, pal. Relax.

Hockey66
10-24-2008, 01:52 PM
I tried keeping it civil earlier, it doesn't work.

Travis Bell
10-24-2008, 01:59 PM
It is assumed that if you post in a thread, you've read the previous posts in that thread and then have something worthwhile to contribute to the topic of discussion.

If you can't take the time to read through the thread, you might save yourself some trouble and just not post in the thread

Hockey66
10-24-2008, 02:03 PM
I read through the thread, and just skimmed it again. The general impression is still that it's alright to eat McDonald's all the time and be healthy and I can't find a post stating that it's only a couple times per week. I think anyone could have been under the same impression, and all I was doing was trying to clear it up. I wasn't questioning his, yours or anyone elses knowledge of how to get big and strong.

Travis Bell
10-24-2008, 02:09 PM
I read through the thread, and just skimmed it again. The general impression is still that it's alright to eat McDonald's all the time and be healthy and I can't find a post stating that it's only a couple times per week. I think anyone could have been under the same impression, and all I was doing was trying to clear it up. I wasn't questioning his, yours or anyone elses knowledge of how to get big and strong.

Ok, read Rhodes posts (note, not Rhode, its spelled with an s). When he eats at McD's he posts what he eats. In the upper left hand corner, it shows the date and time he posted it. Its not too difficult to notice that there isn't 3 posts per day, or even every day, recording his meals at McDs. Most would assume this is because he doesn't eat there every day.

Hockey66
10-24-2008, 02:16 PM
Yes, because I was really taking the time to do that as I was glancing through this thread and posted my first reply. The title is very misleading, as the word lifestyle makes most people assume that he's eating it every day. When I posted my first question why didn't he, or you, just clear up that it was only a couple times a week instead of verbally attacking me and anyone else who posted the same question. Everyone knows that anything in moderation is, for the most part, safe.

Travis Bell
10-24-2008, 02:22 PM
LOL you have got to be kidding me, you were the one who jumped in here and attacked Rhodes!

My point is next time just read through the thread instead of basing your entire position on one word in the title

Bracken
10-24-2008, 02:28 PM
Nobody is disagreeing with Rhodes. We all know that eating fast food in moderation is perfectly fine.

People are mad because he acts like a child.

Hockey66
10-24-2008, 02:31 PM
LOL you have got to be kidding me, you were the one who jumped in here and attacked Rhodes!

My point is next time just read through the thread instead of basing your entire position on one word in the title

I attacked him?

I said: "Of course fast food is phenomenal for getting big and strong, easy calories that taste awesome. On the other hand, so is steak, chicken, ground beef, pasta, potatoes, olive oil, peanut butter, yams, rice, cottage cheese, milk, etc. etc. and all these are much better for you. I just don't really understand promoting fast food for a healthy lifestyle, when there is clearly tons of evidence proving otherwise (real evidence, not supersize me)."

And he replied by saying I'm barely big enough to be considered a man, and basically told my my opinion was worthless because I haven't had the time to accomplish what he has. Any rational human being can see who's attacking who, I might have been out of line in the backlash, but these forums are so ****ed up now I don't really care.

bawdybuilder
10-24-2008, 02:43 PM
I was at mcdonalds today. Fast, easy and.....http://lhnweb.info/img/419/d08n1009zqnc/biggrin.gif

ehubbard
10-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Come on Guys! Let's not get our panties in a bunch about this topic (and some people here are clearly displaying their panties in a bunch in their avatar).

starfox
10-24-2008, 02:54 PM
3 double cheeseburgers, 2 jr mcchickens and a snack wrap today, in your honour Rhodes.

HP666
10-24-2008, 03:05 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MNRob
10-24-2008, 03:23 PM
Youk know, I try to read as much as I can from those that I think know what they are talking about, the delivery to me doesn't matter just the substance. One of the biggest things I have gotten from my readings is the need for comradery amond power lifters, body builders, etc. Either in workout "gangs" lifting buddies or something WBB is supposed to be, on online forum.

Franky, I don't see it here anymore (in my short tenure). The overwhelming way of thinking here is, if you don't lift big numbers you are not worthy and your opinion will get your size and lifts ridiculed. Yes I believe a certain amount of respect should be shown towards those who have some great accomplishments, but it seems a growing number of those at the top rapidly forget they didn't invent or through some diligent scientific research come up with the greatest program in the world to get big and strong, they too stood on the shoulders of someone else to get where they are, just as newer guys and gals are trying to do now.

So, who cares if someone says/thinks eating McDonalds is healthy, one experience is hardly proof for or against. If it works for them, good on em, carry on do what works for you. If don't agree, DON'T do it, if you feel you must disprove them, offer your opinon ONCE and let it be. Just because someone is big and strong and is a championship lifter, doesn't mean every single word or though out of their mouth is gospel, and just because you think you know better than someone else means you have the carte blanche post the same idea OVER AND OVER again. Why is so hard to have a difference of opinion and respect someone elses view on things?

joey54
10-24-2008, 04:09 PM
At least this is good entertainment.

Focused70
10-24-2008, 05:13 PM

No love for Burger King.

*sniff*

T FLEX
10-24-2008, 05:35 PM
I ate a Double Cheeseburger but crapped a McChicken sandwich. Any advise?

:burger: :fart:

ryuage
10-24-2008, 05:42 PM
I ate a Double Cheeseburger but crapped a McChicken sandwich. Any advise?

:burger: :fart:

seek medical attention

bodybuildingwim
10-24-2008, 07:20 PM
are you guy's for real?? looking to close up your veins

Chubrock
10-24-2008, 09:14 PM
No love for Burger King.

*sniff*

Sorry Soba, just not a big fan of the King. I did like the Rodeo Burger they used to have, but other than that...they do have the best fries though.

Hockey66
10-24-2008, 09:19 PM
Sorry Soba, just not a big fan of the King. I did like the Rodeo Burger they used to have, but other than that...they do have the best fries though.

WTF dude! I thought it was common knowledge that McDonald's fries owned. I've never even heard BK mentioned in the fry debate.

Chubrock
10-24-2008, 09:21 PM
WTF dude! I thought it was common knowledge that McDonald's fries owned. I've never even heard BK mentioned in the fry debate.

McD's fries are terrible. BKs are pretty damn good. With that said, Checker's Fries own everybody. Not sure if Checker's is a national chain or just a southern thing, but damn they're good.

KarstenDD
10-24-2008, 09:29 PM
Youk know, I try to read as much as I can from those that I think know what they are talking about, the delivery to me doesn't matter just the substance. One of the biggest things I have gotten from my readings is the need for comradery amond power lifters, body builders, etc. Either in workout "gangs" lifting buddies or something WBB is supposed to be, on online forum.

Franky, I don't see it here anymore (in my short tenure). The overwhelming way of thinking here is, if you don't lift big numbers you are not worthy and your opinion will get your size and lifts ridiculed. Yes I believe a certain amount of respect should be shown towards those who have some great accomplishments, but it seems a growing number of those at the top rapidly forget they didn't invent or through some diligent scientific research come up with the greatest program in the world to get big and strong, they too stood on the shoulders of someone else to get where they are, just as newer guys and gals are trying to do now.

So, who cares if someone says/thinks eating McDonalds is healthy, one experience is hardly proof for or against. If it works for them, good on em, carry on do what works for you. If don't agree, DON'T do it, if you feel you must disprove them, offer your opinon ONCE and let it be. Just because someone is big and strong and is a championship lifter, doesn't mean every single word or though out of their mouth is gospel, and just because you think you know better than someone else means you have the carte blanche post the same idea OVER AND OVER again. Why is so hard to have a difference of opinion and respect someone elses view on things?

I didn't see anyone criticizing anyone's lifts. Just because flack gets thrown at the small doesn't mean it gets thrown at the weak. As long as they are trying to get stronger weak lifts will be left alone. In fact I see a lot more people giving their numbers and then bringing up the fact that it isn't very strong themselves.Everyone starts somewhere.

Hockey66
10-24-2008, 09:31 PM
Just because flack gets thrown at the small doesn't mean it gets thrown at the weak.

What's the difference dude? It's still being throw at people who are starting somewhere.

MNRob
10-24-2008, 09:41 PM
I didn't see anyone criticizing anyone's lifts. Just because flack gets thrown at the small doesn't mean it gets thrown at the weak. As long as they are trying to get stronger weak lifts will be left alone. In fact I see a lot more people giving their numbers and then bringing up the fact that it isn't very strong themselves.Everyone starts somewhere.

I can appreciate flak and jabbing at each other, but this crap that is just dripping with venom, shows a lot of true colors.

My mistake, I thought this was a thread that had been locked and reopened, in the "other" MiccyDees thread a lot of arguments and opinions were being dismissed as "You are 205 pounds, I don't understand small", or Your lat spread isn't that impressive, etc. That is fine for joking and encouragement not for dissmissing someones opinion because it differs from your own.

KarstenDD
10-24-2008, 09:41 PM
What's the difference dude? It's still being throw at people who are starting somewhere.

MNrob made a point about people with low numbers having their lifts criticized. That isn't happening. The only people who get yelled at for being skinny are the people who either complain the most about how hard it is to gain weight or try to tell everyone else that gaining weight is bad and if you get fat then you will die.

Hockey66
10-24-2008, 09:55 PM
MNrob made a point about people with low numbers having their lifts criticized. That isn't happening. The only people who get yelled at for being skinny are the people who either complain the most about how hard it is to gain weight or try to tell everyone else that gaining weight is bad and if you get fat then you will die.

Who ever said that?

KarstenDD
10-24-2008, 10:00 PM
I can appreciate flak and jabbing at each other, but this crap that is just dripping with venom, shows a lot of true colors.

My mistake, I thought this was a thread that had been locked and reopened, in the "other" MiccyDees thread a lot of arguments and opinions were being dismissed as "You are 205 pounds, I don't understand small", or Your lat spread isn't that impressive, etc. That is fine for joking and encouragement not for dissmissing someones opinion because it differs from your own.

Those criticisms all come down to experience vs opinion. Rhodes has been somewhere. He has done something.
Now, as far as I know there aren't many people that mainly post in the bodybuilding boards and compete. Now I could very easily be wrong but I wouldn't know because they obviously aren't the ones crowing about how if you eat fast food you will get fat and be incredibly unhealthy.
Now if someone who has competed in bodybuilding at a high level wants to start talking about how fast food doesn't work they can. But they won't because it is a sure fire way to get plenty of quick calories on the go.

KarstenDD
10-24-2008, 10:02 PM
Who ever said that?

It's hyperbole, chief. You should probably be pretty familiar with it.

HP666
10-24-2008, 11:27 PM
No love for Burger King.

*sniff*

Oh yeah there is, check back a couple pages!!!

Triple Whopper w/ cheese........onion rings......(drools like Homer Simpson)

ProLogic
10-25-2008, 01:16 AM
Damn yesterday all I ate was McDonalds.. felt like **** afterwards.

EatMyWay2TheTop
10-25-2008, 02:43 AM
Damn yesterday all I ate was McDonalds.. felt like **** afterwards.

You need to up your work capacity :tuttut:

I had 3 Big Macs and some chicken nuggets yesterday evening. .

Hockey66
10-25-2008, 02:49 AM
It's hyperbole, chief. You should probably be pretty familiar with it.

Is drastically over exaggerating your point the only way you can defend your argument? :rolleyes:

Focused70
10-25-2008, 08:37 AM
I went to a BBQ place here in NYC for dinner last night. I didn't bring my camera with me but I do have pix from last year when it first opened.

Just thought I'd share.

PS. I'm one of the skinnier people on WBB by the way. Not all beanpoles believe in the starvation diet. ;)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1429/536648908_fc92b4a897_o.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1311/536643620_1ae95767c3_o.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1134/536643632_12483102bf_o.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1376/536643636_e54e0c6621_o.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1249/536643642_ae8235320a_o.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1142/536761191_5c615adaeb_o.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1250/536761203_b74be927a1_o.jpg
Peanut butter and jelly cupcakes with Reese's Pieces

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1116/536761217_f8260db296_o.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1309/536761219_3de3c36954_o.jpg

Travis Bell
10-25-2008, 09:03 AM
Nice work Soba!

ryuage
10-25-2008, 09:35 AM
nobody has mentioned chicfila

Gable
10-25-2008, 09:44 AM
Soba - that place looks awesome. I see they mention "Kreuz" sausage.. there is an OLD place near here, in Lockhart, Kreuz's .. legendary BBQ.

Those prices though.. good lord man.. thats twice as much as it is down here.. I guess things are pricey in NYC....

I wonder if someone from these parts opened that joint up? Its called Hill Country? and they have Kreuz sausage...interesting.

http://www.hillcountryny.com/

I guess so.. hahaha..

GOD BLESS TEXAS.

ps - thanks for posting those mouthwatering pics, Soba..

oh, and Ryuage.. Chik Fil A has the BEST fries.. Waffle Fries rock.. more surface area to tater ratio, means a crispier frie.

ehubbard
10-25-2008, 10:41 AM
Soba,

I have never heard of this place. I must go soon. Thanks for the info :) Maybe McD's for afternoon snack and then dinner at HILL COUNTRY!

Lones Green
10-25-2008, 10:44 AM
nobody has mentioned chicfila

a bit expensive, but its pretty good. not for packing in the calories though, you want the red meat.

maybe if you got 2 milkshakes, 3 fried sandwiches, and 2 fries...you're looking at a $25 tab!

EatMyWay2TheTop
10-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Soba where is that place in NYC. I'll visit it next time I come.

Focused70
10-25-2008, 01:08 PM
Soba where is that place in NYC. I'll visit it next time I come.

It's near Madison Square. I know the owner. He had a set up at the last Big Apple BBQ Block Party.

The Kreuz sausage is the real deal. There are other BBQ places in NYC like Pearson's and Daisy Mays but neither really compares to Hill Country imo.

On the other hand when in Texas, I like Salt Lick.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3011/2559354301_c5ed2e996d_o.jpg
Closeup shot of bbq ribs

The folks at Salt Lick came up to NYC this June. Great guys and awesome 'cue.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3092/2560177562_4a98b1a010_o.jpg
A tray of Kreuz sausage

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3082/2560177662_41f809482b_o.jpg
Hill Country is both a full-service restaurant and a country music club.

Gable
10-25-2008, 01:09 PM
Awesome Soba..

Salt Lick is awesome too.. killer ribs and sauce..

Focused70
10-25-2008, 01:11 PM
I now return you to a discussion of McDonald's over chicken breasts and oatmeal.

This food pr0n commercial brought to you by WBB's resident hobbit. :)

cphafner
10-25-2008, 01:15 PM
Hill Country is both a full-service restaurant and a country music club.

Some of my southern friends wanted me to go line dancing here a few months back. That didn't happen. Never been here before. I had some pretty good ribs at Blue Smoke by Madison Square Park.

Travis Bell
10-25-2008, 01:52 PM
This is where I'm going tonight. It was my girls idea

http://www.montgomeryinn.com/index.php

between this and all day football, life is good

chris mason
10-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Looks great Travis! Have fun!

Hockey66
10-25-2008, 04:07 PM
I can't believe nobody here has mentioned Chipotle, this **** was a life saver for me when I got sick of burgers and subway.

http://blogs.menupages.com/boston/Chipotle%20Burrito.jpg

KarstenDD
10-25-2008, 04:09 PM
I can't believe nobody here has mentioned Chipotle, this **** was a life saver for me when I got sick of burgers and subway.

I thought you hated everything that is good with the world.

HP666
10-25-2008, 05:18 PM
I'm only 45 minutes from NYC, maybe all of us WBB boys in the area should meet at Hill's one night to meet, greet and throw on the feedbag!!! We may even be able to talk Rhodes and Vinny into driving down!!!

Travis Bell
10-25-2008, 09:52 PM
Looks great Travis! Have fun!

I ate a full rack, a good portion of my girls and the sweet potatoe to boot. I'm still a bit euphoric. What a wonderful meal. Sweet juicy meat, falling off the bone. Rib after rib packed with tender meat......oh man *drools*

Hockey66
10-26-2008, 04:03 AM
I thought you hated everything that is good with the world.

I stated multiple times that I ate a ton of fast food on my last bulk and am a huge advocate of it for gaining weight and strength, I went from 145 to 230 in under 2 years time. I did so knowing full well that it was not the healthiest life choice.

Chubrock
10-26-2008, 07:36 AM
Yesterday:

McDs Breakfast-

2 Sausage Burritos
1 Sausage Biscuit
1 32oz Sweet Tea

Taco Bell Lunch-

2 Double Beef Burritos
1 Volcano Taco

Lones Green
10-26-2008, 08:56 AM
Yesterday:

McDs Breakfast-

2 Sausage Burritos
1 Sausage Biscuit
1 32oz Sweet Tea

Taco Bell Lunch-

2 Double Beef Burritos
1 Volcano Taco

be sure to carry some baby wipes around with you today :)

Dingus
10-26-2008, 12:54 PM

Chipotle is amazing, however you lose points for not putting up a picture of a burrito bol, seriously it is so much more satisfying then the burrito.

cphafner
10-26-2008, 01:07 PM

I'm pretty sure I mentioned it in this thread. I have another thread just devoted to Chiptole and Qdoba.

EatMyWay2TheTop
10-26-2008, 01:11 PM
3 big macs and some pizza just after training

anonymous1
10-26-2008, 02:29 PM
lol I love how this post illustrates that while we are all ideally trying to be the biggest, leanest, strongest, healthiest dudes around...we just end up eating fast food everyday and lifting weights and say screw the healthy/lean part. I always write up an "ideal" diet to meet my 5000 or so calories, and actually stick to it maybe 1-2 times a week in favor of just filling in cals with 3 spicy chicken fillets, and 3 5 piece nuggets, or something similar, along with a protein shake for my final meal. When I'm finally done trying to gain 50lbs in a year, I'll clean it up. I do feel significantly worse when eating this garbage. I can't wait to cut.

Chubrock
10-26-2008, 02:44 PM
lol I love how this post illustrates that while we are all ideally trying to be the biggest, leanest, strongest, healthiest dudes around...we just end up eating fast food everyday and lifting weights and say screw the healthy/lean part.

There's only a handful of people in this thread that are worried about being the leanest and healthiest they possibley can. Everybody else for the most part wants to be jacked and smash weight.

anonymous1
10-26-2008, 02:59 PM
Yeah but ideally, you would be jacked and smash weight and be healthy and lean. It's just too much of a pain in the ass to cover all the bases. Maybe I'm wrong, I just thought it was a given to want to be healthy. I guess the lean part isn't though.

Bracken
10-26-2008, 04:02 PM
I stopped eating Chipotle when the location about 20 minutes from me was shut down for several weeks because of a food poisoning outbreak that got about 150 people in the college town extremely sick. After health officials tested the food they said it was caused by fecal bacteria. Just an FYI thing :) There's a bunch of articles online about it if anyone is interested.

I just can't stomach the way the food is handled/treated. I'd much rather cook my own meals.

Chubrock
10-26-2008, 05:06 PM
I stopped eating Chipotle when the location about 20 minutes from me was shut down for several weeks because of a food poisoning outbreak that got about 150 people in the college town extremely sick. After health officials tested the food they said it was caused by fecal bacteria. Just an FYI thing :) There's a bunch of articles online about it if anyone is interested.

I just can't stomach the way the food is handled/treated. I'd much rather cook my own meals.

How about this. If you can make a double cheeseburger that tastes as good as McDs or Wendys, I'll pay you a dollar.

Hockey66
10-26-2008, 05:08 PM
How about this. If you can make a double cheeseburger that tastes as good as McDs or Wendys, I'll pay you a dollar.

Deal, but I get to eat the burger. ;)

BrettC
10-26-2008, 06:51 PM
With monopoly back at McDonald's you go value meal for more tickets or you go home.

vdizenzo
10-26-2008, 09:59 PM
lol I love how this post illustrates that while we are all ideally trying to be the biggest, leanest, strongest, healthiest dudes around...we just end up eating fast food everyday and lifting weights and say screw the healthy/lean part. I always write up an "ideal" diet to meet my 5000 or so calories, and actually stick to it maybe 1-2 times a week in favor of just filling in cals with 3 spicy chicken fillets, and 3 5 piece nuggets, or something similar, along with a protein shake for my final meal. When I'm finally done trying to gain 50lbs in a year, I'll clean it up. I do feel significantly worse when eating this garbage. I can't wait to cut.

I eat poorly maybe 4 of my 28 food meals a week. I make sure to take my supplements and shakes everyday regardless. I feel great doing this and am leaning down nice and slowly. Those 4 meals a week are great. When I don't deprive myself I stay on track much easier.

left hook
10-26-2008, 10:31 PM
Long live rhodes, eating a double cheese burger with big mac sauce as I spe- type. But taco bell has got a strong hold on me with that triple steak burrito :drooling:

Built
10-26-2008, 11:08 PM
a couple of thoughts, Hockey69, yes this is an open thread but as stated in the first few comments this is not a thread for people like you who have little to no experience in this sport or as an athlete and who are closed minded about fast food. You have no factual information supporting your claims. I eat fast food, pizza and diner food a few times per week. My blood work and organ functions are fine. I don't weigh 340 because I eat chicken fish rice and oatmeal. As for your avatar...., interesting, your boyfriends must love it. The tranny I was with last weekend had bigger legs than you....

Noted. Kenny digs thick-legged trannys. Nothing wrong with that - trannys need lovin' too.

, and quite the package I must add. 5 foot whatever 210..., dude there is nothing big on you.:hump::hump::hump:

That pic was taken when Leo was sixteen years old.

I've trained with him - when he was seventeen and in first year sciences at UBC - by which point the kid had the build of a 25-year old competitive bodybuilder with a few good cycles under his belt. This young man is a phenomenon. Pick on somebody else.

Hell, pick on me if you like. You're bigger than me, too.

PS I freaking LOVE ribs - and there are NO good rib joints in Vancouver anymore. I need me a good recipe.

Gable
10-27-2008, 05:49 AM
PS I freaking LOVE ribs - and there are NO good rib joints in Vancouver anymore. I need me a good recipe.

Smoke, and time.

The rest is really incedental.

AJL11
10-27-2008, 07:14 AM
Chipotle is amazing, however you lose points for not putting up a picture of a burrito bol, seriously it is so much more satisfying then the burrito.

The burrito (tortilla) gives you and extra 340 kcals......so NO a bowl is not more satisfying.... Unless you eat the bowl I guess.......

Gable
10-27-2008, 07:25 AM
http://www.mcrib.com/

It's back.

Progress
10-27-2008, 01:20 PM
Smoke, and time.

The rest is really incedental.

The method I use is really basic.

1. Trim the fat off the rack.
2. Put the rack in a make-shift tray or a really deep tray.
3. Cover the ribs in a LIBERAL amount of sauce (Sweet Baby Rays for example or my favorite - Montgomery Inn in Cincinnati).
4. Place tray with ribs in an oven between 250-275 degrees, not going over 300.
5. Bake for approximately 3.5 hours.

It truly sounds too easy to be good but they really turn out delicious. No par-boiling, no grilling, just bake.

I've heard you can use a dry rub if you're into that but I've never done that.

NateD
10-27-2008, 04:44 PM
I worked at McDonalds all through high school, we didn't get a discount but we stole our asses off about every day we worked there. I specifically remember this dude I worked with on the sandwich assembly who on a slow day assembled a 7 decker quarter pounder, that's 7 quarter patties with 7 slices of cheese. He actually managed to take a full bite out of it.

You guys ought to go to dairy queen and try their 2/3rd pound double cheese burger, I eat one of those like every other day lol! They are freagin' amazing. They make double quarter pounders from McD seem small.

starfox
10-27-2008, 08:00 PM
mm, 3 double cheeseburgers, big mac and a chicken snack wrap today.

Reko
10-27-2008, 08:23 PM
The burrito (tortilla) gives you and extra 340 kcals......so NO a bowl is not more satisfying.... Unless you eat the bowl I guess.......

Hmm, probably has a little more fiber, but that would just be a guess.
I usually just get tacos with extra cheese and hot salsa if i am feeling up to the burn. And an extra taco and chips and extra salsa for those too.

RhodeHouse
10-27-2008, 08:48 PM
So, my little trolls - Bracken and hockey boy. You seem to be the only 2 that had something to say.

I don't know or care who said what. But, here it is. Numbers get thrown out there because this is a weightlifting forum. The idea is to get bigger and stronger. There is really no other reason to train. If you have other rreasons, then you must workout. There is a difference. Numbers wil be put out there because it's real world experience that's doing the talking. At 18 years old and 205lbs - I can't say what I want to, so I'll say this. If I held you up to a light, I'd be able to see what you ate for lunch. That's not good.

I've established myself in this game. You 2 have done nothing, yet. Maybe you will. The fact is, I've already done it, so when some nobody tells me I'm wrong or that I'm a bitch, I laugh. At the end of the day, I'm big and strong. People don't have to ask if I lift weights when they see me. I don't have to take off my shirt to look jacked. So, when I speak about my real world experience eating whatever it is that I choose, I know what I'm talking about.

So boys, don't troll me. If you don't agree, don't read. My friends and I are enjoying our talks of Double QPC's, Big Macs, BK, and all the like. All the new guys should listen to those of us who are talking about the wonderful world of fast food. We were the skinny weak guys when we started this journey. Now, we're really big and strong. All would do well to listen to those who have come before them. That's what we did.

Travis, that was the best I could do, bro. It was a tough one. I had to hit the delete button A LOT!

SoreFoot8343
10-27-2008, 08:55 PM
GRRRR....In the beginning I had to buy my Vanilla ice coffee and choc chip cookies in the North East then I have to drive all the way down to TN just to get a McRib sandwich!! Can't forget to stop in the northern side of VA for the Pumpkin pie cakes. BUT EL PASO,TX has McRibs all year round (well the one across from the Petro Truck stop)

TopCat
10-27-2008, 08:59 PM
I can't say what I want to, so I'll say this. If I held you up to a light, I'd be able to see what you ate for lunch. That's not good.

All about perspective. While I do want to be stronger I don't care (and thus wont make it) to your level of strength. It's pretty obvious in this thread who wants in to Rhodestown and who doesn't.

I would love to be at a competitive level bodybuilding physique though. Whether I ever even make it close to that is to be determined.

P.S. McDonald's Double cheesburgers are delicious, 4 go down so easy when keep calories are needed :D

RhodeHouse
10-27-2008, 09:05 PM
All about perspective. While I do want to be stronger I don't care (and thus wont make it) to your level of strength. It's pretty obvious in this thread who wants in to Rhodestown and who doesn't.

I would love to be at a competitive level bodybuilding physique though. Whether I ever even make it close to that is to be determined.

P.S. McDonald's Double cheesburgers are delicious, 4 go down so easy when keep calories are needed :D

Put your mind to it, and you'll get there. Enjoy the process.

Travis Bell
10-27-2008, 09:25 PM
Travis, that was the best I could do, bro. It was a tough one. I had to hit the delete button A LOT!

Great post bud. I appreciate the effort you put into it :)

Bracken
10-27-2008, 10:45 PM
So, my little trolls - Bracken and hockey boy. You seem to be the only 2 that had something to say.

I don't know or care who said what. But, here it is. Numbers get thrown out there because this is a weightlifting forum. The idea is to get bigger and stronger. There is really no other reason to train. If you have other rreasons, then you must workout. There is a difference. Numbers wil be put out there because it's real world experience that's doing the talking. At 18 years old and 205lbs - I can't say what I want to, so I'll say this. If I held you up to a light, I'd be able to see what you ate for lunch. That's not good.

I've established myself in this game. You 2 have done nothing, yet. Maybe you will. The fact is, I've already done it, so when some nobody tells me I'm wrong or that I'm a bitch, I laugh. At the end of the day, I'm big and strong. People don't have to ask if I lift weights when they see me. I don't have to take off my shirt to look jacked. So, when I speak about my real world experience eating whatever it is that I choose, I know what I'm talking about.

So boys, don't troll me. If you don't agree, don't read. My friends and I are enjoying our talks of Double QPC's, Big Macs, BK, and all the like. All the new guys should listen to those of us who are talking about the wonderful world of fast food. We were the skinny weak guys when we started this journey. Now, we're really big and strong. All would do well to listen to those who have come before them. That's what we did.

I've stated numerous times in this thread that I completely agree with you. Fast food can be eaten on a periodic basis and have little or no effect on one's health.

The title of this thread is misleading. As I said before, eating fast food 4-5 times per week is not a "fast food lifestyle".

Lets say you eat fast food 10 times per week. Let's also assume you eat 6 times per day-that's 42 meals a week. Fast food would represent 1/4th of that total if you consumed 10 fast food meals a week. I still wouldn't call that a fast food "lifestyle"-considering it only makes up a 1/4th of your meals.

I choose not to eat it because I don't find it appetizing based on how it's prepared and handled-nothing to do with health.

Organichu
10-28-2008, 02:05 AM
The best McGriddle is sausage egg and cheese. If you disagree with me you are wrong and you should maybe consider changing your position on the matter.

EatMyWay2TheTop
10-28-2008, 04:15 AM
3 big macs and a load of nuggets once again...a KFC is opening near my gym, I may use it as a change of pace even if Im not really a fan...

bill
10-28-2008, 05:56 AM
Well I'm half hearted trying to lose some around the waist. I still must indulge and not get any weaker though or lose muscle at the same time. So Hardee's double thick burger large curly's and sweet tea, along with some of mom's home cooking. Guy's never turn down mom's cooking, for any reason!

AJL11
10-28-2008, 07:14 AM
Hmm, probably has a little more fiber, but that would just be a guess.
I usually just get tacos with extra cheese and hot salsa if i am feeling up to the burn. And an extra taco and chips and extra salsa for those too.

I did not know you could buy an extra single taco!!!! How much is one taco??

Reko
10-28-2008, 07:19 AM
I did not know you could buy an extra single taco!!!! How much is one taco??

I think it's literally 1/3 of what 3 tacos are.

RhodeHouse
10-28-2008, 09:32 AM
I dont wanna be a jerk here.

McDonalds doesnt sound too healthy

If you didn't want to be a jerk, you wouldn't have posted. So, in actuality, you did want to be a jerk.

You're jumping into a thread in the middle with no clue how or why it got started. Don't be another casualty of war, like Bracken and Hockey Boy. Be the better man.

Brad08
10-28-2008, 09:34 AM
If I held you up to a light, I'd be able to see what you ate for lunch. That's not good.

LMAO!

RhodeHouse
10-28-2008, 09:36 AM

nobody sees anything ****ed up about this?

No? Why? He's not serious. It's called busting balls. Men do it to each other all the time. That's how we show respect and love. We do not have the capability to show true emotion and express ourselves deeply. It's much easier to put each other down. The bigger the put down, the more respect shown. It's really very simple. Athletes, in general, do this all the time.

I'm guessing in today's pussified society, it's no longer acceptable to bust balls. Besides, if he realy wants to take it seriously, Kenny was just trying to make his efforts more effective. People helping people.

Lots of sand in vaginas around here.

RhodeHouse
10-28-2008, 09:37 AM
LMAO!

Ah, thank you sir.

RhodeHouse
10-28-2008, 09:48 AM
I've stated numerous times in this thread that I completely agree with you. Fast food can be eaten on a periodic basis and have little or no effect on one's health.

The title of this thread is misleading. As I said before, eating fast food 4-5 times per week is not a "fast food lifestyle".

Lets say you eat fast food 10 times per week. Let's also assume you eat 6 times per day-that's 42 meals a week. Fast food would represent 1/4th of that total if you consumed 10 fast food meals a week. I still wouldn't call that a fast food "lifestyle"-considering it only makes up a 1/4th of your meals.

I choose not to eat it because I don't find it appetizing based on how it's prepared and handled-nothing to do with health.

I am the Mayor of Rhodestown. I don't care if you agree with me or not. You are new here, probably young, as well. That's cool. You have to start somewhere. But, you don't know where I'm coming from or all the trouble I've caused on here with these threads in the past. Clearly, this is a fat guy discussion. We are not stupid. We know exactly what we are doing to our bodies. At least, we know as much as we care to know. Our goals are far more important at this time than our health. And, we don't need you to validate things that we already know. We are focusing on one part of our larger diet picture. The fun part. We take all of our vitamins, protein powders, BCAA's and whatever else it is we shove down our throats. For me, and I think many others, the fast food is the best part, sometimes. We don't have to count grams of protein or watch our fat intake. We can simply marvel at all of the beautiful calories that are included in a Double QPC. And, we are fully capable of adding all those wonderful calories, no discrimination between fat, protein, and carbs - all calories are the same to us - we can add those wonderful calories with the fabulous calories that are present in a large milkshake and we can see ourselves get bigger and stronger. That's when people's heads start turning when we walk into a room. Yes, this is what drives us to eat and lift. That, and the fact that our athletic careers are over and we need to do something productive with our time.

So, after my rambling, I think it's time to feed.

Men, this weekend I was in Arkansas. I had no McDonald's, but the fast food of Sonic is coursing thru my veins. That, and some BBQ, southern style. I totally blew up the airport toilet in Dallas yesterday morning. It was a spiritual experience.

I completely forgot where this was going. Damn!

Brad08
10-28-2008, 09:55 AM
I was in Minnesota this weekend and I'll be goddamned if those raging liberals haven't ruined every crapper in the State with their "go green!" low-flow nonsense. You walk into one, you better have a plunger in hand b/c it's not like here where you got a 50/50 shot at plugging it up. You've got a 100% guaranteed log jam each and every damn time. It's ****ing nonsense. I even tried to combat the craziness with a midstream flush and all that did was guarantee my wiping would take place under water. ****!

Reko
10-28-2008, 10:02 AM
I was in Minnesota this weekend and I'll be goddamned if those raging liberals haven't ruined every crapper in the State with their "go green!" low-flow nonsense. You walk into one, you better have a plunger in hand b/c it's not like here where you got a 50/50 shot at plugging it up. You've got a 100% guaranteed log jam each and every damn time. It's ****ing nonsense. I even tried to combat the craziness with a midstream flush and all that did was guarantee my wiping would take place under water. ****!

This is why I love my work. I've blown up here so many times I even keep baby wipes at my desk. But its never, NEVER clogged on me. I seriously think they have garbage disposals in them.

Gable
10-28-2008, 10:07 AM
Our goals are far more important at this time than our health.

To me, this is a key point. To EXCEL at something, you must make sacrifices. To be excellent in a specific are you must be extreme in your methods to get there.

Balance and Zen peacefullness does not get you specific excellence in a sport like powerlifting/strongman, etc. Going over the top, does. Training as hard as you possibly can, eating as much as you can, and never relenting in the journey to your goals.

If its worth doing, its worth overdoing.

Grain of salt for my thoughts, I am a noob, NOwhere near as strong as Rhodes, no where near as experienced, but I do have enough wherewithall (sp?) to listen to someone that has ACHIEVED what I am trying to achieve, and who takes the time to give us noobs as much solid info as he can.

The fun part. We take all of our vitamins, protein powders, BCAA's and whatever else it is we shove down our throats. For me, and I think many others, the fast food is the best part, sometimes. We don't have to count grams of protein or watch our fat intake. We can simply marvel at all of the beautiful calories that are included in a Double QPC. And, we are fully capable of adding all those wonderful calories, no discrimination between fat, protein, and carbs - all calories are the same to us - we can add those wonderful calories with the fabulous calories that are present in a large milkshake and we can see ourselves get bigger and stronger.

Damn straight. I try to enjoy life as much as possible, and to me McD's makes the list.

So, after my rambling, I think it's time to feed.

I'll celebrate your rambling with some more gumbo.

Men, this weekend I was in Arkansas. I had no McDonald's, but the fast food of Sonic is coursing thru my veins. That, and some BBQ, southern style. I totally blew up the airport toilet in Dallas yesterday morning. It was a spiritual experience.

I completely forgot where this was going. Damn!

Glad you got to partake in some Southern Goodness this weekend.

Dallas may never be the same.