gMnejgYOEBc

MjJ5fDSJNBw

Thanks a lot!

ZenMonkey
10-13-2008, 02:23 PM
In the first it looks like your feet are not angles equally. Thats all I got

ljs102
10-13-2008, 02:26 PM
I do notice that now, thanks for pointing that out. Do you think that could cause some of the rotation? I always have trouble getting my feet set where I want them, you can kind of tell by how much I shift them before I go down for my first rep.

rbtrout
10-13-2008, 05:36 PM
That's what I saw, as well. It also looks like you're not nearly as flexible on that left side.

ljs102
10-13-2008, 05:40 PM
That's what I saw, as well. It also looks like you're not nearly as flexible on that left side.

Thanks a lot. Flexibility has always been a trouble for me and definitely was a big contributer to my injury. Does my form look good other than rotation issue?

rbtrout
10-13-2008, 05:45 PM
A vid from the front would help, too, but for as much as we can see, yes, your form looks OK. Get the foot angle the same and strengthen that left side and I think you'll do fine. Going down, you should slow your pace a bit to me more controlled, save the speed/strength for coming up out of the hole.

ljs102
10-13-2008, 05:56 PM
A vid from the front would help, too, but for as much as we can see, yes, your form looks OK. Get the foot angle the same and strengthen that left side and I think you'll do fine. Going down, you should slow your pace a bit to me more controlled, save the speed/strength for coming up out of the hole.

Will do. This has really helped me realize what I need to pay attention to when squatting. Youtube FTW. Thanks a lot!

Ben Moore
10-13-2008, 10:08 PM
Get some flat soled shoes to squat in also - the squishyness of the soles of running shoes are not good. Conciously push your knees out. Keep the weight on the outer edge of the foot and spread the floor. Your feet are all over the place.

Some great advice above also.

BFGUITAR
10-13-2008, 10:11 PM
I don't know if this would help but try squatting wide a little. Not for your working sets or anything but load up some easy weight and squat wide and see what happens.

bigpulve
10-13-2008, 11:16 PM
Also you seem to be leaning a bit to far forward. That may be screwing with your balance. Try staying a little more upright. And slow down when going down.

deeder
10-14-2008, 12:42 AM
Your left knee seems to be tracking right over your toes whereas your right one doesn't at all. Squat a little slower so you can feel it out more and concentrate on keeping that right knee directly in line with your toes.

Captain_Crunch
10-14-2008, 11:32 AM
I have the same problem at times when my hips get out of place. A quick trip to the chiro always sets my hip straight and fixes the rotating to one side during squats.