PDA

View Full Version : keep bulking or time for a cut? (pic included)

XavierHollywood
10-13-2008, 08:25 PM
Sorry guys I only have one pic and dont have access to a camera so this is the best I can do.

So basically, Im 5'7 and started at 128 and im now 171. While I do eat very healthy I eat a bit more then I need and as a result my body fat is higher then I would like it to be. So I need some opinions here. Should I maybe cut back a good 10 pounds or so or keep going? Personally Im leaning towards dropping about 10-15 and then going on a slow bulk after wards but its always good to hear others advice.

Also, what would you guys estimate my body fat % to be at?

PS- yes i know my forearms are horrible. I dont think they grew an inch in the 40 pounds ive gained since last year :(

Cmanuel
10-13-2008, 08:49 PM
If it was me, I would cut. a 40 lb weight gain is something to be proud of, especially if you worked out hard the entire way.

Of course this is a very subjective question. I would cut because 40 lbs is a big gain. I assume you have done this over a long time. I would use the cutting routine to cure boredom and take it as an opportunity to switch my workout up a bit.

WillNoble
10-13-2008, 09:07 PM
Personally Im leaning towards dropping about 10-15 and then going on a slow bulk after wards but its always good to hear others advice.

Sounds like you already have your mind made up

XavierHollywood
10-13-2008, 09:16 PM
Sounds like you already have your mind made up

Well, like i said, im open to peoples opinions, and I know a lot of you guys have very valuable things to share so I wanted to hear different view points.

EDIT: I just realized I didnt put this in the pics forum. Sorry about that. Can a mod please move this?

limjoohong
10-14-2008, 03:06 AM
may i suggest cutting? upon cutting you will look great, i believe..