PDA

View Full Version : first timer needs help on diet

threeonefive
10-14-2008, 09:16 AM
hey guys i'm new at this and could really use a hand on my diet. I'm 5'10, 170 lbs, and am trying to bulk up to about 185 -190. Heres how my diet looks right now.

7:00a.m - meal #1
3 Eggs, Scrambled.
1 Slice of whole wheat toast
6oz of greek yogurt
1/2 cup of blueberries, mixed with the yogurt

8:00a.m.
1 serving of Results on Strength training days, 1 Serving of creatine 500 mixed with 1 cup of grape juice on other days.

8:45a.m
strength training workout 3 days a week, cardio 2 days.

10:00a.m.
1 serving of Opticen mixed with 2 cups of skim milk.

11:00a.m.
1 serving of maximus with 2 cups of skim milk

3:30p.m.
Grilled chicken sandwhich on whole wheat bread
1 cup of spinach
1/2 a cup of black beans
1/2 a cup of almonds
1/2 a cup of strawberries

6:30p.m.
Grilled Chicken Sandwhich on whole wheat bread
1 cup of spinach
1 cup of strawberries

10:30 p.m.
2 serving of nitrean mixed with 2 cups of skim milk
1/2 cup of almonds

and thats it. i work from 1:30 -10:00p.m. which is part of the reason my schedual is the way it is. I also take Multi-plus, Fish Oil, and ETS daily. Basically with this diet i'm hoping to gain the weight i want to, but to avoid getting fat. Any help would be appreciated

Brad08
10-14-2008, 09:55 AM
The one big point you need to understand is that the QUANTITY of food you eat is considerably more important than the precise makeup of each little meal throughout the day. Your 'diet' looks fine, I guess, IF it's enough food to get the scale moving, which seems doubtful but who knows (3 eggs, 1 slice of toast, some yogurt for breakfast?? that's fine for my sister). I hate to see young, skinny guys worrying about eating "half a cup of black beans" and "half cup of almonds." You're missing the big picture. Yeah those foods are healthy and you should eat them, but don't get so caught up in your measuring spoons that you miss the big picture.

actually, on second thought, no, that diet sucks. Where's teh red meat??

Shouji
10-14-2008, 10:41 AM
If you were to bring a cooler and a gallon of whole milk with you to sip on during the day, you'd be good to go for bulking :)

MisterX
10-14-2008, 11:47 AM
The one big point you need to understand is that the QUANTITY of food you eat is considerably more important than the precise makeup of each little meal throughout the day. Your 'diet' looks fine, I guess, IF it's enough food to get the scale moving, which seems doubtful but who knows (3 eggs, 1 slice of toast, some yogurt for breakfast?? that's fine for my sister). I hate to see young, skinny guys worrying about eating "half a cup of black beans" and "half cup of almonds." You're missing the big picture. Yeah those foods are healthy and you should eat them, but don't get so caught up in your measuring spoons that you miss the big picture.

actually, on second thought, no, that diet sucks. Where's teh red meat??

He's right, bring on the gd red meat, my man!