PDA

View Full Version : need help with cutting diet

cwny69
03-31-2002, 02:14 PM
If i took a supplement such as xenadrine do i need to carb up

Do you have to carb up or can you instead take a supplement for energy such as xenadrine

And is garlic considered a starchy vegtable

Budiak
04-01-2002, 01:07 AM
Garlic is considered a condiment. Its good for your heart, so eat it up.

No, you dont need to carb up while taking xenadrine, but never take it on a totally empty stomach, you should eat a small meal no later than an hour or so after taking it, or like an hour and a half before.

You can carb up AND take xen if you want, remember, these supplements only motivate your body to use what its got for energy, they dont create it from nothing. If you carb up and take a stim, you'll utilize that energy better (perhaps?), but if you dont eat and take a stim, you'll be yawning and dozing your way through a very very long workout.

And I mean John Holmes long.

Mark
04-01-2002, 08:21 AM
If you want to cut up you must limit those carbs particularly on non workout days!

Stick to a maximum of one gram of carbs per 1 lb of lean bodyweight on workout days and half this amount on non workout days.

Your carbs should come from green vegetables as they convert to sugar the slowest and cause little or no rise in insulin - the fat storing hormone.

Eliminate bread, pasta, suagr, cakes & candy from your diet.

Try not to eat carbs within 3-4 hours of going to sleep.

Make sure your protein intake is at least 1 gram per pound of lean bodyweight and don't worry about eating more than this if you are hungry.

Eat 6 small meals a day. Workout regularly - weight training is the best metabolic stimulator.

Princess
04-04-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Mark
If you want to cut up you must limit those carbs particularly on non workout days!

Your carbs should come from green vegetables as they convert to sugar the slowest and cause little or no rise in insulin - the fat storing hormone.

Eliminate bread, pasta, suagr, cakes & candy from your diet.

Why can't some of the carbs come from fruits? and also bread and pasta are complex carbs right? So what is wrong with those..... carbs are essential so I'm not quite understanding why one would eliminate those two foods.

PowerManDL
04-04-2002, 05:06 PM
Bread and pasta cause insulin spikes, which you want to avoid.

Low-GI fruit would be ok if not in high-fat meals.

Princess
04-04-2002, 05:16 PM
what are some fruits that have low GI?

Princess
04-04-2002, 05:17 PM
please say strawberries......................................................................

PowerManDL
04-04-2002, 05:19 PM
Well, and don't quote me on this for a fact, but nearly any north american fruit is low-GI.

Its the tropical stuff you have to watch out for.

body
04-04-2002, 05:45 PM
eevn if fruit was high GI, its low in carbs so you 1 piece will not cause a large spike as their is not much sugar in it.

the Gi table is absed on 50 grams of digest sugar.
1 large apple has like 14 grams of carbs in it. you would have to eat 3 and bit apples to get the same Gi as the apple on the list.

Princess
04-05-2002, 06:47 AM
So theoretically if all a person ate was fruit they could still lose alot of weight, right?

PowerManDL
04-05-2002, 07:17 AM
Well, you're complicating the equation.

I see cutting as dieting and training to lose *fat*

Losing *weight* is simply a factor of cals in vs. cals used-- by that logic, you can lose weight eating Whoppers and french fries, provided you don't exceed your daily calorie needs. That doesn't mean its the best way, though.

the doc
04-05-2002, 07:31 AM
fruits that are high in fibre as preferred (catelope, apples, pears...)

also, instead of from fruit, i would think carbs should be coming from non-processed, high fibre, complex carbs such as beans, brown/wild rice, oats...

cwny69
04-21-2002, 03:08 PM
can a gram of sugar a day on atkins kick you out of ketosis and can eating more fat instead of protein like 20 grams more fat kick you out of ketosis because i heard if you dont eat more fat tham protein youll get kicked out of ketosis

Budiak
04-21-2002, 06:35 PM
BTW strawberries are low gi. They have a very high fiber content as well, the highest weight to fiber ratio of all fruits. Or something.

Stay away from pineapple and coconut.