PDA

View Full Version : Tell me some must-do's when dropping bodyfat

bossman009
10-14-2008, 10:22 PM
I currently do a 5month bulk... 1 month cut, 5 month bulk.. 1 month cut and so on

I started bulkin aug 1st.. my body was 10%.. right now my body fat didn't change one tick on the caliper.. I say its around 10.5%.. Im kind of clean bulking with a couple cheat meals here and there during a week, gained 10 pounds so far.. when I cut in January.. how should I do it?

just down my calories 500 below maintenance and get alot of protein?

Im doing this 5 month and 1 month cut thing so my body fat never is out of control.. plus I like eating and will be able to eat more 10 months out of the year :)

boomersooner
10-16-2008, 08:03 PM
that's a horrible cycle in my opinion. cutting for 1 month is ridiculous.

you need to get your body fat up to gain muscle. bulk for 7 or 8 months, and do a dirty bulk, then cut for 5-4 months and get your BF back down to reveal the muscle you gained on a bulk

smalls
10-16-2008, 09:02 PM
that's a horrible cycle in my opinion. cutting for 1 month is ridiculous.

you need to get your body fat up to gain muscle. bulk for 7 or 8 months, and do a dirty bulk, then cut for 5-4 months and get your BF back down to reveal the muscle you gained on a bulk

You dont need to get your body fat up to gain muscle, most people will need to put on some amount of fat to put any appreciable amount of muscle on, but your post makes it sound like you need to get to a certain body fat percentage to optimally gain muscle, maybe just semantics. I agree that longer duration cycles will result in better results.

boomersooner
10-16-2008, 09:44 PM
You dont need to get your body fat up to gain muscle, most people will need to put on some amount of fat to put any appreciable amount of muscle on, but your post makes it sound like you need to get to a certain body fat percentage to optimally gain muscle, maybe just semantics. I agree that longer duration cycles will result in better results.

i didn't say that it had to be at a certain place to gain muscle. sorry if you took it the wrong way

it's common knowledge in the bodybuilding and muscle building society that the harder and heavier you bulk, the more muscle you're going to put on. if you eat more calories, you're going to gain more weight. if you eat calories at a maintenance diet, you're not going to gain weight quickly. it'll be at a very, very slow pace

smalls
10-17-2008, 12:28 AM
i didn't say that it had to be at a certain place to gain muscle. sorry if you took it the wrong way

it's common knowledge in the bodybuilding and muscle building society that the harder and heavier you bulk, the more muscle you're going to put on. if you eat more calories, you're going to gain more weight. if you eat calories at a maintenance diet, you're not going to gain weight quickly. it'll be at a very, very slow pace

Your body has certain capabilities, protein synthesis specifically. Eating more only increases these capabilities to a certain extent. Of course eating more will result in gaining more weight, but not everyone wants to just gain more "weight." Not everyone wants to be the douchebag in the beanie and headphones 30lbs overweight with 16 inch arms simply at the cost of gaining more weight (sorry specific example from the gym tonight). Some people want to maximize muscle gained while not putting on ungodly amounts of fat. People seem to think more fat=more muscle. Sometimes true but not always, as is exhibited by half the people at the average gym as mentioned above.

Based on his post he sounded like someone who doesnt bulk excessively, hence my post. Many people love to bulk dirty and are fine with those types of results, if so then your advice is valid. I just like to give a differing opinion for people to take in.

MisterX
10-17-2008, 12:41 AM
I have three suggestions: rice, chicken and water. Oh, and cut out grease and deep fried stuff completely.