PDA

View Full Version : Protein shakes with milk

greemah
10-15-2008, 12:35 AM
Hey

I read somewhere that protein shakes are bad with milk because something in milk stops your body from taking in the protein very well. Is this true?

Thanks

Kastro
10-15-2008, 01:46 AM
No. Drink your milk.

greemah
10-15-2008, 02:19 AM
Ok thanks god... I did not want to start drinking rank protein powder with water lol.

Crap, I just looked up the calories in milk that I would be using, it's 450 - I can't afford this much with my diet I'm trying to loose weight.......I'm going to have to switch to water aren't I?!?!

Unreal
10-15-2008, 08:38 AM
If it doesn't fit into your calories for the day, water is a good choice. I have never used milk with my protein supplements. I perfer to eat my food then drink it. A good quality protein taste good in water. The bad ones taste like liquid butt.

Dorikin69
10-15-2008, 11:39 AM
I don't know about the milk stopping the protein from being absorbed, that sounds like pure bs. However, I drank milk with my protein shakes for years, and only recently when I ran out of milk did I try it with water. Man, protein powder is whey, whey better in water. It mixes more completely, nowhere near as many chunks, it is easier to drink, and, I can put some PP in a water bottle and just add water at the gym after my workout. When I am at home I just chug a glass of milk after chugging my protein shake.

Ben Moore
10-15-2008, 08:19 PM
You probably heard something regarding the slower absorption rate of casein vs. pure whey.

If you are worried about the calories switch to skim.

greemah
10-16-2008, 12:59 AM
Thanks. I normally use skim but I'm just switching to water. Tastes **** but I can stomach it. I think I'll get some flavoured stuff next time or something lol