PDA

View Full Version : Dimmel DLs Question

JasonLift
10-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Alright I have a quick question that may sound ridiculous but is serious. Last night at the end of my ME squat workout I decided to try a couple sets of Dimmels. Basically where I am working out now I have no good way of doing reverse hypers so I decided maybe that would be close enough. And I usually pride myself on having good form and felt like I did when I did them. However I suffer from LB and everytime I thrusted my hips forward the bar would smash into my sac. It didn't hurt too bad the first couple times but towards the end I started simply doing partial SLDLs to avoid the collisions. Outside of wearing a cup I am not sure what to do to fix this. Has anyone else had this problem?

drew
10-15-2008, 09:53 AM
I dunno, that's a funny one. Try wearing briefs when you lift.

Reko
10-15-2008, 10:42 AM
underarmor shorts? whitey tighties?

do you have real short arms or something?

JasonLift
10-15-2008, 12:25 PM
Sorta, I am tall (6'3) and LB so the bar comes right over. I usually wear boxer-briefs.

Big o Boy
10-15-2008, 10:25 PM
lol.. tuck that stuff back bro...

Butcher
10-15-2008, 10:42 PM
Try using something more of a snatch grip to get the bar above your nuts.

Captain_Crunch
10-16-2008, 10:21 AM
As far as I know with Dimels you are not supposed to lock the weight out at the top. I believe you lower the weight to just below the knees and reverse it hard to just before lockout always keeping tension on the muscles. If you were locking it out and smashing your nuts try doing them this way.

Sensei
10-16-2008, 10:31 AM
Try using something more of a snatch grip to get the bar above your nuts.EXACTLY... Vary your grip and find something wider or narrow that spares the frank and beans...

Btw, not trying to sell kettlebells necessarily, but kettlebell swings are a great exercise for an effect similar in some ways to a Dimel DL.

JasonLift
10-17-2008, 07:42 AM
As far as I know with Dimels you are not supposed to lock the weight out at the top. I believe you lower the weight to just below the knees and reverse it hard to just before lockout always keeping tension on the muscles. If you were locking it out and smashing your nuts try doing them this way.

Maybe I understand them wrong because I was under the impression the most important part of the lift is the snapping of the hips into the bar which in effect makes the lockout. That is where the smashing is taking place. I am gonna try varying my grip (as well as some more tight fitting support) we will see tonight.