PDA

View Full Version : Chain Presses

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
10-15-2008, 12:16 PM
BSxT3hqyMWA

I thought this was a pretty cool bench press exercise. I'm going to have to try it someday.

Has anybody tried it already?

HP666
10-15-2008, 01:27 PM
Great old school Bon Scott tune there!!!!

Captain_Crunch
10-15-2008, 01:29 PM
We do them for max effort but start the bar suspended in the chain . Always from chest level or around one board level. With starting it suspended we have found it helps with starting strength after pausing your bench.

Detard
10-15-2008, 01:37 PM
We do them for max effort but start the bar suspended in the chain . Always from chest level or around one board level. With starting it suspended we have found it helps with starting strength after pausing your bench.

Thanks for the info!

I've done them with chains hanging off the bar on DE days a few times and heavy board work, but never like this. Is there much difference than just setting the pins on the power rack at a certain level and touching those?

Twirl
10-15-2008, 01:48 PM
isn't that just like a high board press?

KarstenDD
10-15-2008, 02:00 PM
isn't that just like a high board press?

I would venture a guess that it is much closer to a pin press only without all the shock from hitting the pins. A board press is different in that it transfers the weight to the body.

Captain_Crunch
10-15-2008, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the info!

I've done them with chains hanging off the bar on DE days a few times and heavy board work, but never like this. Is there much difference than just setting the pins on the power rack at a certain level and touching those?

If your starting from the top like in the video there won't be much difference between using the chains or the pins. When you use the chains and start the bar in the chains we have found you can start the bar in a better position than off the pins.

nhlfan
10-15-2008, 05:53 PM
It looks to be a fat bar in the video as well.