PDA

View Full Version : cardio

DelveyBoy
03-31-2002, 04:31 PM
if i do cardio while weight training will make my muscles more 'defined' as their will be less fat

devhuman
03-31-2002, 07:13 PM
Cardio itself won't make your muscles look more refined, but if the effects of you cardio workout invoke fat loss, then YES, your muscles will look more defined.

Less bodyfat = more definition.

-Tom

InferiorDesign
03-31-2002, 07:23 PM
i dont do cardio, but im 16 so im not getting much fat loss at all, i might do cardio once a month, but yes, you definetly get more definition if you add cardio to your diet and training

DelveyBoy
04-01-2002, 12:37 AM
i was thinkin of buying a rower,which will help me count calories. do you think this will also work my arms

Accipiter
04-01-2002, 12:51 AM
why would being 16 prevent fat loss? You're metabolism should be faster at a younger age..

DelveyBoy
04-04-2002, 04:24 PM
would a rower excercise my arms?

syntekz
04-04-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by DelveyBoy
would a rower excercise my arms?

Yes, they will become stronger at that certain movement. But without any realy resistance you probably won't notice much growth (at least just from the rowing machine).

DelveyBoy
04-05-2002, 12:44 AM
i will be using the rower mainly for cardio

doyoulikepie
04-05-2002, 07:15 AM
can you lose fat whilst lifting?

i want to start adding a bit of cardio to my routine, but i also dont want to lose muscle because of it?

i train three times a week ... will doing half hour of cardio help me lose fat, whilst being able to retain muscle?

NateDogg
04-05-2002, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by doyoulikepie
can you lose fat whilst lifting?

i want to start adding a bit of cardio to my routine, but i also dont want to lose muscle because of it?

i train three times a week ... will doing half hour of cardio help me lose fat, whilst being able to retain muscle?

First thing, losing fat is probably 90% diet and genetics, 10% training. That said, yes, the more muscle you have, the better your body is at burning fat, so yes, you can lose fat while lifting. Cardio will assist in losing fat as well. Cardio will also make your resistance training more effective as you will get short of breath less often. I believe oxygen also gets to the muscles of those who are more cardiovascularly fit, that those who are not.

ND

Getdownonit
04-05-2002, 08:18 AM
you will burn muscle whilst doing cardio if you work to hard.

You need to work at a moderate pace of about 60% max heart rate to optimise fat burning and minimise muscle loss.

Personally i would say try and ECA stack whilst lifting and see if that works off the extra. Rather than burning valuable cals doing cardio