PDA

View Full Version : GetBuilt aka MariAnne.. You've helped me critique my diet before..HELP AGAIN

viperc8
10-16-2008, 10:30 AM
Hey there peoples.. I had posted my diet before on here and it was more for a cleaner bulk but now i think ive added enough weight on where I actually want my abs to show so Im going to be wanting to get stronger but at the same time , lose fat that I have.. just like Mike Wolfe did.. Where you are actually eating more to lose the fat... well heres my diet.. maybe someone can help me with the timing of the type of food also..

Morning around 9 i eat a bagel and nitrean with whole milk and take a multivitamin and 3 fish oil caps..

around 1230-1pm i ingest 2 yogurts with fruit on the bottom summing up to 60 g carbs and eat a can of salmon adding up to around 35 gram of protein.. and take 3 fish oil caps and another multivitamin

around 4 i lift and right before i lift , i eat a blueberry muffin and drink a glass of whole milk..

around 530 when i come back from the gym i take again two yogurts with fruit on the bottom and drink a cup of cranberry/pomegranate 100% juice and eat a small white potato along with a protein shake.

around 830-9 , i eat dinner which is around a cup of brown rice and a stir fry of chicken thighs and vegatables. i also take 3 fish oil caps and 1 multivitamin..

sleep around 1030. can i eat something right before bed or not? I need to know certain timing of fats and carbs.. and if im eating too many carbs or not.. alright guys.. im pretty sure u will help me out..

So what do you guys think? I wanted to add ice cream in there somewhere cuz i love chocolate ice cream , but Idk wat the timing i should have of eating before bed or not..

jAy_Dub
10-16-2008, 11:14 AM
Yogurt, muffins, whole milk, juice, ice cream....

And you're cutting?? I say throw this diet out the window and start from scratch by including lean meats, whole grains, and some vegetables.

viperc8
10-16-2008, 11:46 AM
so anyone else out there , that was as good as her? since she was pretty damn good..

viperc8
10-16-2008, 11:58 AM
and the juice has no sugar added..

deeder
10-16-2008, 01:46 PM
I believe built posts over on beyondlowcarb.net if you'd really like to find her.

Really?

viperc8
10-16-2008, 02:51 PM
i tried to get on that forum but i am having troubles.. is anyone else familiar with the confusing of the body with different days with different amount of carbs and calories?? The article is still on wannabebig under diet and nutrition, but i need help understanding it.. I am trying to do what mike wolfe did. Where he got stronger and optimally killed all his fat with eating more and changing the diet and ingesting certain macronutrients at certain times of the day... i know there are people who could help me out..

viperc8
10-16-2008, 07:37 PM
Chris , I think you can help me out.. you basically know everything about everything.. haha

smalls
10-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Hey there peoples.. I had posted my diet before on here and it was more for a cleaner bulk but now i think ive added enough weight on where I actually want my abs to show so Im going to be wanting to get stronger but at the same time , lose fat that I have.. just like Mike Wolfe did.. Where you are actually eating more to lose the fat... well heres my diet.. maybe someone can help me with the timing of the type of food also..

Morning around 9 i eat a bagel and nitrean with whole milk and take a multivitamin and 3 fish oil caps..

around 1230-1pm i ingest 2 yogurts with fruit on the bottom summing up to 60 g carbs and eat a can of salmon adding up to around 35 gram of protein.. and take 3 fish oil caps and another multivitamin

around 4 i lift and right before i lift , i eat a blueberry muffin and drink a glass of whole milk..

around 530 when i come back from the gym i take again two yogurts with fruit on the bottom and drink a cup of cranberry/pomegranate 100% juice and eat a small white potato along with a protein shake.

around 830-9 , i eat dinner which is around a cup of brown rice and a stir fry of chicken thighs and vegatables. i also take 3 fish oil caps and 1 multivitamin..

sleep around 1030. can i eat something right before bed or not? I need to know certain timing of fats and carbs.. and if im eating too many carbs or not.. alright guys.. im pretty sure u will help me out..

So what do you guys think? I wanted to add ice cream in there somewhere cuz i love chocolate ice cream , but Idk wat the timing i should have of eating before bed or not..

This post has to be a joke right. There are a million diet threads on this site for you to get info from and your asking where you should ADD ice cream to an already horrible cutting diet. Read other people diets and learn about cutting principles all over this site.

Donnajo
10-16-2008, 10:37 PM
I believe built posts over on beyondlowcarb.net if you'd really like to find her.

Really?

Yup. Why did she leave here?

Ben Moore
10-16-2008, 10:38 PM
so anyone else out there , that was as good as her? since she was pretty damn good..

So in other words, Jay Dub, he doesn't want to listen to you, haha.

deeder
10-16-2008, 10:57 PM
Yup. Why did she leave here?

I'm...:hide: not allowed to say. :hide:

boomersooner
10-16-2008, 10:58 PM
wow.......if you're cutting, then that's a bad diet

wayyyyy too much sugar and carbs.

throw that diet out, and eat more fats and protein

Unreal
10-17-2008, 09:26 AM
First thing she would tell you is post the macros and calories. What you eat doesn't matter as much as your macros and calories. If you can fit into your caloric goal and hit 1g protein/LBM and .5g Fat/LBM then fill the rest with whatever to reach your caloric goal. If that is icecream great, but icecream isn't going to be filling and the sugar spike will probably make you want to chew your arm off or binge on other sweets.

Holto
10-17-2008, 09:53 AM
First thing she would tell you is post the macros and calories. What you eat doesn't matter as much as your macros and calories. If you can fit into your caloric goal and hit 1g protein/LBM and .5g Fat/LBM then fill the rest with whatever to reach your caloric goal. If that is icecream great, but icecream isn't going to be filling and the sugar spike will probably make you want to chew your arm off or binge on other sweets.

Her disciples live on!

viperc8
10-17-2008, 03:26 PM
alright heres the macros..

Total Calories- 3335

Fats- 130

Carbs- 420

Protein- 255

and my routine looks somewhat like this.. Chest/Tris, Shoulder/Bi's , Back , Legs. 4 day split.

Chest/Tris Day- Benchpress 4x8 , Incline Machine Press 3x8 , Decline Benchpress 3x8 , Chest Fly Machine 3x8.
Skullcrushers with barbell 3x8, Tricep Pulldown on cable 3x8, Dip Machine 3x8

Shoulder/Bi's -Military shoulder press machine w/ free weights 4x8 , Barbell raise 3x8 , Dumbell forward and lateral raises 3x8
Biceps barbell curls 3x8 , Preacher curl 3x8 , dumbell hammer curls 3x8.

Back- Deadlifts 4x8 , Isolateral back machine 3x8 , Cable pulley Rows 3x8 , T Bar Row 3x8 , Lat pull downs on cable 3x8

Legs- Squats w/olympic bar 4x8 , Hack Squat Machine w/free weights 3x8,Machine Leg Press w/free weights, Laying down machine for hamstrings 3x8 , Hamstring curls machine 3x8 , Leg extensions for quads 3x8. Seated Calf raises 4x8 , Standing calf raises 3x8.

Thas my workout plan.. I dont do much cardio except for some basketball.. and I know I want abs but I dont really do much ab work.. Again.. haha im here for some much needed help... thanks once again..

jAy_Dub
10-17-2008, 04:18 PM
So in other words, Jay Dub, he doesn't want to listen to you, haha.

Lol I guess not.

Unreal
10-17-2008, 04:29 PM
So are you losing weight at 3335 calories? I have no idea how big you are now, but I would be maintaining or even gaining at that level and I'm 6'2" 210lbs and fairly lean. I cut on about 2500 calories. So if your not losing weight drop it to 3000 and try that for a week or two. No progess, goto 2700 and keep dropping till you find what works for you.

Your food choices are bad, and your workout is tons of volume and pretty poor, but that is a different issue.

viperc8
10-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Alright well i get the hint on the diet so ill def cut it down and take out lots of the carbs.. and as for the workout having tons of volume.. what does that mean? wat is wrong with it??

viperc8
10-17-2008, 05:06 PM
im 6 feet tall.. around 205 lbs..

Unreal
10-18-2008, 07:36 AM
Too many exercises and too many reps/sets. If your cutting your want to keep it short and heavy.

205lbs at what bf%? I'm around there and wouldn't lose on 3300 calories but I"m also around 10-11% BF and have a decent amount of lean mass. If your 205 and 25% BF then that is a big difference in calorie needs.

viperc8
10-19-2008, 12:07 PM
Im around 23 percent bf.. and i am slightly gaining on those calrories..

Dan9108
10-19-2008, 01:40 PM
Christ, you seem to like those multi-vitamins.

I don't think 3 a day is very healthy, and if they have Iron in them, then you should probably watch out for that too.

primal21
10-19-2008, 02:18 PM
Im around 23 percent bf.. and i am slightly gaining on those calrories..

Well on a cut you are actually trying to lose weight

So drop those calories broceratops

edit: is this a joke thread?

viperc8
10-19-2008, 03:24 PM
and also.. wats wrong with having alot of volume in my workout? i dont get that part... the rest i understand..

primal21
10-19-2008, 03:53 PM
and also.. wats wrong with having alot of volume in my workout? i dont get that part... the rest i understand..

Overtraining

Why do more when you can do less, be just as effective, and allow more rest?

viperc8
10-19-2008, 04:20 PM
how much less can i do though? You really think that is overtraining??

smalls
10-19-2008, 08:49 PM
It depends on a lot of different factors that we dont know about you. Are you progressing on that routine? I would venture to guess, based on what seems to be your knowledge level and understanding of training/dieting etc that your intensity level and ability to train to failure is not sufficient to really say your overtraining on that routine. But only you can know. I prefer a lower volume higher intensity and frequency routine but there are many many ways to get it done. If you enjoy your routine and make progress on it then it's obviously working for you. There may be things that work better, only way to know is to try.

viperc8
10-20-2008, 09:34 AM
smalls.. whats your workout looking like?

viperc8
10-20-2008, 09:36 AM
maybe one body part a day then? that will make sure each muscle is worked to failure..

beaverfootball
10-20-2008, 11:09 AM
bud you're going to upset the guys who are tryin to help you out. That last post you just posted can definately be answered through the search function..

anyway, but so i can be of somewhat use....

Like smalls said, it depends where you are in your lifting experience etc etc. But from what I have picked up on just from reading this post, i would go with BGB routine or something similar that is already laid out.

smalls
10-20-2008, 10:55 PM
I agree BGB or one of the wannabebig routines that is laid out, basic and easy to follow is going to be best provided you put in the consistency and intensity to both routine and diet.