PDA

View Full Version : Raw Bench meet - Ravenswood, WV

jmccown
10-16-2008, 12:33 PM
I think this is coming up on November 8th. I am planning on going if I can heal up my shoulder between now and then. This will be my first meet. I only plan on doing the raw bench portion. I was wondering if there is anything specific I need to bring/wear. Hopefully shorts and tee will be okay. If anyone knows what time will the lifting begin and generally how long they last please respond. I live a good 2 hours away and need to plan ahead now. Thanks in advance.

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
10-16-2008, 12:45 PM
I think this is coming up on November 8th. I am planning on going if I can heal up my shoulder between now and then. This will be my first meet. I only plan on doing the raw bench portion. I was wondering if there is anything specific I need to bring/wear. Hopefully shorts and tee will be okay. If anyone knows what time will the lifting begin and generally how long they last please respond. I live a good 2 hours away and need to plan ahead now. Thanks in advance.

I assume you are talking about the Nov 8th NASA WV Regional Championship.

The raw bench portion:
1. Unequipped bench press(wrist wraps, belt and singlet only)
2. Powersports bench press(belt and singlet only)

I will be helping with the judging, but compete on Sunday. The Saturday meet start at 10:00 a.m. The length of the meet depend on the number of lifters. The state meet had more than 80 lifters or so.

COMPETITION EQUIPMENT CHECK LIST

1. Gym bag
2. Bp shirt(2), or none if competing unequipped.
3. wrist wraps
4. singlet
5. belt
6. Cooler
7. Protein shake & variety of snacks
8. H20
9. Towel
10. Camera
11. Membership card
12. Extra $$$$
13. Extra clothes
14. Pen
15. Rubbing ointment
16. Deodorant

Good luck and lets break bread together!

jmccown
10-16-2008, 01:20 PM
Please forgive me for asking silly questions but what is a singlet and will I be able to take care of my membership card before the meet? Thanks for the list JT. I am from Kentucky as well.

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
10-16-2008, 01:52 PM
Please forgive me for asking silly questions but what is a singlet and will I be able to take care of my membership card before the meet? Thanks for the list JT. I am from Kentucky as well.

I live in Lexington, KY. I'll be in Morehead,KY this Saturday helping with the NASA Ky Regional Championship. If you are free this weekend, come checkout and see how the meet will be officiated. The Ky Regional Info: http://www.nasa-sports.com/Entries/Entry%20KY%20Reg%20Powerlifting.htm

A singlet is a non-supporting competition outfit required by all major federations to compete in.

http://www.carolinastrength.org/images/singlet_lrg.jpg

You can buy the membership on line at the NASA main website or you can purchase one at the meet.