PDA

View Full Version : just a little update on my bulk diet.

ctwice23
10-16-2008, 12:47 PM
essentially i kept everything the same except i wake up at three and have a bowl of honey bunches of oats mixed with 1/2 cup of yogurt and cup of milk..i'm at 255 right now heading for 270 :) i think i've actually lost some body fat too

Tyrant
10-17-2008, 05:03 PM
You wake up at 3am eat, and then go back to sleep? If so, that's sort-of bad for your sleeping health because your sleeping goes in cycles. REM is the most important part of the cycle and it's the last to be reached. REM sleep occurs several times a sleeping session, increasing in time with every cycle. Since you're waking up and breaking the cycle, you won't be getting as much REM sleep. This could lead to some neurotic symptoms or physical symptoms. Hey, but it's all up to you, and you know more about your body than I do.

smalls
10-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Very few people are really going to have any severe negative effects from waking up every night at 3 am. That being said, if you dont wake up naturally I certainly wouldnt set an alarm to wake up at 3 am. Do you honestly think the food you ate before bed is gone from your stomach. If you need more calories I would simply eat those calories with your last meal.

All the numbers you hear being spouted off about protein digestion rates, etc are based on an empty stomach. Eat meat and fiber with whatever else your eating before bed and it will take the entire night to digest.

ctwice23
10-22-2008, 09:22 AM
i take 4 scoops of real gain before i go to bed mixed with 2 cups of milk, it has 1000 cals and 60 g protein (casein, egg, etc.) i'm to to 260 now so everything's good so far..my dad said it wasn't really healthy for me to have gained all this weight this fast but i told him i'm not on steroids and it's 90 % muscle (190-260lbs in 5 months)

Bracken
10-22-2008, 10:42 AM
I use to eat in the middle of the night if I woke up, it's an easy way to get in an extra meal.

bass slayer
10-22-2008, 10:44 AM
last night i didint get any sleep :(. i am so tired now and i still have a test to study for tonight! i guess it isnt good to stay in bed till noon and sleep 18 hours trying to recover from another night when i didnt get any sleep. college is kicking my ass

if i were you i would just wait until 5 or 6 to get up and get your breakfast. your REM stage of sleep peaks at 3am- 6am and that stage of sleep is very important to your growth.

ctwice23
10-22-2008, 09:27 PM
me at 260. 20-30 more pounds

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w91/Grabber07Orange/221806.jpg