PDA

View Full Version : speed/power running

erikerodri
10-16-2008, 08:17 PM
hi, i was wondering how i could increase my speed a lot and to run with power (i wanna go for fullback next year in football) would sprinting with a weighted vest be any good? thanks for any help

littleman19
10-17-2008, 10:57 AM
don't do any fancy ****. you want to gain power and leg drive, squat and deadlift. you want to get faster, sprint. just make sure you rest properly. you probably need to gain some weight too because no matter how strong you are, if someone who weighs 50lbs more than you tackles you, you're going to get knocked back on your ass and fly back a few yards. trust me, i played fullback at 150lb before i hurt my back. it doesn't take long to learn this :p

erikerodri
10-18-2008, 12:31 PM
don't do any fancy ****. you want to gain power and leg drive, squat and deadlift. you want to get faster, sprint. just make sure you rest properly. you probably need to gain some weight too because no matter how strong you are, if someone who weighs 50lbs more than you tackles you, you're going to get knocked back on your ass and fly back a few yards. trust me, i played fullback at 150lb before i hurt my back. it doesn't take long to learn this :p

thanks man, how could i gain good weight then?