PDA

View Full Version : Football Kicker

Ex3poo
10-17-2008, 07:20 PM
Any workouts for specifically football kickers,next year I'm looking to join the football as the kicker.I've previously played soccer since I was about 9, I wasnt ever the power kicker.I was the captain of my team.But I was a speedy one.Any leg power tips?

powerboy93
10-18-2008, 08:31 AM
squats

Ex3poo
10-18-2008, 09:49 AM
It seems like squats are the answer to everything

Dgro
10-18-2008, 10:54 AM
If you want to learn how to kick a ball far, go out and kick a ball. I play soccer, and I was always a decent kicker but I could never get a lot of distance. Even after my Sophomore year when I went from not lifting with my legs at all to Deadlifting around 350 and Squatting around 280 for reps, it didn't do **** to make me kick a ball farther. The only way I would ever improve is when I went out every day for a month or two and kicked that ****er practicing good form.

Plus, I know about 50 guys who are thin as a rail (you know the classic High School Soccer bod; never been to a weight room, arms like your sister's etc) who could kick the ball from 18 to 18 no problem.

It's all about form and muscle memory. I know you're talking about Football, but I figure it's the same idea.

Notorious
10-18-2008, 11:10 AM
If you want to learn how to kick a ball far, go out and kick a ball. I play soccer, and I was always a decent kicker but I could never get a lot of distance. Even after my Sophomore year when I went from not lifting with my legs at all to Deadlifting around 350 and Squatting around 280 for reps, it didn't do **** to make me kick a ball farther. The only way I would ever improve is when I went out every day for a month or two and kicked that ****er practicing good form.

Plus, I know about 50 guys who are thin as a rail (you know the classic High School Soccer bod; never been to a weight room, arms like your sister's etc) who could kick the ball from 18 to 18 no problem.

It's all about form and muscle memory. I know you're talking about Football, but I figure it's the same idea.

This and squats.

cphafner
10-18-2008, 12:01 PM
I guessing hip flexibility and strength would be important to kicking.

eriatarka01
10-18-2008, 12:06 PM
It seems like squats are the answer to everything

almost everything. the answer to any remaining question is milk.