PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Lifts

alex11012
10-17-2008, 08:59 PM
I have read here that attempting Olympic lifts without a coach should not be attempted.

I believe that Olympic lifting is something I want to try but do not want to spend the money on a coach. I do a clean and press with OK form but attempting a snatch does worry me.

Should I attempt this?

JHarris
10-17-2008, 09:22 PM
I have read here that attempting Olympic lifts without a coach should not be attempted.

I believe that Olympic lifting is something I want to try but do not want to spend the money on a coach. I do a clean and press with OK form but attempting a snatch does worry me.

Should I attempt this?

Are you in the US? Most coaches in the US coach for free.. its just an issue of finding one. The thing is, its very hard to figure out if your form is okay without a coach. You could probably figure out how to get the bar over your head in one motion (i.e. snatch it) without one, but you won't be efficient, and you'll make some pretty bad mistakes.

If you are in the US, let me know where you are - I may be able to find a coach in the area for ya.

alex11012
10-17-2008, 09:26 PM
Are you in the US? Most coaches in the US coach for free.. its just an issue of finding one. The thing is, its very hard to figure out if your form is okay without a coach. You could probably figure out how to get the bar over your head in one motion (i.e. snatch it) without one, but you won't be efficient, and you'll make some pretty bad mistakes.

If you are in the US, let me know where you are - I may be able to find a coach in the area for ya.

No, I'm in the UK. Much smaller community here. I know there are seminars out there just need to find one. Thanks though.

MJay
10-18-2008, 03:59 AM
I'm from the UK too.
Get in contact with one of the coaches for your area. They should be able to put you in contact with someone ore local.
http://www.bwla.co.uk/index.php?option=displaypage&Itemid=54&op=page&SubMenu=

geoffsherman
10-18-2008, 08:52 AM

I would be interested i finding a coach as I would like to incorporate this into my program. I live in Northwest Arkansas though so I don't know if there is anyone near here. If you know of one, please let me know.

alex11012
10-18-2008, 11:22 AM
I'm from the UK too.
Get in contact with one of the coaches for your area. They should be able to put you in contact with someone ore local.
http://www.bwla.co.uk/index.php?option=displaypage&Itemid=54&op=page&SubMenu=

Thanks mate.