PDA

View Full Version : Cardio with limited means

Dkalban
10-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Im starting to get a little tubby in my middle and I want to start a cardio routine (daily) for 10 to 30 mins. I got a jumprope, sneakers, a long driveway, and thats about it. I used to walk down and up the local boardwalk for a couple of miles almost every day during the summer, or do a little bit of jogging. I cant get anything else for cardio since im out of cash, and I cant stand my homemade jumprope (It doesn seem to let me jump at all, perfering to snag my ankle or my neck). Is there a bodyweight/running/jumprope cardio routine you guys can help me create?

Thanks in advance,
Dkalban

powerboy93
10-18-2008, 05:39 PM
when is that Gym membership gonna come? lol it will slove all ur problems.

Dkalban
10-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Honestly, I dont know and its pissing me off! It is aggravating to say at the very least.

Notorious
10-19-2008, 11:46 AM
Just go running/sprinting outside every now and then. Jump roping is good too. If you can't stand your homemade one, please don't tell me you can't afford a real one...

speed_expert
10-19-2008, 12:56 PM
10 minute walk/jog (run as long as you can without having to walk)
stretch
5x jump rope to failure

10x100m at 70% speed (do 100 crunches after every run)

20 minute jog/walk (same as above, go as long as possible)
4x 50 crunches
stretch

-do this routine 3x a week
-increase the warm up time by one minute every other workout
-increase the 20 minute run by 1 minute every workout
-add a set of skipping every week
-increase the crunches by 5 for inbetween the runs, so 105, every week
-increase the 50 crunches by 10 every week, so 4x 60 for week 2

Now every other day where you dont have this routine, do a light 30 minute jog/walk + push ups (use variety of variations) and try to get a TOTAL of 100 reps of push ups per workout. Make sure you always stretch.

This would mean you're running 6 days a week, take the 7th day off. If you find this is too quick to start off, start off doing the first routine twice a week and the second one, 1-2x a week and worrk up to 3x per week for each after about 4 weeks or so.

growthrep
10-19-2008, 07:07 PM
Find a hill. Sprint up as hard as you can, jog down. Repeat as many times as you can in a 30 minute period. Do that 3 times a week. No need for funky equipment.

weasel
10-19-2008, 09:22 PM
there has to be a road or track close to you. so get on a HIIT program

get you a lap or half lap jog then stretch
heres one i made up for someone just starting http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/weasel348/CustomMadeHIIT.jpg if needed you could probably stay on the lower/less running one for longer if needed. after it's done stretch again.

you cna also make a HIIT routine with jumprope although you will need to get a DECENT(I didn't say super expensive) jumprope they can be had for under $15(tops)

you dont need a ton of cash to do cardio.

Also if you trying to look "big" even at 5'7 131 shouldn't require you to be doing a ton of cardio but if you think you need to lower BF % or get in shape for cardio HIIT works well. if nothing else run for distance 2miles isn't to bad and it'll help time yourself and see how much you improve over a couple months i had a journal of my 2 mile times over just the summer time and I dropped over 2 minutes in a matter of a couple months and also lowered my BF by a decent ammount.