PDA

View Full Version : This is not an infomercial

vdizenzo
10-18-2008, 04:27 PM
I have been feeling extremely beat up lately. Now I know I have competed twice within three weeks, but I keep thinking it has to be more than that.
Well, a week before the Olympia I stopped drinking shakes. I made this choice so I could fire down more whole meals. That week before I finished my ETS and because I was not refilling my protein bin in the kitchen I just forgot to get a new bottle of ETS out for the kitchen also. I have a good system of replacing most of my supplements at the same time every month.

Anyway, it's been over a month now since I have taken ETS. I am thinking that's what could be missing. I remember Chris telling me ETS is a supplement that won't take effect overnight. I remember the same advice about Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and MSM. I took that religiously for my ruptured back. It was not until I stopped taking it that I noticed I was getting increasing pain.

My training is going to be much harder than it has been in the past. I am going to be overloading my bench with 900+ lb board presses. I will be using Wendler's 5-3-1 on raw bench, ohp, dl, and squat also. So I will definitely report back on the ETS experiment. I feel pretty confident that is what has been lacking. I have been very consistent with every other aspect of my nutrition and recuperation routines.

JasonLift
10-18-2008, 04:35 PM
Congrats on competing twice in 3 weeks, it has got to be physically demanding to compete back to back at such a high level.

ALN seems to be an innovator in alot of areas as far as supplementation. I will be interested to see how you feel after putting ETS back in.

thewicked
10-18-2008, 04:37 PM
can't live without ets brutha... i love it as much as i do results!

Ryan Celli
10-18-2008, 04:53 PM
ETS is the only supplement i can say i take twice a day every day no matter what. Some of the others I may forget or don't feel like drinking for some reason, but the ETS is easy and I believe it works.

I also drink my green drink everyday, but that's usually just once a day :)

Eric Downey
10-18-2008, 05:36 PM
ETS is worth every penny

Captain_Crunch
10-18-2008, 09:41 PM
This sounds interesting. Is there a place in Canada that sells At Large?

Travis Bell
10-18-2008, 10:34 PM
Well if you are near the border, you can just have it sent to some place near and then drive across and get it, thus saving yourself alot of shipping, but no at this time there isn't any place offline that you can purchase AtLarge supplements

ETS though is a big time helper for myself. I notice my wrists and shoulders start to feel really beat up and hurt me when I'm taking time off from ETS. Usually I'll consume 1 bottle and then take a week off, start over again on the next one.

I do notice a huge difference in just normal post workout muscle soreness. I'm alot more sore on the week I"m off it

youngguns
10-19-2008, 07:47 AM
Vin, I though you couldn't squat/deadlift due to back issues? Maybe I'm making things up...

vdizenzo
10-19-2008, 08:06 AM
Vin, I though you couldn't squat/deadlift due to back issues? Maybe I'm making things up...

I squat and dl what my body can handle. I used to just do 150lb squats for 10x10 with minimal rest, but that's just not enough. Now I use a safety bar with moderate weight. I also use the trap bar for dl. I try to keep my back pretty neutral when doing these. It is the strain from direct weight compressing down on the discs when arching that really kills me.

bigbadwolfe
10-19-2008, 08:10 AM
During my heavy training cycles leading upto my last 3 contest I swore by ETS. The stuff is legit and works!!!